coronavirus

irvinehomeowner said:
Not sure what you mean by this.

Irvine has had a mandated mask order since 4/8. Businesses in violation will be fined... many businesses have this order posted so they can tell patrons why a mask is required.
https://legacy.cityofirvine.org/civica/filebank/blobdload.asp?BlobID=32485

Why would they not enforce a state order?
you know how many store and businesses in Irvine, I visited since 04/08, let unmasked customers in? This EO is not going to change anything. It will be posted on the front door and on a few walls in the store, but again, it's the state duty to enforce it (aka bust the unmasked clients). If business was lenient on the masks before, it's not going to change anything down the road

irvinehomeowner said:
Are you an epidemiologist? Post the links where NY has herd immunity... I haven't read that anywhere.
Check the numbers. Think. Check again. Think again. Come back, we'll continue talking :)

adventurous said:
irvinehomeowner said:
Are you an epidemiologist? Post the links where NY has herd immunity... I haven't read that anywhere.
Check the numbers. Think. Check again. Think again. Come back, we'll continue talking :)

Oh... so this is in your mind? Not actual data from medical professionals who have tested the NY population?

Unless there is actual proof that the majority of NY has immunity... this is just conjecture.

adventurous said:
irvinehomeowner said:

Irvine has had a mandated mask order since 4/8. Businesses in violation will be fined... many businesses have this order posted so they can tell patrons why a mask is required.

you know how many store and businesses in Irvine, I visited since 04/08, let unmasked customers in? This EO is not going to change anything. It will be posted on the front door and on a few walls in the store, but again, it's the state duty to enforce it (aka bust the unmasked clients). If business was lenient on the masks before, it's not going to change anything down the road

I dunno... I've probably been to more than you have and it was enforced every single time. I even forgot to wear mine and the person asked me to put it on (I was holding it).

The only places I have been to that weren't enforcing masks were Tustin and South OC businesses (but most had signs on the the door saying you had to wear one to enter).

irvinehomeowner said:
adventurous said:
irvinehomeowner said:

I dunno... I've probably been to more than you have and it was enforced every single time. I even forgot to wear mine and the person asked me to put it on (I was holding it).

The only places I have been to that weren't enforcing masks were Tustin and South OC businesses (but most had signs on the the door saying you had to wear one to enter).

I was at WF in Irvine this week and this really hot guy tried to enter without a mask. The WF employee took out a stack of masks and handed him one. Was that you Adventure?  It wasn?t QWERTY - I checked the calves.

eyephone said:
Nothing is wrong with me. You are snake in the grass.

Do not blame me. I am not the one trying to nickel and dime the hoa. Lol

GET OUT OF DECEPTION!

REPENT!

What are your reactions when you hear these?

ICU beds in short supply across Florida as state struggles with coronavirus spike

Less than a quarter of hospital beds for intensive care patients are now available in Florida as the state grapples with a spike in coronavirus cases, data provided by the state revealed on Thursday.

Back at the start of pandemic in March, when New York City and the state were fully in the grips of the pandemic, Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis ordered that visitors from those hard hit regions had to quarantine in the Sunshine State.

They were afraid that New Yorkers would being the virus to their state, Cuomo told reporters on Thursday. Fast forward 100 days, now we're afraid they're bringing the virus to our state.

Cuomo appeared to fight a grin as he mulled the possible Florida quarantine.
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-new...da-state-struggles-coronavirus-spike-n1231451

Were masks worn and social distancing enforced? Idk
But lets go to the bar and party! jkjk

How are the schools going to afford to pay their teachers?

Their funding has a big cut due to the California budget issues.

At the same time, are teachers going to have to have staggered days? Is part of the day in school and part online or maybe every other day is half the class in person and the other half online and then vice versa for the next day?

Do they get paid more for this?

Maybe some kids can be always on zoom if their parents don't want them in the classroom and are able to watch them at home and help with schoolwork and then the rest in the classroom so they can be six feet apart?

Ready2Downsize said:

At the same time, are teachers going to have to have staggered days? Is part of the day in school and part online or maybe every other day is half the class in person and the other half online and then vice versa for the next day?

Maybe some kids can be always on zoom if their parents don't want them in the classroom and are able to watch them at home and help with schoolwork and then the rest in the classroom so they can be six feet apart?

Can you call the schools and ask?  Unless someone here works as an admin, principal, etc in a school we won't know.  Or a parent hounding their private or IUSD school, but they probably won't have time for TI if they are that kind of parent.  :eek:

Schools don?t have a specific plan as of yet and are still surveying until more specifics come from the state in mid-July. Parents have the ultimate voice at board meetings; especially with board elections in November.

I think we all have a valid point regarding schools.

I read that the cost might be high to open schools the correct way. For example: masks/sanitizers/wipes, sanitizer stations, modified classrooms, additional cleaning maybe during the day and night, plexiglas in the school office, signs, special stickers on the ground directing traffic. (For an estimate: multiply that by the amount times the months of the school year. Then multiply that for the amount of schools in a district.)

How is this going to be done? As there are potential budget cuts for city and state wide.

Maybe some schools will do it or just throw in the towel and go distant learning.  ;)

akkord said:
Ready2Downsize said:

Can you call the schools and ask?  Unless someone here works as an admin, principal, etc in a school we won't know.  Or a parent hounding their private or IUSD school, but they probably won't have time for TI if they are that kind of parent.  :eek:

Have no kids in school, just wondering if there is a plan.

My daughter is a 2nd grade teacher in AZ. I know they were planning on opening but I don't know the exact changes. She said it's going to take her a long time to set up her classroom (has to go to another building which isn't really a classroom) and she hasn't gotten word on exactly what is entailed.

She HATED online. She said parents were not helping the kids, kids were not performing well on tests and she worked a long time on her videos and put together lots of crafty stuff to make it interesting to the kids. She responded to every kid every day in every subject. She was up from early morning till late at night and felt like it was all for nothing with the kids not performing well.

You wouldn't know that from her facebook page. Raves from some parents on how much she did for their kids during the shutdown.

She's hopeful schools will be in person ONLY. Her older sis though is hopeful schools will not open and will be 100% online.

aquabliss said:
I went to Garden Grove this weekend to pick up some Vietnamese food for a party.  My wife gave me the name and address of a place in a predominantly Vietnamese center that sells this special kind of crispy pork she wanted.

Ain't nobody over there wearing masks.  Not the patrons, not the workers, not the people wandering aimlessly around the center.  I think I saw 1 mask wearer in line at the restaurant, and maybe 1 walking around the center.  9 out of 10 were going commando.

Have you seen the covid numbers in Garden Grove and Westminster?

irvinehomeowner said:
qwerty said:
irvinehomeowner said:
Yep. GG has over double the cases with 100k less people than Irvine.

They Viets are smarter - they are reaching herd immunity faster :)

Oooo... it?s that in your mind proof again.

#thinkagain

I even saw a dude coughing at the tea shop a couple down from the bbq place.  I jetted out quick.

Have you guys noticed when you?re in North OC or LA it always feels good to come to Irvine.  I have this joke with my kids when we visit family in LA/Long Beach then pass the ?Irvine City Limit? sign I say ?ok kids we?re safe now?.

Back