coronavirus

I have the right to be shaken up if someone coughs in front of me. As you already know professional athletes had gotten it. (Most likely healthier than the average person)

There are side effects of the virus such as loss of sense of smell and taste, seizures, hallucinations.

I think qwerty was in HB on Friday. :)

As for the Irvine order, it's solely for workers in essential businesses and patrons of said businesses. Local government and health authorities actually do have a right to put guidelines into place to protect public safety as do businesses have a right to enforce whatever rules they want.

Remember those 'No Shoes, No Shirt, No Service', 'We have the right to refuse service' and 'No pets allowed' signs? As long as it's not discriminatory... it's legal.

I see qwerty seems to be drawing the line at masks... how did you feel about the public social gatherings of 5 or more people?

BTW: I don't wear a mask while out walking, bike riding or driving my car... only when going to do essential stuff like buying food.

qwerty said:
You guys must have me confused for someone who cares about politics. I?m not a trump supporter although I do think he is funny sometimes. Although I can understand why you guys think I?m a trump supporter as my comments are more in support of the economy vs societal health.

I?m just a realist, people die everyday. Always have always will. We have never stopped the world before so it doesn?t make any sense that we stop the world for this.

I just don?t want the government telling me that I need to wear a mask when I go out in public. If I wanted to be told what to do all the time I would live in china. If you guys want to wear a mask all the time for it, no one is stopping you. I?ve been wearing one when I go to the grocery store at my wife?s request. I don?t mind it. I just don?t want the government forcing it on me.

And if I did care about politics I would be a pro-choice person for the same reason as the mask. The government should be telling people what to do with their body.

Was calling those protesters (in Huntington Beach) Trump supporters because there were Trump flags, banners, Maga hats etc.  Not you.

And it?s not calling them out with malice. It?s just amusing to see this level of hypocrisy. I mean one guy was wearing a full hazmat suit while holding a ?COVID-19 is a lie? sign.

I actually don?t have much problem with people who believe in libertarian-ism ? it?s my life, my body, my freedom, and I live with the consequences ?. It works in most aspects, but I am also a realist. You cannot have a fully functioning society on pure libertarianism.

I know many healthcare workers resent this type of thinking, especially in this pandemic. Do these ?my life, my choices, my consequences? people stay home and die alone when they get infected? Probably not. They go to the hospitals, use our public health resources, and put healthcare workers? life at risk jut like everyone else.

Maybe it'd help psychologically to think of putting the mask on out of respect for those healthcare workers on the front lines, not because the government told you to.

I know you said you don't care for politics so maybe you don?t yet see the irony.

But it?s the people who care about politics and the people they vote into office that?s making your life miserable.

@iho - I don?t have an issue with any of the guidelines. I wouldn?t even have an issue if the required that we stand 6 ft away. It makes sense. I just have an issue with being forced to put on a mask. I do it anyway so not the end of the world. As my friend Smokey would say It?s more the principality of the situation :)

eyephone said:
I have the right to be shaken up if someone coughs in front of me. As you already know professional athletes had gotten it. (Most likely healthier than the average person)

There are side effects of the virus such as loss of sense of smell and taste, seizures, hallucinations.

People do not want to wake up and smell the coffee.
For example, I just talked to someone in North Carolina. He said no problem and everything thing is fine and no one got it. (But not what the stats for the state indicates)

I think education is key to overcome this virus.

qwerty said:
@iho - I don?t have an issue with any of the guidelines. I wouldn?t even have an issue if the required that we stand 6 ft away. It makes sense. I just have an issue with being forced to put on a mask.

That's the thing, even with 6 feet of separation, any type of increase exhalation (sneeze/cough/yell) could cause particles to travel farther than that... even farther than 10 feet.

That's where the face coverings help... and also because as you walk around an essential business, there are occasions where you have to pass by someone closer than 6 feet. When I'm trying to pick out which type of Captain Crunch cereal my kids want... I don't want someone who is impatiently reaching for the Trix sneezing on me. :)

The social acceptance factor wearing a mask quickly adopted. I went to the stores and I was the only one not wearing a mask in the place and people loook at me as if my hair was on fire.  :).

One old guy even fan his arms accross up and down as if he was kung fu master to let me know to stay away.

qwerty said:
eyephone said:
eyephone said:
You have to be careful when you go out now. I saw some an lady cough or something and I went the other way with my cart at Costco. It could been an innocent cough. (I do not know that, nobody knows)

Hypothetical scenario: If would be ideal if the person who I saw coughing had a mask. What if that person had it? Then she could of spread it to other people.

You mean spread the same way a cold/flu is spread? The flu is just As capable of killing someone.

I know you think this is a shark bite vs a dog bite but let%u2019s be real you only think that because the testing has only been done on those that meet the restrictive testing requirements. You will see the death rate is likely very close to that of the flu when it%u2019s all said and done.

We care now about spreading a flu like disease but we did t care before about infecting someone%u2019s with the deadly flu?

Btw - It is more than a cough.

There is only so much people can take. Take look at Wisconsin election.
The GOP tried to suppress people voting by mail and the US federal Supreme court ruled in favor of the GOP. By forcing people to vote in person and not vote by mail. There were a few polling stations due to the lack of volunteers. People waited in line and voted. They risked their life to vote to make a change.

But what do you know? The democratic candidate won for Wisconsin state Supreme Court. An underdog in the race.

The fire is spreading across the US. People are fed up! Rise up!
The way is he handling the virus is not ideal. Yelling at people and making fun of people. In the meantime essential workers are getting sick.

Kenkoko said:
qwerty said:
You guys must have me confused for someone who cares about politics. I?m not a trump supporter although I do think he is funny sometimes. Although I can understand why you guys think I?m a trump supporter as my comments are more in support of the economy vs societal health.

I?m just a realist, people die everyday. Always have always will. We have never stopped the world before so it doesn?t make any sense that we stop the world for this.

I just don?t want the government telling me that I need to wear a mask when I go out in public. If I wanted to be told what to do all the time I would live in china. If you guys want to wear a mask all the time for it, no one is stopping you. I?ve been wearing one when I go to the grocery store at my wife?s request. I don?t mind it. I just don?t want the government forcing it on me.

And if I did care about politics I would be a pro-choice person for the same reason as the mask. The government should be telling people what to do with their body.

Was calling those protesters (in Huntington Beach) Trump supporters because there were Trump flags, banners, Maga hats etc.  Not you.

And it?s not calling them out with malice. It?s just amusing to see this level of hypocrisy. I mean one guy was wearing a full hazmat suit while holding a ?COVID-19 is a lie? sign.

I actually don?t have much problem with people who believe in libertarian-ism ? it?s my life, my body, my freedom, and I live with the consequences ?. It works in most aspects, but I am also a realist. You cannot have a fully functioning society on pure libertarianism.

I know many healthcare workers resent this type of thinking, especially in this pandemic. Do these ?my life, my choices, my consequences? people stay home and die alone when they get infected? Probably not. They go to the hospitals, use our public health resources, and put healthcare workers? life at risk jut like everyone else.

Maybe it'd help psychologically to think of putting the mask on out of respect for those healthcare workers on the front lines, not because the government told you to.

I know you said you don't care for politics so maybe you don?t yet see the irony.

But it?s the people who care about politics and the people they vote into office that?s making your life miserable.

Couple Hundred Thousand people live in HB and some of these 100 people probably were from other cities. In any case that is a very small amount of people and of course they got lots of press about it.

Yesterday HB Coronavirus cases were up 8% in HB. Today they went from 112 to 136 (21%). Out of the 79 new cases today, 24 were from HB...?? some food for thought to those wackos. If they want to expose themselves, fine go ahead but they are exposing others down the road potentially.

Then again, maybe all these new cases are in a nursing home or homeless shelter. Lord knows they got plenty of homeless there. Would be nice if we had all the data, but we don't so hard to say if the general population is what is contributing to the new cases or if it's dorm style living (homeless/nursing homes) which isn't due to our out and aboutness.

We don?t ban alcohol to prevent drunk driving, we don?t ban cars to prevent people dying in car accidents, we don?t ban guns to prevent mass shootings at schools, malls, work places. We don?t ban cell phones from cars, the list goes on and on.

But we are willing to financially ruin half the world for a flu-like virus. All situations can?t be derisked. Still not sure why this particular disease is being treated differently than every other risk. It?s the inconsistency I have an issue with.

qwerty said:
We don%u2019t ban alcohol to prevent drunk driving, we don%u2019t ban cars to prevent people dying in car accidents, we don%u2019t ban guns to prevent mass shootings at schools, malls, work places. We don%u2019t ban cell phones from cars, the list goes on and on.

But we are willing to financially ruin half the world for a flu-like virus. All situations can%u2019t be derisked. Still not sure why this particular disease is being treated differently than every other risk. It%u2019s the inconsistency I have an issue with.

This is like a plague. We are at war with the virus.
Until there is a vaccine or cure there is uncertainty.

I did not want to bring it up. But there is a disparity with Latinos and Blacks relating to the virus. Why is that? They do not think it can get it? Maybe the diet or type of food?
(This is another example. Lack of education/information. Also, the disinformation in January and February did not help either.)

@eyephone - I think in general, similar to education, blacks and Hispanics tend to be more on the lower end of the socioeconomic spectrum and are generally less educated. Hispanics also do a lot of the grunt work and are probably exposed to the virus more???

Being on the lower end of the socioeconomic spectrum they may not have medical insurance so they may not go until the situation becomes to dire??

I don?t think they believe they can?t get it. I think they just do what they have to do to get by couple with no insurance it probably leads to higher death rates. Diets probably play into is as well. Hispanics don?t eat the healthiest foods so they have some of the existing conditions that don?t seem to mix well with the virus.

qwerty said:
We don?t ban alcohol to prevent drunk driving, we don?t ban cars to prevent people dying in car accidents, we don?t ban guns to prevent mass shootings at schools, malls, work places. We don?t ban cell phones from cars, the list goes on and on.

But we are willing to financially ruin half the world for a flu-like virus. All situations can?t be derisked. Still not sure why this particular disease is being treated differently than every other risk. It?s the inconsistency I have an issue with.

I think we r seeing that compared to the population total, the number of people of getting sick is a very small percent.

Before or at the time of lockdowns we were hearing numbers that were astronomical (ie. 30-40K vents, you choose the 26000 that die!, 25.6 million Californians infected by beginning of Aug! (right on top of the ventilator call) and the government was able to strike fear into people. NOW people are seeing the ramifications and thinking was all this worth it?

Reminds me of the WMD Saddam was supposed to have when we went into Desert Storm.

Yeah...?? people ARE getting sick and some VERY sick but not to the extent we were told.

I have sold $9000 of "stuff" on ebay, an ungodly sum of things like coffee, tylenol and body wash. I couldn't list my stockpile from couponing quick enough. 20-30 flat rate boxes going to the post office daily. This stuff I had listed the last year and it sold every once in a while. Suddenly...?.. wham!

Now I sell a little over what I was selling but maybe cuz I am sold out of the cheap stuff. I got a feeling though the hysteria has calmed down

Ready2Downsize said:
qwerty said:
We don%u2019t ban alcohol to prevent drunk driving, we don%u2019t ban cars to prevent people dying in car accidents, we don%u2019t ban guns to prevent mass shootings at schools, malls, work places. We don%u2019t ban cell phones from cars, the list goes on and on.

But we are willing to financially ruin half the world for a flu-like virus. All situations can%u2019t be derisked. Still not sure why this particular disease is being treated differently than every other risk. It%u2019s the inconsistency I have an issue with.

I think we r seeing that compared to the population total, the number of people of getting sick is a very small percent.

Before or at the time of lockdowns we were hearing numbers that were astronomical (ie. 30-40K vents, you choose the 26000 that die!, 25.6 million Californians infected by beginning of Aug! (right on top of the ventilator call) and the government was able to strike fear into people. NOW people are seeing the ramifications and thinking was all this worth it?

Reminds me of the WMD Saddam was supposed to have when we went into Desert Storm.

Yeah...%u2026%u2026 people ARE getting sick and some VERY sick but not to the extent we were told.

I have sold $9000 of "stuff" on ebay, an ungodly sum of things like coffee, tylenol and body wash. I couldn't list my stockpile from couponing quick enough. 20-30 flat rate boxes going to the post office daily. This stuff I had listed the last year and it sold every once in a while. Suddenly...%u2026.. wham!

Now I sell a little over what I was selling but maybe cuz I am sold out of the cheap stuff. I got a feeling though the hysteria has calmed down

Compare this to WMD Iraq? Another Q conspiracy. Lol

Sorry America first policy got into this situation. We did not demand to send the CDC into Wuhan on the ground with scientists and experts. According to many reports, (I mean a lot) Trump was advised about the virus threat. But he did not do nothing.

Now look at Fat Kimchee Kim shooting missiles from N Korea like it is 4th of July. Tell Trump to tell his best friend Fatty Kim to stop it.

Also, tell him to fix his make up during the press conference. Sorry to say his make up for the camera look better when he was on the Apprentice.

irvinehomeowner said:
It must be a beach thing.

San Clemente protesters today.

And defiant anti social distancing to boot.

It?s a whit thing :)

White Americans have been raised their whole here and ingrained into their head that we have freedoms other countries don?t

qwerty said:
irvinehomeowner said:
It must be a beach thing.

San Clemente protesters today.

And defiant anti social distancing to boot.

It?s a whit thing :)

White Americans have been raised their whole here and ingrained into their head that we have freedoms other countries don?t

It just another conspiracy theory.

eyephone said:
Ready2Downsize said:
qwerty said:

Yeah...%u2026%u2026 people ARE getting sick and some VERY sick but not to the extent we were told.

I have sold $9000 of "stuff" on ebay, an ungodly sum of things like coffee, tylenol and body wash. I couldn't list my stockpile from couponing quick enough. 20-30 flat rate boxes going to the post office daily. This stuff I had listed the last year and it sold every once in a while. Suddenly...%u2026.. wham!

Compare this to WMD Iraq? Another Q conspiracy. Lol

Sorry America first policy got into this situation. We did not demand to send the CDC into Wuhan on the ground with scientists and experts. According to many reports, (I mean a lot) Trump was advised about the virus threat. But he did not do nothing.

Now look at Fat Kimchee Kim shooting missiles from N Korea like it is 4th of July. Tell Trump to tell his best friend Fatty Kim to stop it.

Also, tell him to fix his make up during the press conference. Sorry to say his make up for the camera look better when he was on the Apprentice.

TV productions make up artist pays well and unionized.

White House make up artist is the First Lady, because she fired them all to prevent Trump hands from going under the skirts.

NBC Article: In new poll, 60 percent support keeping stay-at-home restrictions to fight coronavirus

Fifty-eight percent say they are more worried about stopping the virus' spread, while 32 percent are more concerned with the economic fallout, a new NBC News/WSJ poll shows.

But while strong majorities of Democrats and independents are more worried about the coronavirus than the economy, Republicans are divided on the question, with almost half of them more concerned about how the restrictions could affect the economy.

The poll also finds a significant change in attitudes about the coronavirus. The percentage of voters saying they're worried that a family member might catch it has increased by 20 points since last month's survey.

And those saying the coronavirus has changed their families' day-to-day lives in a major way has jumped by more than 50 points from the March NBC News/WSJ poll.

So much else has stayed steady in the midst of the pandemic ? President Donald Trump's job rating remains unchanged in the mid-40s, a majority continues to disapprove of the president's handling of the coronavirus, and Trump is still trailing apparent Democratic nominee Joe Biden in the race for the White House.
https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/me...-home-restrictions-fight-coronavirus-n1187011

Back