coronavirus

@morekaos:

And there you go, on cue... Facebook-style misinformation stir the pot get the views post.

Did you even read eyephone's ABC News post? And your post is just another op-ed... find some real news articles and maybe we can talk... otherwise... continue your lies.

irvinehomeowner said:
@morekaos:

And there you go, on cue... Facebook-style misinformation stir the pot get the views post.

Did you even read eyephone's ABC News post? And your post is just another op-ed... find some real news articles and maybe we can talk... otherwise... continue your lies.

As I said, morekaos relies on sources of misinformation. He usually posts op-ed and calls it source of information.

When we look around the county at activities, we see a wide variety of behavior.  We filter with our own confirmation bias on how much we see masks or no masks.

In the day activities that I do, grocery store, home despot, pharmacy, casual restaurant, etc.  I see anywhere from 50% masks to 90%+ masks.  Some days everybody in the bagel shop will have a mask on that is coming in.  Other days, it's lucky if it's half.

Sadly, the big swingers for that are the Deputies and Police that show up which invariably are not masking.

The grocery store is almost always over 75% masks if not higher.  Most other stores the same.

For fast causal restaurants, those that stay and eat, immediately unmask.  Those that take and go, mask the whole time.  Don't recall anyone not masking and getting to go.

For outdoor events, beach, park, hiking trails, lake, virtually zero mask at activity.  Again, 50-75% mask though as people get up to go somewhere such as the restroom, or the snack stand, etc.

As for concert, sporting event, etc.  I would expect near zero masks.  While it seems like an oxymoron, this is survivorship bias to the T.  Masking people are not going to go to a large gathering.  You've already eliminated people concerned about spread without masks or with vaccine before they show up.  Even then, sitting in a outdoor stadium, you're really only exposed to the 20ish people immediately around you.  Everyone else, ironically noted as wearing their masks until they get to their seats, it's passing person on the street. 

I will often wear a mask when going into a restaurant to order, the people working are all wearing masks, it's a courtesy on my part.  I'm barking away over the crowd noise to place my order.  Afterwards, we prefer sitting outside.  When I go back in, I make prejudicial value judgement walking up to the door based on crowd size inside, looks of people inside, what I heard the first time I was in and any glaringly obvious political apparel. 

If everybody's chill, I don't bother, I walk in, over to the beverage machine and refill my drink and walk back out the door.  Any dumbassery I on goes the mask.

Saturday night I picked up a to go order from a Marketplace restaurant.  The restaurants had a okay crowd.  Looking through the windows walking up they weren't empty, but for going 7PM on a Saturday night, there was no line.  At any of them.  The outdoor patios that used to be full were all empty.

So while no one had a mask on in the restaurant, to me, there seemed to be a 45 minute line or more of people missing.

So yea, survivorship bias. Those going don't mask.  Those not going, you don't see until you do.

@nsr:

Exactly... morekaos goes to places who don't take Covid seriously or don't like to be told what to do... is it any wonder his whole family got Covid vax'd or not? That just proves why Covid is still going be around even with vaccinations and why they aren't as preventative as we would hope because... in morekaos' words:

people are gonna people

morekaos said:
And it bolsters the point that vaccines really don?t work that well?virus gonna virus.

So you don't understand logic.

States/counties with high vaccination rates have fewer COVID cases. States/counties with low vaccination rates have more COVID cases.

morekaos conclusion: vaccines really don't work that well.

No wonder you're a Trump supporter.

irvinehomeowner said:
@nsr:

Exactly... morekaos goes to places who don't take Covid seriously or don't like to be told what to do... is it any wonder his whole family got Covid vax'd or not? That just proves why Covid is still going be around even with vaccinations and why they aren't as preventative as we would hope because... in morekaos' words:

people are gonna people

He got COVID vaxxed....the natural way. And got natural immunity.

So his recommendation to the un-vaxxed: Intentionally catching COVID will prevent catching COVID better than getting vaccine.

I got my booster on Friday - Moderna (1/2 dose) and Pfizer (Doses 1 and 2). Like the Flu vaccine, nothing is absolutely going to work every single time it's administered. Getting re-vaccinated was more of a preventative issue for me, my friends, and my community. I've got plenty of vaxxed and unvaxxed friends and family who have gotten a positive COVID-19 test all the way through to being on a ventilator. Thankfully, unlike others on this board, I've not had anyone pass from this. To those that have, yes, it's a tough go.

None of these vaccines - Pfizer, Moderna, J&J, AstraZeneca, Sputnik-5, Sinovac - plus all the rest down the line to come will never be 100% certain of either prevention or reduction of the spread of COVID-19. Once you can accept this as plain fact what remains is choice - do you or don't you get vaxxed? I'd rather leave this up to the individual rather than The State.

But... but... schools require vaccination for all sorts of things! So there!! Yeah, OK, but those vaccines are well researched, have decades of reliability, and are considered safe. These new ones need more time and study before we really know what's going on with them. I made the risk decision myself, knowing also that Moderna has significant probability to make heart issues worse. Also if you don't want to vax there is private and homeschooling.  Oh..but... but... motorcycle helmets and seatbelts..  Yeah, OK. We have to comply - or of course face a fine, not unemployment, jail, or financial ruin.

If one wants to argue for State mandated vaccinations one needs a better starting point.

For entertainment purposes only:
Do you drive without a seat belt? before it was legal to drive without one
Do you smoke in offices, bars, and restaurants? before it was legal to smoke freely
Free for all (video game terminology) Forget vaccines? Bring back polio.. idk

The the anti-vax people want people to get covid for natural immunity. But so far around 5 million people died of covid world wide. (natural immunity did not work for them)

Sear belt is bad analogy. There is not much side effects regarding seat belt? At the end, it is all about risk tolerance.
It also goes without saying the death count due to Covid has been exaggerated (For British, death within 28  days after positive test for any cause count) and vaccine side effects have been downplayed. CNN even says vaccinated makes you healthier for other diseases. Only liberals will buy that non sense.

akula1488 said:
Sear belt is bad analogy. There is not much side effects regarding seat belt? At the end, it is all about risk tolerance.
It also goes without saying the death count due to Covid has been exaggerated (For British, death within 28  days after positive test for any cause count) and vaccine side effects have been downplayed. CNN even says vaccinated makes you healthier for other diseases. Only liberals will buy that non sense.

And your natural immunity idea is bs. Tell that to 5 million people that died.

Free for all, but if you die. Dont blame me?

(For entertainment purposes only. Please consult your insurance for covid relates medical fees have changed) ;)

akula1488 said:
You're right that seat belt is bad analogy. Why? Because if you don't wear seat belt, you're the only one at risk. But if you're unvaccinated, you're putting other people at risk.

I don't know if the vaccine makes you healthier for other diseases just because CNN says so. I might believe it if doctors or scientists say so. Actually, liberals use their brains, unlike conservatives, who are brain washed by Qanon, Newsmax, and Faux News.

And vaccine side effects been downplayed. You'd be a fool to listen to the above mentioned "news" outlet that exaggerated the side effects.

akula1488 said:

Well if you dont wear your seat belt you might die in an accident or sudden stop. The point serious injury is prevented with a seat belt. Same with taking the vaccine.

Free for all, but dont blame me cough cough.

Soylent Green Is People said:
None of these vaccines - Pfizer, Moderna, J&J, AstraZeneca, Sputnik-5, Sinovac - plus all the rest down the line to come will never be 100% certain of either prevention or reduction of the spread of COVID-19. Once you can accept this as plain fact what remains is choice - do you or don't you get vaxxed? I'd rather leave this up to the individual rather than The State.

No one is arguing that the vaccine is 100% certain. That's why we need herd immunity, to dramatically decrease the chance of the virus spreading. Do this math.

Let say the vaccines only work 90% and 90% of the population is vaccinated. That means the chances of prevention is 90% x 90% = 81%.

On the other hand, if 50% of the population insists on "my body, my choice", then the chances of prevention is 90% x 50% = 45%. Less than 50%.

The question isn't "do you or do you not want to get vaxxed?"

It's "do you or do you not want to get rid of COVID?"

Back