Cetara Orchard Hills The Groves Shea Homes

LongIrvine said:
Probably goes without saying, that not all large lots are the same, side, slope etc.  What do most people consider a large lot?  20 ft rear setback?  40?  >7k sq ft lot?  Just curious what others think, I agree with Bulls; I'm particularly partial to large lots and really think it's underappreciated how wide the lots on the street are given how many people don't use their garages.  Having 60+ feet between houses has a huge impact vs. 50 ft. 

It's all relative. If you ask someoen that has moved from an area outside of Southern California, a larger lot may be 1 acre. But I think for most Irvine buyers a larger lot would be one that's over 5,000sf or maybe where the lot is 2x the size of the home (can vary depending on the footprint of the home on the lot though).

I was debating this with some friends.  A few bought La Vita plan 4 with view lots for under $2m in the early phases.  Some have sold for over $3.5m which is a great appreciation in five years.  Their lot sizes are 10k sq ft.  They are 4 bed/4.5bath.

Can Cetara with 5-6k sq ft view lots but 5 bed/5.5bath ideally sell for around the same price in five years? 

Dr. CA Real Estate said:
irvineboy said:
Anyone get pricing yet?  Rumor is it was released today for phase 1.

For those not on the priority list, the lot premiums for the view lots are 300-350. Their priority prequalified list was bigger than I thought.

View Lots
74- 2.105m
75- 2.16m
76- 2.12m

Do you know how big the list is?

I'm starting to get the itch for that new home smell.  These look way better than Ravello but i think the view isn't as impressive?  Can anyone confirm? 

Plan 2 had a wow factor when i walked in but I really liked the functionality of Plan 1 and the side patio.  Maybe the gym goes in the side patio conservatory....

scubasteve said:
I'm starting to get the itch for that new home smell.  These look way better than Ravello but i think the view isn't as impressive?  Can anyone confirm? 

Plan 2 had a wow factor when i walked in but I really liked the functionality of Plan 1 and the side patio.  Maybe the gym goes in the side patio conservatory....

View at Ravello is definitely way better with a higher elevation.  Plan 2 is a wow factor, but only if you get the view lot.  You don't want resident right behind you to stare down on the greatroom in that big window=) as the lots are tiny for the house (Avg. 5,700 sqft lot on a 4,000+ sqft home).  I like the house itself though if you can get the view lot, but looks like mid-$2mm investment with the options/landscaping.

My friend told me that the glass wall in lieu of standard windows and the sliding doors in the great room in Plan 2 is $30k.  That sounds expensive.  Is it advisable and cheaper to find a contractor to do it after closing?

That is expensive but guessing it?s for an expansive corner slider with 2 walls of sliding doors?  That?s a structural upgrade you don?t want to do after closing.  What happens 18 months later when the ceiling above starts to give way?  Good luck on getting your contractor to fix it.

Back