Cetara Orchard Hills The Groves Shea Homes

I personally liked Plan 2 the best. Decent size and big open great room and second floor lounge. Reminded me of a cross between the Irvine Pacific Ravello and the larger Toll Brothers homes.

We're in contract with a Padova home and going through the options selection process, and I'd agree with Kris and budgeting about $150-200K in options and upgrades. The prices are reasonably fair to a bit higher vs. what you can do aftermarket, but the key is being able to bake into your mortgage and not having to demo and re-do post close. The design studio is def. aggressive but offer a very wide range of products which is neat. This is our fourth new construction home, with the prior three KB Homes builds up in the Bay Area, and compared to Shea Homes OC, their selections were no where near as good or expansive. The problem is having to make sure we don't destroy our budget.

I'd be curious if they'll be offering design studio credits with the first few Cetera releases...

They offer design studio credits?  I have heard of lots that they have trouble selling offering credits as incentive.  But rarely the first phases offer credits.

Plan 2 is nice but it didn?t have an extra office like plan 1 and 3 offered.  Plan 3 is very dark due to the lack of windows in the high ceiling area and the rooms were smaller.  Plan 1 is functional and reminded me of the Messina plan 3 without the curved stair.

irvineboy said:
They offer design studio credits?  I have heard of lots that they have trouble selling offering credits as incentive.  But rarely the first phases offer credits.

Plan 2 is nice but it didn?t have an extra office like plan 1 and 3 offered.  Plan 3 is very dark due to the lack of windows in the high ceiling area and the rooms were smaller.  Plan 1 is functional and reminded me of the Messina plan 3 without the curved stair.

All my buyers said 2 or 3. The few that originally said 1 seemed to have switched over.

irvineboy said:
Anyone get pricing yet?  Rumor is it was released today for phase 1.

For those not on the priority list, the lot premiums for the view lots are 300-350. Their priority prequalified list was bigger than I thought.

View Lots
74- 2.105m
75- 2.16m
76- 2.12m

The view lot premiums are on the higher end of the 15-20% of purchase price premiums. They?ll sell all of those view lots quickly. 

Oh yes. The whole collection will be like their Parkside Estates in HB where there's a priority waiting list from first to last phase with no standing inventory quick move in homes ever really being available

Do you all think that the homes on Coldwater backing into the water basin and orchards will also have a $350k premium? Or is city views usually a LOT more expensive?

If you assume a 1% increase per phase, the homes on Coldwater should be phase 11+.  That's a $200k price increase over the phase 1 homes.  They will be $2m before lot premiums.

Do all builders expect you to make a decision the minute they call you for phase release AND expect the earnest deposit the SAME DAY?  Or is that just how Shea pushes?  I?m curious if Toll Brothers or Lennar or Tri Pointe work the same way?  A home is a big purchase so they should allow you to decide over a couple of days.  Or do all builders work this way?

lovingit said:
Do all builders expect you to make a decision the minute they call you for phase release AND expect the earnest deposit the SAME DAY?  Or is that just how Shea pushes?  I?m curious if Toll Brothers or Lennar or Tri Pointe work the same way?  A home is a big purchase so they should allow you to decide over a couple of days.  Or do all builders work this way?

Depends on the demand. If there's a "wait list" for a site then they will push you to deposit same day without a cooling off period.

irvineboy said:
Do you all think that the homes on Coldwater backing into the water basin and orchards will also have a $350k premium? Or is city views usually a LOT more expensive?

If you assume a 1% increase per phase, the homes on Coldwater should be phase 11+.  That's a $200k price increase over the phase 1 homes.  They will be $2m before lot premiums.

We were wondering this also.  What are everyone?s thoughts who have been to the community?  Would you pay the view premium or a lot premium with no view in a later phase?

When the homes below are built out, will you see the rooftops or are the elevations high enough so you only see skyline views?

shadyoc said:
irvineboy said:

We were wondering this also.  What are everyone?s thoughts who have been to the community?  Would you pay the view premium or a lot premium with no view in a later phase?

When the homes below are built out, will you see the rooftops or are the elevations high enough so you only see skyline views?

Really depends on what your preference is.

Have you been to the site yet? It?s well elevated so once those Palermo homes are built you?ll only see the roofs when you look down.

Dr. CA Real Estate said:
shadyoc said:
irvineboy said:

We were wondering this also.  What are everyone%u2019s thoughts who have been to the community?  Would you pay the view premium or a lot premium with no view in a later phase?

Really depends on what your preference is.

Have you been to the site yet? It%u2019s well elevated so once those Palermo homes are built you%u2019ll only see the roofs when you look down.

Kris - have not had a chance to see them yet.  Would you say the elevation is higher or lower than Trevi to Saviero?  Or more like Capella to Vizenca?

shadyoc said:
Kris - have not had a chance to see them yet.  Would you say the elevation is higher or lower than Trevi to Saviero?  Or more like Capella to Vizenca?

It's more like Capella to Vicenza, but little higher.  Less elevation then Trevi to Saviero.  Once its all done, probably sky line view from the Great Room and patio, but you will see rooftops from 2nd half of the backyard.

Dr. CA Real Estate said:
Getting a lot of questions about upper deck on plan 3

OPT Deck at Master Bedroom. Adds Deck with Exterior
French Door to Master Bedroom. Adds Coach Lights~to match existing elevation lighting. Cannot be~selected with OPT Conservatory. (Available ONLY~at perimeter Lots 3, 6, 9, 12, 14, 34, 62, 64,~70, 72, 75, 83)

For the plan 3 lots not listed above, is the OPT deck completely out of question, even hiring someone to build after?

Movingup said:
Anyone notice most of these lots really has tiny or "no" back yard. Would that be a deal breaker?
I think you will find when the market is slow - expensive homes with no back yards have a hard time moving.  I've noticed a ton over the past year - those smaller lot homes that are in the $1.25-$1.75M range tend to sit where as homes with nicer lots move pretty quickly.  When it has the brand new smell - they will sell either way (lure of brand new) but in resale I think you'll see small lot homes sit more, unless they are really well done and/or priced more aggressively.  Just my 2 cents though (and I'm really anti small lot so have a bias that way). 

Probably goes without saying, that not all large lots are the same, side, slope etc.  What do most people consider a large lot?  20 ft rear setback?  40?  >7k sq ft lot?  Just curious what others think, I agree with Bulls; I'm particularly partial to large lots and really think it's underappreciated how wide the lots on the street are given how many people don't use their garages.  Having 60+ feet between houses has a huge impact vs. 50 ft. 

Bullsback said:
Movingup said:
Anyone notice most of these lots really has tiny or "no" back yard. Would that be a deal breaker?
I think you will find when the market is slow - expensive homes with no back yards have a hard time moving.  I've noticed a ton over the past year - those smaller lot homes that are in the $1.25-$1.75M range tend to sit where as homes with nicer lots move pretty quickly.  When it has the brand new smell - they will sell either way (lure of brand new) but in resale I think you'll see small lot homes sit more, unless they are really well done and/or priced more aggressively.  Just my 2 cents though (and I'm really anti small lot so have a bias that way). 

+1 I think covid has amplified the desire to have a larger yard for many buyers that can afford single family homes.

E said:
Dr. CA Real Estate said:
Getting a lot of questions about upper deck on plan 3

OPT Deck at Master Bedroom. Adds Deck with Exterior
French Door to Master Bedroom. Adds Coach Lights~to match existing elevation lighting. Cannot be~selected with OPT Conservatory. (Available ONLY~at perimeter Lots 3, 6, 9, 12, 14, 34, 62, 64,~70, 72, 75, 83)

For the plan 3 lots not listed above, is the OPT deck completely out of question, even hiring someone to build after?

I would say that most buyers would opt for a conservatory room versus a master bedroom desk. The conservatory room adds additional square feet to the home at a small price per SF and makes the living area more usable. Will people really use the master bedroom desk with a small yard where they are looking at their neighbors?  I can see how the master bedroom desk would be a nice addition for one of the view lot homes though.

Back