Cetara Orchard Hills The Groves Shea Homes

lovingit said:
If you had to estimate, what would you guess the builder increase the prices by per phase?

In the past with higher demand developments pricing would increase roughly 0.50% to 1% per phase release.

Dr. CA Real Estate said:
Place was full of people till closing time

And around every corner was another realturd stalking its prey.

I?m surprised Shea didn?t shoo them all away, but it seemed like they were complicit.

Creepy Kris was the worst... like a child molester on a playground.

They will sell all the view lots in the beginning phases, then sell toward the back.  If they raise prices every subsequent phase, wouldn't the homes on Coldwater with no view cost almost as much as the first phases with views?

irvineboy said:
They will sell all the view lots in the beginning phases, then sell toward the back.  If they raise prices every subsequent phase, wouldn't the homes on Coldwater with no view cost almost as much as the first phases with views?

The pace of the base price increases will be based upon the demand that they see (how many Shea Home Mortgage pre-approved buyers they have on their list) and the pace of the sales of the released homes. Based upon the price per SF of the base prices, I feel that they priced the homes to quickly. The question will be how much they will charge for premium lots (larger lots, view lots, and of course the larger view lots).  Shea homes also charges more for most upgrades and less features are included standard compared to other builders from what I've seen.

irvineboy said:
How much would a conservatory and balcony cost typically?

Not sure about what Shea charges for a balcony but their conservatory room options have been fairly cheap (typically under $100/sf).

USCTrojanCPA said:
irvineboy said:

The pace of the base price increases will be based upon the demand that they see (how many Shea Home Mortgage pre-approved buyers they have on their list) and the pace of the sales of the released homes. Based upon the price per SF of the base prices, I feel that they priced the homes to quickly. The question will be how much they will charge for premium lots (larger lots, view lots, and of course the larger view lots).  Shea homes also charges more for most upgrades and less features are included standard compared to other builders from what I've seen.

So you mean they charge higher for upgrades compared to other builders?  What features are you referring to that they do not offer that is usually standard with other builders?  They have the smart home features but I am sure that is added into the base price of the homes.

irvineboy said:
USCTrojanCPA said:
irvineboy said:

So you mean they charge higher for upgrades compared to other builders?  What features are you referring to that they do not offer that is usually standard with other builders?  They have the smart home features but I am sure that is added into the base price of the homes.

Yes, generally speaking their upgrades are priced higher than other builders like for countertop upgrades, cabinet upgrades, recessed lights, flooring, etc. Some builders offer paint other than white, nicer countertops, soft close hinges for the cabinets, include recessed lights throughout the home, nicer baseboards, etc. Shea has slightly lower base prices (from a price per SF basis) compared to other builders probably because they include less standard items in the base price and charge more for most upgrades. Generally speaking, the design center is a huge profit centers for builders as the upgrade margins are significantly higher than the margin that they make selling a home with no upgrades. That being said, there are upgrades that you'll want to get from the builder (upgraded cabinets, conservatory room option, countertop upgrades, jboxes, data lines/outlets, recessed lights, additional plumbing lines, etc). as it'll keep cheaper and/or more convenient than getting them after the close of escrow.

Dr. CA Real Estate said:
irvineboy said:

I have the price sheet for all the options. The conservatory is 15k. The upper deck is 15k

Thanks.  Is the $15k for the conservatory option the same price regardless of which plan?  Each plan has a slightly different sq footage for the conservatory.

How much are the open riser stairs?
Do you guys think it?s a good option to have over the regular stairs even though it removes the storage area?

For plan 3, How much is it for the glass option in the office?  And is that only possible with the open riser stairs ?

Dr. CA Real Estate said:
irvineboy said:

I have the price sheet for all the options. The conservatory is 15k. The upper deck is 15k

Can you estimate what the cost of roughly all upgrades in model 2 and 3 would be? (Minus things that they would only need to place in model like speakers that connect to office, etc)

Housingbuff said:
Dr. CA Real Estate said:
irvineboy said:

Can you estimate what the cost of roughly all upgrades in model 2 and 3 would be? (Minus things that they would only need to place in model like speakers that connect to office, etc)

I specd around 150-200 on my hypothetical builds.
Models have about 400k in work in them but half of that is non builder options like the wood beams and the big tile wall etc

Saw lots of families with young kids there, but the biggest issue is there?s no park nearby. The area will be packed with 3 developments once all built out, where are the kids gonna play?

Getting a lot of questions about upper deck on plan 3

OPT Deck at Master Bedroom. Adds Deck with Exterior
French Door to Master Bedroom. Adds Coach Lights~to match existing elevation lighting. Cannot be~selected with OPT Conservatory. (Available ONLY~at perimeter Lots 3, 6, 9, 12, 14, 34, 62, 64,~70, 72, 75, 83)

Back