Cambria @ Stonegate Grand Opening on Jan. 26th

maybe the 178 USD HOA cover insurance and maintenance for the building since it is attached, if thats the case then the insurance should also have earthquake insurance covered... if not, and u have to get ur own insurance coverage and pay out of pocket for maintenance, then that doesnt make sense...

what i dont get it is why not save up a little more and go for a detached unit instead (isnt the cheapest san mateos going for about 40-50k more than the highest cambria at 580k?)? i dont understand why IP is building these when there is san mateo right around the corner...

world chaos said:
what i dont get it is why not save up a little more and go for a detached unit instead (isnt the cheapest san mateos going for about 40-50k more than the highest cambria at 580k?)? i dont understand why IP is building these when there is san mateo right around the corner...
$50k is a lot of money for ppl buying at this price range, and likely a deal breaker amount.  Why does TIC build anything that might look like poor value...cuz ppl buy them.  If there wasn't a demand, then these homes would languish on the market and TIC would build something else, but attached homes are cheaper to build and since ppl are buying them, what's the incentive for TIC to offer other products?  You might have disposable income, but for some folks, these kinds of homes are the only way to get into home ownership and while you and I might scratch our head at why someone would buy, others might look at them as their dream home. 

Is the $50k difference in price a higher monthly than the $178/mo for the private HOA?

I don't know if the detached Stonegate homes like San Mateo have an extra HOA but from what I recall, they don't.

world chaos said:

These lower priced, high density units are going to let all the riff raff in. Irvine is going down the shitter.  :)

i dunno much about stonegate... all i did was quickly did a search of homes for sale in stonegate via the villages of irvine website and it said san mateo cheapest starting around low 600k, and the other poster said highest cambria starting at 580k, so i just approximated difference of 50k, so i was not taking HOA at all into account

irvinehomeowner said:
Is the $50k difference in price a higher monthly than the $178/mo for the private HOA?

I don't know if the detached Stonegate homes like San Mateo have an extra HOA but from what I recall, they don't.

ok dream home or no dream home, we are talking 50k on a half a million dollar home (either cambria or san mateo) =_=... thats a little less then 10% for both cambria and san mateo... then lets say we down 20%, 50k is an additional 10k down and 40k on the principal... if 10k is a lot of money, and they are buying a half a million dollar home, something is fundamentally not quite right...

OCgasman said:
world chaos said:
$50k is a lot of money for ppl buying at this price range, and likely a deal breaker amount.  Why does TIC build anything that might look like poor value...cuz ppl buy them.  If there wasn't a demand, then these homes would languish on the market and TIC would build something else, but attached homes are cheaper to build and since ppl are buying them, what's the incentive for TIC to offer other products?  You might have disposable income, but for some folks, these kinds of homes are the only way to get into home ownership and while you and I might scratch our head at why someone would buy, others might look at them as their dream home.

People overextend themselves all the time, especially in Irvine, so their kids can attend IUSD.  How many people do you know that buy/lease a luxury automobile when you know they probably can't afford it.  I know tons.  It's herd mentality and it's normal, doesn't make it right.

world chaos said:
ok dream home or no dream home, we are talking 50k on a half a million dollar home (either cambria or san mateo) =_=... thats a little less then 10% for both cambria and san mateo... then lets say we down 20%, 50k is an additional 10k down and 40k on the principal... if 10k is a lot of money, and they are buying a half a million dollar home, something is fundamentally not quite right...

OCgasman said:
world chaos said:

I just got pricing from final phase of San Mateo

Plan 1 - 607k
Plan 2 - 613k
Plan 3 - 643k

They said some of the lots have a $7500 premium due to the lots being larger.

Compared to cambria

Plan 1 - 517k
Plan 2 - 543k
Plan 3 - 574k

So it's a bit more than $50k diff. I was told cambria hoa includes exterior hazardinsurance, maintencence, holdback for future repairs (roof etc) and administration fee (salaries)

irvinehomeowner said:

It all depends on how the homes were zoned.  SFRs like Maricopa in Stonegate, Las Ventanas in Portola Springs have a single HOA.  Detached condos have a dual HOA.

kubert13 said:
irvinehomeowner said:

It all depends on how the homes were zoned.  SFRs like Maricopa in Stonegate, Las Ventanas in Portola Springs have a single HOA.  Detached condos have a dual HOA.
That used to be true... but I think the detached condos in Stonegate and Laguna Altura only have single.

irvinehomeowner said:
kubert13 said:
irvinehomeowner said:

That used to be true... but I think the detached condos in Stonegate and Laguna Altura only have single.

Then I suppose it's up the the builder, right?  Maybe they factor in the second HOA to the purchase price?

i remember looking at san marcos (detached condo) in stonegate, they only had one HOA... and yeah ur right laguna altura sienna and san remo (detached condos) only have one HOA too, but the laguna altura HOA is significantly more then the stonegate one since the roads and infrastructure are maintained privately and not via uncle sam

this is actually the first time i heard of dual HOA, but if sillyrabbit is right, the extra 180 USD for attached condos actually works out about right if it does includes hazard/earthquake insurance and structural maintenance costs/holdings cause for detached condos these expenses (insurance and maintenance) would be extra out of pocket expenses...

sillyrabbit said:
I just got pricing from final phase of San Mateo

Plan 1 - 607k
Plan 2 - 613k
Plan 3 - 643k

They said some of the lots have a $7500 premium due to the lots being larger.

Compared to cambria

Plan 1 - 517k
Plan 2 - 543k
Plan 3 - 574k

So it's a bit more than $50k diff. I was told cambria hoa includes exterior hazardinsurance, maintencence, holdback for future repairs (roof etc) and administration fee (salaries)

Saw the price list and the plan 2 in San Mateo is 618K. Looks like those are the standard lot.

world chaos said:
i remember looking at san marcos (detached condo) in stonegate, they only had one HOA... and yeah ur right laguna altura sienna and san remo (detached condos) only have one HOA too, but the laguna altura HOA is significantly more then the stonegate one since the roads and infrastructure are maintained privately and not via uncle sam

this is actually the first time i heard of dual HOA, but if sillyrabbit is right, the extra 180 USD for attached condos actually works out about right if it does includes hazard/earthquake insurance and structural maintenance costs/holdings cause for detached condos these expenses (insurance and maintenance) would be extra out of pocket expenses...

i dont think it includes earthquake insurance, anyway i am contracted at Cambria, it is not in an earthquake zone.. but it is in a special flood zone (due to the reservoir.  i dont think that insurance is required though.. we'll see

So You are contracted with Cambria, Is it the first 6 homes or the next 6 homes? ... Jus curious to know whether they started to release the subsequent phases.

I'm in the first six. But the 2nd six are being built to close at the same time. I am not sure why they are waiting to release them. Probably to build up pent up interest since I know they like to do that. Surprised to see they increased it 5k also 1% increase on basically nothing.

irvine123searching said:
@sillyrabbit
  What did you do to be in the first six? Pre-registered before the grand opening?
Oppa FCB Style:

money_suitcase.jpg

irvinehomeowner said:
irvine123searching said:
@sillyrabbit
  What did you do to be in the first six? Pre-registered before the grand opening?
Oppa FCB Style:

money_suitcase.jpg

nope (i have been following this thread for some time)  and cambria since it was announced.

simple diligence and asking a lot of questions. I knew the loan officer since I was already on the list for San Mateo + Santa Maria so I knew the minute the loan application would open up. FYI the loan application opened up sometime early january, and 2 weeks later they had their grand opening (i did not officially register until like jan 28 or so but the important element for getting high on that list was getting pre-qualified.  so yes they did sell all 6 homes prior to the "public grand opening" I submitted in the first five minutes and I still wasn't the first person on that list.

The demand is that intense i suppose. ??? I dont know if you can walk in with a box of cash and get ahead of everyone but I sincerely doubt it.

Back