Calorie Counting App

@SoCal: Whenever they have those samplers at Costco... I always go back for Zebra... whoever thought of white and dark chocolate on popcorn is a genius.

Checking in again  :D

Breakfast - Egg whites, slice of whole wheat toast with almond butter and half of an avocado

Snack - Fage Greek yogurt with a drizzle of honey.

Lunch - 8 oz honey chipotle marinated chicken breast, 2 cups of steamed broccoli and 1/2 cup of brown rice.

Snack - Protein Bar (chocolate chip)

Dinner - Soup Plantation tonight!!!!  :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Homer, you're doing so well that you must be dropping loads of weight. Have you stepped on the scale yet?

My plan for today, in pictures

Breakfast:
images
+
images
Coffee w/ Coffee-Mate creamer, which is the one thing I refuse to give up.

images
+
images
+ Kashi Go Lean single serving cup, which tastes like tree bark. I'd prefer Fat Free milk but my husband thinks it tasted like the cow walked through it, so I have to get at least 1% for everyone else to use. Sometimes I buy my own - Almond Milk. The cereal was quite bad. I cheated and added half a Tbsp of
images

BREAKFAST = 360 CALORIES

Lunch:

images
on a
images
with
images
. Hebrew National 45 calorie hot dog. Love these! So few calories for a dog. Bun and dog = 165. Mustard has no calories.
Side of
images
at approx 80 calories each. I had two. Whoops!

LUNCH =  325

My 3:30 p.m. snack:

images
Baby carrots w/ Ranch Dip

SNACK = 70 calories

For dinner, I am making Pioneer Woman's delicious Pesto Pasta. Recipe here:http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2011/06/pasta-with-pesto-cream-sauce/

pesto-420x279.jpg

I don't have an exact count on this. I'll probably measure out 1 C.

They are having
images
. I am having:
images
- lunchbox sized gala

DINNER = ???
I have to spend time picking apart all the ingredients. Penne = 220. Pesto sauce, I'l say 150. Heaving whipping cream & parmesan = 200. Tomatoes, olive oil, pine nuts. Apple = 70. OMG. I'll just say a whopping 600 calories! But that's okay. No need to panic. If I account for it, I can have it without feeling guilty.

That's about 1,350. I try to keep it around 1,600.

I'll probably throw in one of these. They are new. I bought some last night.

images

Yes, that is frozen Greek yogurt!

It is good at first, but I found it had a very strong metallic after taste. I don't know what that's all about. It comes in a pack of three. I gave the rest to my boys. I was hoping they would eat greek yogurt since this has the same texture as ice cream. One likes it and one doesn't. Next time I will try the vanilla.

DESSERT = 100 calories

I would still have another 100-200 calories to spare. I think the pasta is going to do me in, though. So, I should stop there.

Sounds yummy Socal.. Whats the Grams of fat on the hebrew national dog??

Haven't stepped on a scale, going to weigh myself in a month :)

homer_simpson said:

Hebrew National 97% Fat Free Beef Franks:
Calories: 45
Calories from Fat: 10
Total Fat: 1g
Sat. Fat: 0g
Trans Fat: 0g
Cholest.: 15mg
Total Carb: 2g

Imo, they actually taste better than the rubbery fatty dogs.

SoCal said:
homer_simpson said:

Hebrew National 97% Fat Free Beef Franks:
Calories: 45
Calories from Fat: 10
Total Fat: 1g
Sat. Fat: 0g
Trans Fat: 0g
Cholest.: 15mg
Total Carb: 2g

Imo, they actually taste better than the rubbery fatty dogs.

Gonna run to pick some up later!!

Wow! You guys are outdoing each other while I am struggling to eat well :) anyway, back home before lunch, so saved myself from eating junk. But ate two petite palmiers because I was sleepy and tired!

Breakfast: 3 egg whites, 1 whole egg + coffee with 1% organic milk, Bonita chocolate shake with almond milk mid morning
Lunch: Sweet Kale salad mix from Costco stir fried with 1/5 slab super firm organic tofu and 1/4 cup quinoa + 1/2 cup Fage + 2 petite palmeirs.

Nothing planned for the rest of the day..
Got some good cardio done yesterday, 400 burnt in 35! No change in the scale, and probably none till next week. But..lot of empty hangars in the closet as I move the ones that don't fit any more. A, that includes the olive green I wore when we met last time ;)

irvinehomeowner said:
Cubic Zirconia said:
irvinehomeowner said:
How many times do I have to say it... men don't diet!

Although... no fast food for me today... that's like a miracle.

Haha! Men can still eat whole grains, and healthy food. No?
Yes... but we don't call it "dieting"... we call it "healthy eating" or "sensible food choices"... dieting is for GIRLZZZZ!!!!!

Healthy and sensible eating should be a lifestyle changes. Calorie counting just helps squeeze the water weight once in a while. Good luck :)

Cubic Zirconia said:
.lot of empty hangars in the closet as I move the ones that don't fit any more. A, that includes the olive green I wore when we met last time ;)

Awww, not that one. I love that dress. It was so cute.

I hate to say it, but sometimes I don't want to lose weight because it means not being able to wear what I have. For me, clothes shopping can be such a struggle. It takes so much effort to find a few outfits. I hate starting over!

Cubic Zirconia said:
Homer, started insanity? :)

Whoa!!! How'd you know??  I'm doing a hybrid workout of ball/p90x/insanity/weigh lifting/yoga/swimming LOL.

Insanity workout - For the pure cardio dvd, man o man!! I was dead tired after the warm up... barely finished the workout and I couldn't get up.  My pregnant wife had to kick me out of the bed the next day, sore from head to toe!

I'm going to stop reading this thread... Homer is making me feel fatter and more out of shape than I already am.

Darn young guns... have the time, energy and no injuries to do this stuff... just wait until you have Bart, Lisa and Maggie running around.

irvinehomeowner said:
I'm going to stop reading this thread... Homer is making me feel fatter and more out of shape than I already am.

Darn young guns... have the time, energy and no injuries to do this stuff... just wait until you have Bart, Lisa and Maggie running around.

I'm gonna try to keep it up even with Bart here  :)

irvinehomeowner said:

Uh-hem. CZ has two Lisas and I have two Barts. It's possible, IHO. Eating better will give you energy and take the strain off your injuries.... or your money back!  :)

homer_simpson said:
Cubic Zirconia said:
Homer, started insanity? :)

Whoa!!! How'd you know??  I'm doing a hybrid workout of ball/p90x/insanity/weigh lifting/yoga/swimming LOL.

Insanity workout - For the pure cardio dvd, man o man!! I was dead tired after the warm up... barely finished the workout and I couldn't get up.  My pregnant wife had to kick me out of the bed the next day, sore from head to toe!

You told me!! or rather everybody, a few posts ago :p
That's nice.. I haven't had such a good workout in a while. I think energy levels have gone up now, two hour slow hike hardly tires me. Will try insanity once things calm down at home and I don't have to run to the gym to escape. I used to be out of breath within ten minutes of treadmill walking when I started in May. All I had to do was just leave everything for six years.. good eating, exercising and all that healthy jazz. Homer, don't ever fall into that 'Bart' trap- keep up the good work. It takes years to build endurance, just months to lose it.

A- true. When I had hit certain size, all my clothes were always available in every store, never had to look for the specific size. Costco even had my size jeans on the 'rack'. But these days it's so hard. Replaced half, and then thought I will add more depending on how things progress in the next couple of months. At least till December I am on this eating plan. Might take it a little easy after I return from India. God! The things I would do to fit into that wedding dress :) It seems impossible though.

What's up with the wedding dress? Are you going to renew your vows in it or just a random goal? I assume Mr. CZ will be fitting into his original wedding day attire, as well.  :p You know -- he can only expect you to look like a Victoria's Secret Angel if he looks like a Calvin Klein model.

SoCal said:
What's up with the wedding dress? Are you going to renew your vows in it or just a random goal? I assume Mr. CZ will be fitting into his original wedding day attire, as well.  :p You know -- he can only expect you to look like a Victoria's Secret Angel if he looks like a Calvin Klein model.

Going to mom's place for this wedding anniversary. Long story- I didn't get a good wedding (like I wanted to), but now they are hosting my cousin sister's wedding- much grander and well planned than mine, and very modern too :| threw a tantrum, and parents told me they will throw a huge party for my 15th (actually finishing 14)- so fitting into the wedding dress..

Mr.CZ is following a Homer-isque diet and keeping up with my gym workout.. But he is still very protective about his six pack- rolls them up in a couple of layers of fat! His mother will probably give a lecture on "proper care and feeding of husband(S?)" when we meet though ;-)

Hopefully by December he can catch up!

SoCal said:
irvinehomeowner said:

Uh-hem. CZ has two Lisas and I have two Barts. It's possible, IHO. Eating better will give you energy and take the strain off your injuries.... or your money back!  :)
I don't know about you guys but when school starts... no time for anything once we get home from work... dinner, homework, bath, some play... and then it's tough to go and workout after that... hence basketball only weekends early morning.

I totally agree with you. That's why I find it easier to cut back on consumption rather than to burn the extra calories through exercise. Fact: It's easier to do nothing than something.  :) I usually run a 500+ calorie deficit per day just living a normal life. I could never find the time or energy to burn 500 calories at the gym every day. It's so much easier just to do nothing. There is nothing to schedule, get up early or stay up late for. In fact, sleeping more helps me cut back on consumption even more easily, so it's a good thing. But, more power to the people who are motivated to sweat it out every day.

SoCal said:
I totally agree with you. That's why I find it easier to cut back on consumption rather than to burn the extra calories through exercise. Fact: It's easier to do nothing than something.  :) I usually run a 500+ calorie deficit per day just living a normal life. I could never find the time or energy to burn 500 calories at the gym every day. It's so much easier just to do nothing. There is nothing to schedule, get up early or stay up late for. In fact, sleeping more helps me cut back on consumption even more easily, so it's a good thing. But, more power to the people who are motivated to sweat it out every day.

from just a caloric intake this is true, however, the person who runs/workouts would probably generally be healthier due to the workouts.

Back