Calorie Counting App

Regarding the above, it is also a fun way to see how much you will lose in a day / week / month. I can correctly predict my future weight simply by doing the math.

Weight x 10 = Calories burned by us daily.

Calories burned by us daily - Calories consumed = Our Calorie Deficit

Calorie Deficit over 3,500 (calories in a pound) = # of lbs. burned!

This is why weight loss slows as you lose. Your deficit become smaller and smaller unless you reduce your caloric intake along with it.

So the weekend went pretty well with only one splurge and that was on some mixed fruit tapioca drink.

Today's menu:

Breakfast: Whey Protein Shake with berries

Snack: Hand full of Almonds

Lunch: 6oz of Chicken Breast marinated with Honey Chipotle (From Costco) and a side of steamed broccoli/cauliflower

Snack2: Protein Bar (Peanut Butter Flavored)

Dinner: 6oz of Grilled Salmon with Teriyaki sauce and a side of brown rice and mix veggies.

This should be right around 1950 Calories.  Going to play some ball tonight and burn some off that off.  ;)

You have amazing willpower, Homer. Kudos to you for planning out your meals. Do you and Marge eat the same dinner together?

It's been 1 week and I'm down 3.5 pounds.

I came face-to-face with a cheating opportunity yesterday. We went to BJ's Brewery in the Irvine Marketplace for lunch. This is one of my favorite joints. Everything is so good there. It's hard to be good! I normally don't order a "drink"-drink, but I've had their Irish Root Beer before and couldn't pass it up again. Besides... I told myself... alcohol doesn't add that many calories. No. But the root beer does! It has: "Jameson Irish Whiskey, Baileys Irish Cream, Butterscotch Schnapps and BJ?s Handcrafted Root Beer." I couldn't find the calories for the drink itself, so I rounded it up on my phone to 2 cans of root beer (eeeks!) for calories. Sometimes when the info is lacking, I just have to do a rough count and do a conservative estimate. I got the avocado egg rolls with tamarind sauce (an appetizer) instead of a meal but it wasn't as good as I remember so I only ate half. A good side effect happens when I'm working hard on it the rest of the week. When I let myself eat whatever I want, I just don't crave it and get full quickly. So, there isn't much over-indulgence. By the end of the night, though, I did end up eating more calories than I burned -- a surplus!

Today, I am back on track. Forgetting yesterday happened and starting anew. Today's deficit alone will undo yesterday's numbers. The numbers will be in my favor for more loss by the end of the week.

CZ - how are you doing?

IHO, how about you?

Socal- Marge usually wants something completely different for Dinner from me (especially now with her strange cravings).  I usually make Pasta Salad and leave it in the fridge for a day or two for her so she can snack on it when she gets home from work.  Lately she's been on a BBQ diet, burgers, ribs, sausage links etc so I have been using that "Man Grill" PS9 recommended.  Her taste buds change daily so I try to prepare things for her ad hoc upon request.

Just trying to get back down to about 10% body fat so my abs can come back from hibernation.  :(

SoCal said:
You have amazing willpower, Homer. Kudos to you for planning out your meals. Do you and Marge eat the same dinner together?

It's been 1 week and I'm down 3.5 pounds.

I came face-to-face with a cheating opportunity yesterday. We went to BJ's Brewery in the Irvine Marketplace for lunch. This is one of my favorite joints. Everything is so good there. It's hard to be good! I normally don't order a "drink"-drink, but I've had their Irish Root Beer before and couldn't pass it up again. Besides... I told myself... alcohol doesn't add that many calories. No. But the root beer does! It has: "Jameson Irish Whiskey, Baileys Irish Cream, Butterscotch Schnapps and BJ?s Handcrafted Root Beer." I couldn't find the calories for the drink itself, so I rounded it up on my phone to 2 cans of root beer (eeeks!) for calories. Sometimes when the info is lacking, I just have to do a rough count and do a conservative estimate. I got the avocado egg rolls with tamarind sauce (an appetizer) instead of a meal but it wasn't as good as I remember so I only ate half. A good side effect happens when I'm working hard on it the rest of the week. When I let myself eat whatever I want, I just don't crave it and get full quickly. So, there isn't much over-indulgence. By the end of the night, though, I did end up eating more calories than I burned -- a surplus!

Today, I am back on track. Forgetting yesterday happened and starting anew. Today's deficit alone will undo yesterday's numbers. The numbers will be in my favor for more loss by the end of the week.

CZ - how are you doing?

IHO, how about you?

That Irish Root Beer does sound good after a long day in the office.  ;)

Awww! You cook for Marge. That's so sweet.

Mr. SoCal knows how to cook two things  ;): minute rice and Hamburger Helper, i.e. "bachelor food". It's what he lived off of for ten years before I came along.  :eek:

I woke up early in the morning and made everyone cinnamon rolls with frosting with fried eggs on the side. I had oatmeal and an egg cooked in cooking spray. I may or may not have licked the frosting spoon. The calories don't count if you eat it standing up in the kitchen. Little-known fact!

CZ - hot chocolate is a good way to not let the chocolate cravings torture ourselves. I like the pre-measured packets of Nestle cocoa. It's 80 calories and no measuring or cheating. Sometimes, I put it in a large mug of water - twice as much as intended to trick myself.

SoCal said:
I woke up early in the morning and made everyone cinnamon rolls with frosting with fried eggs on the side. I had oatmeal and an egg cooked in cooking spray. I may or may not have licked the frosting spoon. The calories don't count if you eat it standing up in the kitchen. Little-known fact!

CZ - hot chocolate is a good way to not let the chocolate cravings torture ourselves. I like the pre-measured packets of Nestle cocoa. It's 80 calories and no measuring or cheating. Sometimes, I put it in a large mug of water - twice as much as intended to trick myself.

How do you prepare your oatmeal?  Steel cut?

Ahem.. Both you didn't give the beginning BMI/ body fat.. I will declare me the winner and eat a Bundt if you guys don't update soon ;)

Terrible day, didn't get ten minutes to make something fresh. Except for a caramel Machiato I had to have on the road, clean! Orowheat 10 grain bread with PB, proteinated coffee for breakfast. Pure protein bar and sbux fix for lunch. Came home, ate chunky guacamole I got from Costco - YUM!

Need to up protein and lower carbs for rest of the day.
Cardio tonight, and big salad with protein.. Will use that ae, Brussels sprouts, cabbage mix from Costco.

Anyone trying Jillian's shred, or insanity, or p90?

Nestl? cocoa has carbs and sugar..I use protein powders with chocolate flavor. For hot chocolate cravings it's good old ovaltine.

Kids started school today?

Cubic Zirconia said:
Nestl? cocoa has carbs and sugar..I use protein powders with chocolate flavor. For hot chocolate cravings it's good old ovaltine.

Kids started school today?

All the protein powders except for two brands - Jay Robb and Biggest Loser - have artificial sweeteners. Jay Robb and B.L. are sweetened with stevia. (Careful - the raspberry & blueberry B.L. DO contain artificial sweeteners in lieu of stevia!) My preference is to choose sugar in smaller quantities over artificial sweetener in larger quantities. Or, in the case of protein powder - stevia over artificial sweeteners. I can't stand Jay Robb -- nasty stuff but the B.L. brand is good and contains fiber, which is great. However, 1 scoop of powder is only 30 calories less than 2 Tbsps of drink mix. That's a fairly small difference especially for chocolate.  :)

School starts next week. I'll have confetti in my hair on Thursday.  :)

Cubic Zirconia said:
Ahem.. Both you didn't give the beginning BMI/ body fat.. I will declare me the winner and eat a Bundt if you guys don't update soon ;)

Terrible day, didn't get ten minutes to make something fresh. Except for a caramel Machiato I had to have on the road, clean! Orowheat 10 grain bread with PB, proteinated coffee for breakfast. Pure protein bar and sbux fix for lunch. Came home, ate chunky guacamole I got from Costco - YUM!

Need to up protein and lower carbs for rest of the day.
Cardio tonight, and big salad with protein.. Will use that ae, Brussels sprouts, cabbage mix from Costco.

Anyone trying Jillian's shred, or insanity, or p90?

I did P90X when I was up north and lost a good amount of weight and was "shredded".  I need to find my old disc and pop it in!! Thanks for the reminder CZ!

Oh btw, here's a pic of my BMI.
9F00E7F6-BF86-4F79-9B8F-8A17703F75CA-1724-00000161C1074B09.jpg

Suddenly CZ realizes its uncool to check BMI online and heads over to Amazon to get the gizmo :)
I will lose some more via cardio and try some shredding program. A, Nestle doesn't provide any protein. ON protein powders provide 24gms at least.. since I am a vegetarian, can't rely on proper food for the protein.

Cubic Zirconia said:
Suddenly CZ realizes its uncool to check BMI online and heads over to Amazon to get the gizmo :)
I will lose some more via cardio and try some shredding program. A, Nestle doesn't provide any protein. ON protein powders provide 24gms at least.. since I am a vegetarian, can't rely on proper food for the protein.

I guess Tofu and Beans are your only source?  :p

I don't have the guts to post my weight or BMI since I may bump into any of you in real life one day, but as I mentioned earlier, I'm willing to post the difference if that's o.k. with everyone. I promise to be honest with the numbers.

As of today: 0.44 drop in BMI. I'll take it!

How's everyones diet going today??

I'll be having the same lunch but for dinner I'll be having grilled Salmon with mixed veggies.  Breakfast will be Fage Greek yogurt with a drizzle of honey  8)

homer_simpson said:
How's everyones diet going today??

I'll be having the same lunch but for dinner I'll be having grilled Salmon with mixed veggies.  Breakfast will be Fage Greek yogurt with a drizzle of honey  8)

Have you seen the packages with the honey cup on the side? You bend the package and flip over the cup into the yogurt. I like those.

I bought some Chobani Champions for the first time last week. I'm trying to get my boys to eat Greek yogurt but they hate it, so I had hope for this. I tried it and noticed the texture is different. It's not thick. It's light and fluffy, almost whipped. They still won't eat it because it tastes sour / pungent as Greek yogurt does. So, I ended up eating them. I do like them and will buy more for myself. They are smaller cups than normal size greek yogurt. I bought the honey version and it was 100 calories. I believe the 0% honey I normally buy was like 140.

homer_simpson said:
SoCal said:

How do you prepare your oatmeal?  Steel cut?

Steel cut is recently popular whereas rolled oats are more traditionally American and what myself and most American "English" kids grew up eating, so that's what I buy. (In fact, steel cut is referred to as Irish Oats.) I keep a lot of different kinds of hand: Old-Fashioned (for when I make oatmeal overnight in my slow cooker. I'm a slow cooker addict), Quick-Cooking (for baking), and Instant (for breakfast). I hadn't tried steel cut until I was an adult. It's quite different but I would consider using it for the overnight slow cooked oatmeal as it can probably withstand the duration. I also like to buy the "fruit and cream" instant because it is cheat-proof. With other oatmeal you need to add milk and honey or sugar. With fruit & cream, it is complete buy itself so it's easy to tabulate calories. However, I eat more Malt-O-Meal than I do oatmeal. I'm a huge Malt-O-Meal fan. Maybe Marge would like M.O.M. One serving has 100% of the daily folic acid a person needs. I ate a lot of it when I was preggie. Folic acid prevents neural tube defects in the baby. But, I ate it all my life. Nothing tastes as good as Malt-O-Meal!!!  :-* I do doctor it with honey, syrup or brown sugar, and milk, but I account for it. It's low in calories and sticks to your rubs.

Back