Calorie Counting App

SoCal said:
homer_simpson said:
How's everyones diet going today??

I'll be having the same lunch but for dinner I'll be having grilled Salmon with mixed veggies.  Breakfast will be Fage Greek yogurt with a drizzle of honey  8)

Have you seen the packages with the honey cup on the side? You bend the package and flip over the cup into the yogurt. I like those.

I bought some Chobani Champions for the first time last week. I'm trying to get my boys to eat Greek yogurt but they hate it, so I had hope for this. I tried it and noticed the texture is different. It's not thick. It's light and fluffy, almost whipped. They still won't eat it because it tastes sour / pungent as Greek yogurt does. So, I ended up eating them. I do like them and will buy more for myself. They are smaller cups than normal size greek yogurt. I bought the honey version and it was 100 calories. I believe the 0% honey I normally buy was like 140.

Gotta becareful with all the packages on the side... You'll be suprised how much sugars are in those tiny things.

irvinehomeowner said:
@SoCal: Do you see John Stamos when you eat that Greek yogurt?

(maybe I should ask Homer that :) )

When I see you again on the courts IHO, remind me about this post!  :'(

irvinehomeowner said:

john-stamos-oikos-greek-yogurt.png

homer_simpson said:
Gotta becareful with all the packages on the side... You'll be suprised how much sugars are in those tiny things.

So true. That's why I like counting calories, though. You can eat anything you want as long as you stay in range. I save up calories for something I really want and cut back in other places.

I don't know where people get the willpower to do low-carb. I've tried low carb in the past. It ended up with me on Day 3 frantically running out to the garage freezer, trembling from low blood sugar, ripping open a box of frozen waffles, all mangled like a pack of wild animals tore into it, and glugging syrup while calling my husband at work, sobbing, "I'm going to eat these. I'm going to do it!! Are you disappointed in me?  :'("

:-\ I haven't had a day like that since I switched to low cal, thank God. Now, he's no longer afraid of me.  :D

irvinehomeowner said:

I do eat Greek yogurt, but haven't been blessed with visions of John Stamos. Is this a commercial or something?

Good day so far..
Morning - Whole Wheat Bread with peanut butter + Protein shake.
Mid-morning- Pure Protein Chocolate Chip
Lunch- Stir Fry vegetables + Beefless Beef + Hemp
Late afternoon.. will see how things go. Almonds..
Dinner- Quinoa + Veggies + Sprouted Mung

That's the plan. Sometimes I see kids eating something delish and I start grabbing a bite(s). I made coconut cookies- not much carb in it, but plentiful of fat if I eat more than two :)

Homer- I try to avoid Tofu, but yes, protein is mostly from beans. Lentils, Black Beans, Sprouted Mung, Fake meats made from soy..
A- To eat low carb might be hard, but try slow carb, or even go whole grain?
Fage is my favorite! Fage with Kashi Go lean, Fage with saffron and honey, Fage with diced cucumbers and chopped(?) peanuts.. Fage with brown rice (OK, that's an Indian thing!)

SoCal said:
Cubic Zirconia said:
Ahem.. Both you didn't give the beginning BMI/ body fat..

What's your weight and BMI again?  :)

Dig deeper for the old numbers or stay here for updated information :)
I think I don't have to lose much at this point. Just need to get them arms to shrink. I have to wear that wedding dress. Have to, have to! It will be an insult not to. Body fat 18%, and BMI 23.7

SoCal said:
irvinehomeowner said:

I do eat Greek yogurt, but haven't been blessed with visions of John Stamos. Is this a commercial or something?
You haven't seen the John Stamos Oikos commercials? There is one where a girl headbutts John Stamos for the yogurt but this latest one is so hilarious:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZddRRUEUck[/youtube]

How's everyones diet today?? I'm going to make this a routine and check in everyday so I won't slip up!

Breakfast - 2 whole eggs and 4 egg whites scrambled with a side of sliced sweet potato.

Snack - 17 Pistachios

Lunch - 2 low carb wheat tortillas, ground turkey and half of an avocado. 

Snack - Protein Bar (Double Chocolate)

Dinner - Grilled 8oz Ribeye steak with a side of brown rice and grilled veggies.

After workout snack - Protein Shake with berries.

Eggs, almonds, Fage, Protein bar, special peanut butter cookie I made with trader darwin's soy protein..and of course whole wheat bread.
Sauteed veggies with lunch and dinner. I think I am good today. Tomorrow will be dicey- on the road. Will need that caramel thingie to stay awake.

irvinehomeowner said:
How many times do I have to say it... men don't diet!

Although... no fast food for me today... that's like a miracle.

Haha! Men can still eat whole grains, and healthy food. No?

I like how you count the pistachios, Homer.  :) Same here. I count out the serving size.

Everything is going well. I'm a carb fiend and enjoying lots of them! ;) I'm eating cheddar popcorn from Costco as I type.  Still staying in range, though. Still logging everything into my phone and still losing weight.

Btw, these Costco popcorn packs are to die for. They have caramel corn, Zebra with white & dark choc., kettle corn, and cheddar. Eat your hearts out, low carbers!  :p More for me!

Fellow Costco addict friends, you have to buy some. This pic isn't exactly what I got. It was more  like a 10 pack.

526991-847__1.jpg

Popcornopolis at Costco

Not for another year! We bought one last year, and it IS yummy, but R1's braces had issues.. so not buying till her braces are off. The Herbst first broke with that caramel popcorn :) My carb count for the day is hardly a hundred!

SoCal said:
I like how you count the pistachios, Homer.  :) Same here. I count out the serving size.

Everything is going well. I'm a carb fiend and enjoying lots of them! ;) I'm eating cheddar popcorn from Costco as I type.  Still staying in range, though. Still logging everything into my phone and still losing weight.

Btw, these Costco popcorn packs are to die for. They have caramel corn, Zebra with white & dark choc., kettle corn, and cheddar. Eat your hearts out, low carbers!  :p More for me!

Fellow Costco addict friends, you have to buy some. This pic isn't exactly what I got. It was more  like a 10 pack.

526991-847__1.jpg

Popcornopolis at Costco

My sister bought me some from Costco.  Came home and I see Marge devouring them.. I had one piece of the caramel one and it was gone!

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/08/30/science/low-calorie-diet-doesnt-prolong-life-study-of-monkeys-finds.html?_r=1&smid=fb-share

Cubic Zirconia said:
irvinehomeowner said:
How many times do I have to say it... men don't diet!

Although... no fast food for me today... that's like a miracle.

Haha! Men can still eat whole grains, and healthy food. No?
Yes... but we don't call it "dieting"... we call it "healthy eating" or "sensible food choices"... dieting is for GIRLZZZZ!!!!!

Back