Buffets

Happiness said:
WTTCHMN said:
aquabliss said:
How much does the Tap's brunch cost?  I saw this coupon  for $15 off per person, and you can use 4 per table...!

212e0wo.png

If you want to print it from the source, go here:http://www.shopirvinecompany.com/special-offers/#/?center=12772

Search for "Taps" in the search field, and it will come right up.

Read the fine print, Ronald.  It's not $15 off per person, only $7.50

1 coupon per every 2 guests.
I wouldn't be so hard on Ronnie, the coupon is deceptive.  They could have just said $7.50 off instead of $15 off per two people.

Even more deceptive is paying full price and no strawberries for you.

ps9 said:
Lucky duck, wish they provided free babysitting while I eat :)

I'm going to take my dad there.  After 3 days of eating turkey, I think the lobster and crab legs are going to hit the spot. 

Enjoy, do me a favor, when you hit that wall.....eat another lobster tail for ps9 and post a pic here :)

I'll be in Vegas in Dec, but doubt I'll be eating here...can't wait for Raku

ps9 said:
Enjoy, do me a favor, when you hit that wall.....eat another lobster tail for ps9 and post a pic here :)

I'll be in Vegas in Dec, but doubt I'll be eating here...can't wait for Raku

I wonder if there's such a thing like lobster/crab sweats....guess I'll find out.  haha

House_Hunting said:

Cool I'll put that on my to eat list next time I'm in the area.  I did try the dim sum brunch at the Langham in Pasadena recently:
https://www.yelp.com/biz/the-terrace-pasadena

$58/person, not bad but not worth the price.  Peking duck was so so, and the rest of the items didn't justify the price.  Nice to bring out of towners I guess. 

Didn't know they were HK owned.  And the Langham in HK has one of the few Chinese Michelin starred restaurants.  That's around $600/person and it's not AYCE.

ps9 said:
House_Hunting said:

Cool I'll put that on my to eat list next time I'm in the area.  I did try the dim sum brunch at the Langham in Pasadena recently:
https://www.yelp.com/biz/the-terrace-pasadena

$58/person, not bad but not worth the price.  Peking duck was so so, and the rest of the items didn't justify the price.  Nice to bring out of towners I guess. 

Didn't know they were HK owned.  And the Langham in HK has one of the few Chinese Michelin starred restaurants.  That's around $600/person and it's not AYCE.

If you go make sure its the dinner buffet. Breakfast and lunch buffet is different menu.

I ventured into the ghettos of Tustin last night and proceeded into Costco (11.02.2016)
The taps gift card is back!
$80 bucks for $100.

It probably has a limit as it disappeared for a year last time.

After quickly paying the cashier, I rushed back to the safety of my Irvine neighborhood...whew, so glad I made it out of there w/o getting robbed.

F*ck Taps buffet.  I was at the dessert station 30 minutes before the end of the buffet and the manager refused to refill the empty strawberry bowl. 

zubs said:
I ventured into the ghettos of Tustin last night and proceeded into Costco (11.02.2016)
The taps gift card is back!
$80 bucks for $100.

It probably has a limit as it disappeared for a year last time.

After quickly paying the cashier, I rushed back to the safety of my Irvine neighborhood...whew, so glad I made it out of there w/o getting robbed.

Is this the one without rotisserie chicken and gas? That's why I never step into that Costco....

jumpinjacks said:
Is this the one without rotisserie chicken and gas? That's why I never step into that Costco....
Gas isn't a deciding factor for me.  Just about every time I drive by the District one, it looks like there's 40 cars.  It's frustrating having to wait behind 40 cars to save $1 total.  And then you just happen to magically pick that damn line with slow idiots who don't know how to pump gas, while you see all the people who came in after you already at the pumps because they picked a better line.  Not worth the $1.

That said, I do think the District Costco is better.

spootieho said:
jumpinjacks said:
Gas isn't a deciding factor for me.  Just about every time I drive by the District one, it looks like there's 40 cars.  It's frustrating having to wait behind 40 cars to save $1 total.  And then you just happen to magically pick that damn line with slow idiots who don't know how to pump gas, while you see all the people who came in after you already at the pumps because they picked a better line.  Not worth the $1.

That said, I do think the District Costco is better.

For you guys closer to stonegate/Portola, I definitely recommend the one on Technology more for gas.  I spend about 5-10 mins less waiting vs the district one.  The savings I agree isn't as much as before vs chevon/shell, but it's still around $.20-.30 cheaper...so assuming 10 gallons, you save around $2-$3 which I agree isn't that much savings.  Especially when I have a heavy foot on my M3 LOL

I just make a weekly trip to Costco when I feel like having some good ol' pizza or polish hot dog as a combo  8)

Hey, this is buffet thread not a Costco one!

I saw there were new posts and I thought there was some new buffet that opened up.

:)

It's about saving money at Taps..which has a Sunday brunch which doesn't replenish strawberries 30 minutes to closing.

Back