Buffets

ps9 said:
caught this couple posing for pics DURING mass.  I snapped off a spy shot from where I was sitting, couldn't resist after reading all the rant against rude Mainland Chinese.  Of course I can't 100% confirm the ethnicity of the couple, but pretty sure only mainlanders are ballsy enough to do this during mass in front of the eucharist

B8F935F8-F8D7-49D7-B772-230A8AB89B96_zpsoec0hpuw.jpg

Bonus points to those who can name the church!

Ps9 is Catholic?

x.x  flashbacks from trip to Paris

Tourists chucking coins into the holy water basin at Notre Dame de Paris like a wishing well

Tourists resting their arms and elbows on statues to steady their SLR camera shots at the The Louvre, with museum minders yelling "do not touch!  do not touch!"

Things are way better in (insert your city of residence), America:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=klxSynk-b8k

Just bought the Vizio 58" 4K Ultra HDTV from Costco yesterday for $700 for my in-law's and didn't have to fight anyone for it.  ;p

I just got back from a spring break trip to Las Vegas and the Hoover Dam. Saw a few eyebrow-raising things at the buffet. Good Lord, people. Is it really necessary to take a behemoth mountain of crab legs all at once? It just looked absolutely ridiculous. Not to mention, you've got to feel sorry for the guy in line behind them as they probably emptied the entire buffet tray of its contents. It's almost like they forgot that you're allowed another plate and can go back for more.

I think the Vizio 55" 1080p from Costco for $399 is a better buy. At 55" you really can't tell  the difference between 1080p and 4k.

Can't believe ps9 went to Europe with everything that's going on... but probably booked it before all this stuff.

irvinehomeowner said:
I think the Vizio 55" 1080p from Costco for $399 is a better buy. At 55" you really can't tell  the difference between 1080p and 4k.
Can't believe ps9 went to Europe with everything that's going on... but probably booked it before all this stuff.

Ah, didn't see the 55" for $400.  The in-law's wanted 60" TV but was happy with the 58" + 3rd gen Apple TV.  Now they can just airplay videos from ipad to TV.

momopi said:
irvinehomeowner said:

Ah, didn't see the 55" for $400.  The in-law's wanted 60" TV but was happy with the 58" + 3rd gen Apple TV.  Now they can just airplay videos from ipad to TV.
Correction, it wasn't a Vizio, it was a TCL but it had built-in Roku smart apps so you wouldn't need the Apple TV (unless they only wanted AirPlay).

Where ever the locusts preyed the community loses prestige and brand perception. Prestigious social  clubs in London forbid members wearing Burberry and carrying LV bags.

irvinehomeowner said:
SoCal said:
Is this place new? I've never heard of it let alone seen it. Then again, I don't get out much.
It's been open a while, it's really a fish house and brewery:
http://www.tapsfishhouse.com/

AKA... high end bar.

The buffet is only Sunday brunch (they use the bar area to put out all the food).

TAPS must be pretty popular. I had planned on making reservations for Father's Day. Mr. SoCal loves a good brewery. I got super busy with it being the end of the school year. I went to book a reservation through Open Table, which I love that they use, about a week and a half ahead of time. NOOOO tables available. I checked back a few times in case there were any cancellations. Nothing. Not a single one. Well, good to know for next time. I plan to try again on a less busy day coming up.

jczmum said:
get there early when everything is hot and fresh!
Get there early or you won't get any food.  The cheap bastards who run Taps buffet stop putting out more food an hour before the buffet ends.  This might be expected at the $5.99 pizza buffet, but not at a $37.99 "seafood" buffet.  I got there at around 1 pm and was waiting until the end of my meal before hitting up the desserts and when I got to the dessert station 30 minutes before the buffet ended, the strawberry bowl was empty and the manager refused to refill it despite the buffet not being over yet.

Happiness said:
jczmum said:
Get there early or you won't get any food.  The cheap bastards who run Taps buffet stop putting out more food an hour before the buffet ends.  This might be expected at the $5.99 pizza buffet, but not at a $37.99 "seafood" buffet.  I got there at around 1 pm and was waiting until the end of my meal before hitting up the desserts and when I got to the dessert station 30 minutes before the buffet ended, the strawberry bowl was empty and the manager refused to refill it despite the buffet not being over yet.

Since he refused to fulfill his obligation, you should (in turn) refuse to fulfill yours.

Happiness said:
jczmum said:

FCB locusts beat you to the strawberry bowl?

WTTCHMN said:
Happiness said:
jczmum said:

FCB locusts beat you to the strawberry bowl?
That's very possible.  You just painted a nauseating thought in my head: just imagine all of the ways an FCB can violate a chocolate fountain.

Yeah, I had been thinking about purposely avoiding the buffet by going when you can just order off the regular lunch / dinner menu. No amount of chocolate waterfall is worth a brawl over the last remaining shrimp and feeling like you were ripped off. 

WTTCHMN said:
aquabliss said:
How much does the Tap's brunch cost?  I saw this coupon  for $15 off per person, and you can use 4 per table...!

212e0wo.png

If you want to print it from the source, go here:http://www.shopirvinecompany.com/special-offers/#/?center=12772

Search for "Taps" in the search field, and it will come right up.

Read the fine print, Ronald.  It's not $15 off per person, only $7.50

1 coupon per every 2 guests.
I wouldn't be so hard on Ronnie, the coupon is deceptive.  They could have just said $7.50 off instead of $15 off per two people.

Back