Buffets

zubs said:
I was at costco on 02.25.2016 and there were no TAPS gift cards in the gift card area.  Perhaps it's been discontinued.
I don't know, but I've noticed that different Costcos have different stuff.  Might want to try a different Costco.

This was at the Tustin Costco.  I've bought the cards there before.  Perhaps it'll return.  If I find it at another Costco I'll tell ya.

irvinehomeshopper said:
Now you know that I don't frequent this site regularly. I kicked my addiction a while ago.

ahhhh... but TI is like crack.  Just one last hit.

One last.

I promise i won't come back.

Right PatStar?

Mainland Chinese are like locusts.  Individually, they often lack social graces but are fairly innocuous.  When enough of them gather, however, they morph into a single terrifying organism and anyone who dares to not give into their demands, no matter how outrageous, will be decimated under a withering assault.  If one mainlander cuts in front of you in line, you can probably safely ask her to go to the end of the line.  If three or more mainlanders cut in front of you, just quietly back off if you value your life and sanity.

Happiness said:
Mainland Chinese are like locusts.  Individually, they often lack social graces but are fairly innocuous.  When enough of them gather, however, they morph into a single terrifying organism and anyone who dares to not give into their demands, no matter how outrageous, will be decimated under a withering assault.  If one mainlander cuts in front of you in line, you can probably safely ask her to go to the end of the line.  If three or more mainlanders cut in front of you, just quietly back off if you value your life and sanity.

That's one of my biggest annoyances with them.  There's a line and they walk past it like they don't even see it and then crowd the front of the line.  Not sure if they are stupid or just playing stupid. Apparently lines don't exist in China or something.

spootieho said:
Happiness said:

That's one of my biggest annoyances with them.  There's a line and they walk past it like they don't even see it and then crowd the front of the line.  Not sure if they are stupid or just playing stupid. Apparently lines don't exist in China or something.

Well according to them, if there's gap in the line, it's fair game. Why do you think they leave no spaces in between each others while in line? :)

shanghai-tourism-october-holiday----China-Photos_Getty-Images--main.jpg

caught this couple posing for pics DURING mass.  I snapped off a spy shot from where I was sitting, couldn't resist after reading all the rant against rude Mainland Chinese.  Of course I can't 100% confirm the ethnicity of the couple, but pretty sure only mainlanders are ballsy enough to do this during mass in front of the eucharist

B8F935F8-F8D7-49D7-B772-230A8AB89B96_zpsoec0hpuw.jpg

Bonus points to those who can name the church!

ps9 said:
caught this couple posing for pics DURING mass.  I snapped off a spy shot from where I was sitting, couldn't resist after reading all the rant against rude Mainland Chinese.  Of course I can't 100% confirm the ethnicity of the couple, but pretty sure only mainlanders are ballsy enough to do this during mass in front of the eucharist

B8F935F8-F8D7-49D7-B772-230A8AB89B96_zpsoec0hpuw.jpg

Bonus points to those who can name the church!

You're in Paris for Spring Break?

WTTCHMN said:
ps9 said:
Somebody knows their Catholic Churches!

You should also see Sainte-Chapelle if you have the chance.

Line was too long and looks to be a lot more strict than other places.  Security checkpoints guards were uniformed police?  Had semi automatics with them.  I guess there is a law court next to it.  And the police station is across the street. 

Ready2Downsize said:
Notre Dame Cathedral?

You're right but I think WTT beat you to it.  I just don't get some of these tourists.  You can't just walk everywhere.  How would they feel if I walk into their place of worship (do they even have one?) during service and start snapping photos and posing?

Back