Black Friday and Cyber Monday Deals

Compressed-Village said:
What?s on your BF list this year? I was thinking of IPad 6 Gen 128 GB for $279.00 from Costco. Bought 3 before and my kids broke all three. I got the fire tablet and broke 4 times. Each time Amazon replaced for free. No chance for Apple to do that, but the apps is better with iOS. And Arlo 3 camera set also at Costco. I am sure as it get closer I will want more stuffs.

Link to the iPad deal?

paperboyNC said:
Compressed-Village said:
What?s on your BF list this year? I was thinking of IPad 6 Gen 128 GB for $279.00 from Costco. Bought 3 before and my kids broke all three. I got the fire tablet and broke 4 times. Each time Amazon replaced for free. No chance for Apple to do that, but the apps is better with iOS. And Arlo 3 camera set also at Costco. I am sure as it get closer I will want more stuffs.

Link to the iPad deal?

Not live yet:https://www.cnet.com/news/costco-black-friday-ad-hits-here-are-the-12-best-deals-7/

irvinehomeowner said:
There?s not really much I need.

I always *want* a bigger TV and a thinner notebook.

I've been waiting for the LG OLEDs to drop in price, the 77 is down to $5k pretty consistently now for the past month or 2.  Supposedly the LG factory for their larger TVs will be up and running next year so most likely we'll see a larger price drop end of next year if you can wait.  Or buy now and buy again next year  :)

irvinehomeowner said:
Maybe I'll settle for a 65". Those are cheap now... I think less than $800 for different brands.

Think the best budget 65 is the TCL 6 series, can be had for $900, the older TCLs are definitely cheaper.  rtings . com for reviews or avsforums if you want to go down the TV rabbit hole.

I actually don't have good enough eyes to determine if there is proper saturation, fast refresh rate, etc... I just go for the biggest TV with the lowest price that is a brand name I recognize (and has smart features so I don't need a Chromecast/Roku/AppleTV/AmazonFireTV to stream).

irvinehomeowner said:
I actually don't have good enough eyes to determine if there is proper saturation, fast refresh rate, etc... I just go for the biggest TV with the lowest price that is a brand name I recognize (and has smart features so I don't need a Chromecast/Roku/AppleTV/AmazonFireTV to stream).

If that's the case just throw on an alert on Slickdeals for 4k and you'll find some 70inches for $900/1000.  Think I've seen some 80's for relatively cheap too, I'm sure there will be some deals to be had on BF or CM.

Costco had an online only deal on the base entry level MacBook pro earlier this month. i5/8gb/256gb for 1199. sold out before I could make up my mind.

mads said:
Costco had an online only deal on the base entry level MacBook pro earlier this month. i5/8gb/256gb for 1199. sold out before I could make up my mind.

What type of laptop are you looking for?
(Mac, gaming)

This is the first Black Friday in a long time where I don't have a list of 10 things I want to go out and shop for or buy online.  Meh, maybe I'm getting too old, or maybe the thrill of saving $20 on a $100 item just isn't that exciting to me anymore.

eyephone said:
mads said:

(Mac, gaming)

Its more of a want than need right now, if my old Mac can make it through another year. maybe I'll try getting into a zen state like aquabliss :)

mads said:
eyephone said:
mads said:

(Mac, gaming)

Its more of a want than need right now, if my old Mac can make it through another year. maybe I'll try getting into a zen state like aquabliss :)

So it?s for casual use? (Surfing the Net, checking emails)

yes : ) it doesn't even need to be a Mac, except that I'd have to get out of the ecosystem, got used to having phone/laptop be in sync

aquabliss said:
This is the first Black Friday in a long time where I don't have a list of 10 things I want to go out and shop for or buy online.  Meh, maybe I'm getting too old, or maybe the thrill of saving $20 on a $100 item just isn't that exciting to me anymore.

I saw this on another forum:  "We buy what we want all year long, so there's no reason to get too excited about Black Friday". 

Nothing on my list either (that would be a BF sale, unless someone sees a deal on 10-ply trailer tires or deep cycle batteries, then please PM me).  But I'm a huge sucker for bargains...I'll check in on the Amazon deals page throughout the week, and usually end up spending way more than I should.  They're gonna get me again this year, I'm sure. 

mads said:
yes : ) it doesn't even need to be a Mac, except that I'd have to get out of the ecosystem, got used to having phone/laptop be in sync

I understand. But I dont think you need an Apple book pro for casual use.

daedalus said:
aquabliss said:

I saw this on another forum:  "We buy what we want all year long, so there's no reason to get too excited about Black Friday". 

Nothing on my list either (that would be a BF sale, unless someone sees a deal on 10-ply trailer tires or deep cycle batteries, then please PM me).  But I'm a huge sucker for bargains...I'll check in on the Amazon deals page throughout the week, and usually end up spending way more than I should.  They're gonna get me again this year, I'm sure.

I don?t have that much time to sort through Amazon Deals.
That?s why I rely on an independent deal forum to filter through the deals in general.

Slickdeals is our friend...I'm mostly looking to pick up gifts for family. 

Cheesecake factory will be having their annual free 2 slices deal with a GC purchase, I normally get a few of those for coworkers and keep the free slices. 
Haven't seen anything yet, but hopefully Target has the 10% off GC deal on Monday, pick them up in $20/$25/$50 denominations for gifts throughout the year for teachers, kids bdays, family or just buy a ton for yourself. 

Usually the only thing I look at are the prices of TVs bigger than what I have.

I?m usually a year behind because I don?t want to pay the premium prices. It?s amazing that you can buy 75? TVs for $600-700.

Back