Black Friday and Cyber Monday Deals

eyephone said:
hurijo said:
eyephone said:
T-Mobile deal: iPhone 12 free or almost free depending on the model for New and EXISTING customers. (requires trade of phone and trade in value depends on the model)

I think you have to add a line also.
https://www.t-mobile.com/cell-phones/brand/apple

I called a T-Mobile store and she said another promotion without adding a line is almost the same. But the trade in value is less. So for example if you have an iPhone 8, they will give you $415 in credit trade in value. (With adding an additional line they will give you around $800)

I?m waiting for my curbside delivery for Best Buy @ Tustin Market Place. There must be 50+ people waiting in line to get inside.

Stuff I'm purchasing this year:

* Graco child car seat at Target (50% off)
* Camco EVO water filter at Ace Hardware ($50-$15=$35).  This is an in-line hose water filter used for RV's, but good for car wash if you have hard water.
* Detailing.com in Irvine is doing 20% off with BLACKFRIDAY code at check out.  I'll prolly order some replacement DA polisher pads and more Optimum Car Wax.  If you dig deeper they have more stuff at 25% off, including:
  - Optimum Power Clean (good product, but I use Super Clean from Walmart)
  - Jescar Power Lock Plus (paint sealant, this is a popular paste wax like product, not a quick spray on)
  - P&S Bead Maker (popular spray on paint sealant)
    etc.
* The Rag company is doing 20% off code BF2020.  They had more stuff at deeper discount but the good items are sold out.  I will order some nice towels.
* Autogeek.net is doing 25% off Black Friday code BF2020

On side note, I'm looking for cordless leaf blower for cleaning the yard and concrete/walkway arounds.  But I have not seen any good deals.  If you know if any good deals please let me know.  I have corded leaf blower but it's a pain to drag the extension cord all over the place.  The cheapest ones I've seen locally are Black and Decker models at Lowes.

Saw the news when I got up and all they showed was lines packed together waiting to get in.

Clearly people went, anybody here physically go?

Read a post by a friend in the Midwest complaining about the crowd, belligerent non-maskers and the *sshat Governor for closing restaurants while letting the mall circus show proceed.  Of course, if he?d have closed the mall and other shopping, they?d doubly disgruntled.

Just curious if anybody went out to try and get anything and if it was nearly as bad as the morning reports looked in the background of the broadcasts? 

I went to target at the district to pick up an online order this morning and it wasn?t busy inside. Definitely no line.

Also picked up an item at Home Depot at the marketplace and inside it wasn?t very busy. Again, definitely no line

Went to Target a while ago... normal number of people.

On the whole, other than lining up right before it opened, seems like there were less people than previous years.

momopi said:
Stuff I'm purchasing this year:

* Graco child car seat at Target (50% off)
* Camco EVO water filter at Ace Hardware ($50-$15=$35).  This is an in-line hose water filter used for RV's, but good for car wash if you have hard water.
* Detailing.com in Irvine is doing 20% off with BLACKFRIDAY code at check out.  I'll prolly order some replacement DA polisher pads and more Optimum Car Wax.  If you dig deeper they have more stuff at 25% off, including:
  - Optimum Power Clean (good product, but I use Super Clean from Walmart)
  - Jescar Power Lock Plus (paint sealant, this is a popular paste wax like product, not a quick spray on)
  - P&S Bead Maker (popular spray on paint sealant)
    etc.
* The Rag company is doing 20% off code BF2020.  They had more stuff at deeper discount but the good items are sold out.  I will order some nice towels.
* Autogeek.net is doing 25% off Black Friday code BF2020

On side note, I'm looking for cordless leaf blower for cleaning the yard and concrete/walkway arounds.  But I have not seen any good deals.  If you know if any good deals please let me know.  I have corded leaf blower but it's a pain to drag the extension cord all over the place.  The cheapest ones I've seen locally are Black and Decker models at Lowes.

Maybe this one:https://www.amazon.com/Cordless-Leaf-Blower-battery-powered-Lightweight/dp/B0881K29P6/

Or this one a bit more $ but better reviews:https://www.amazon.com/Cordless-Lithium-ion-Variable-Carrying-Vacuuming/dp/B087TQH1R8/

T-Mobile existing customers: add a line for free
(no change to existing plan, no extra charge, same monthly fee) You just have to pay the SIM card fee $10.
* You can do it over the phone.

momopi said:
On side note, I'm looking for cordless leaf blower for cleaning the yard and concrete/walkway arounds.  But I have not seen any good deals.  If you know if any good deals please let me know.

I've been using the Greenworks 40V tools for years; hedge trimmer, weed-wacker, chainsaw, polesaw & leaf blower.  They've always worked well and I've been very happy with them.  Run times with the lithium batteries have been beyond expectations.  I can fill my longbed with firewood with the chainsaw and a charged battery.  Not as strong as my gas-powered tools, but fuss-free, cleaner and more reliable.  I have to think the 80V stuff will work pretty darn good, though run times might be a trade-off.

$174 for the leafblower on Amazon for Cyber Monday:
https://www.amazon.com/Greenworks-GBL80300-2400102-Cordless-Battery/dp/B00R6Z4SEQ?ref_=Oct_DLandingS_D_d1df958f_60&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER

Here's the 1 I have, also on sale.  But if you're not tied in to the 40V battery already, I would say go for the 80V!
https://www.amazon.com/Greenworks-Variable-Cordless-Included-24252/dp/B00AW72V4O?ref_=Oct_s9_apbd_simh_hd_bw_b2JP0&pf_rd_r=PFT3AFZJ0P6J21PVGW5S&pf_rd_p=9f256cdd-a054-5c6d-88a8-e25d0b237f59&pf_rd_s=merchandised-search-10&pf_rd_t=BROWSE&pf_rd_i=551242

It looks like the Apple iPhone 12 pro is in demand. (blue and gold color, estimate ship time Jan 5 - 20 or something) I will take whatever color is available. I have to wait for that also. Lol Should arrive this week or next.

Apple Watch SE regular and SE Nike version are hard to get at the discount price. ($229)
Apple Watch 6 - certain colors are hard to get with the discount.

irvinehomeowner said:
@momo:

Car seat? Is there a momo jr or jrette running around?

ACtC-3eocy9abBI99xm-uxajLnWVddrxBslkzIJABMRZHrLPdWlRT9U8HD8gCxlyEQGhNAdR7Cc9wkyIoX5zQFbsdHhBGm8QcvpUNNb-q5EfPWxIpoAMml6pCsDStNKQo3W7ThulYJUAiYO85KHOFemokDw0zw=w677-h902-no

Yes, she is now well versed in grabbing nipples (on your chest) and twisting it as hard as possible.  We have to give warnings to friends and family who wants to hold the baby.

eyephone said:
It looks like the Apple iPhone 12 pro is in demand. (blue and gold color, estimate ship time Jan 5 - 20 or something) I will take whatever color is available. I have to wait for that also. Lol Should arrive this week or next.

Apple Watch SE regular and SE Nike version are hard to get at the discount price. ($229)

Ya lots of people are upgrading to iPhone12 this time around.  Probably time to buy more AAPL.  Was hoping it would dip under $100 but probably not going to happen now.  I expect a run up though in the coming weeks, seems like it's due.

Also seems like tons of folks upgrading their echos and echo dots.  I upgrades from Gen3 to Gen4 throughout the house and like the new ones a lot better.  Speaker seems way better to me and I got the clock on all of them which is nice because it shows the timer countdowns and temp etc.  Time to buy some AMZN as well probably, it's been hovering in a range since July.

aquabliss said:
eyephone said:

Ya lots of people are upgrading to iPhone12 this time around.  Probably time to buy more AAPL.  Was hoping it would dip under $100 but probably not going to happen now.  I expect a run up though in the coming weeks, seems like it's due.

Also seems like tons of folks upgrading their echos and echo dots.  I upgrades from Gen3 to Gen4 throughout the house and like the new ones a lot better.  Speaker seems way better to me and I got the clock on all of them which is nice because it shows the timer countdowns and temp etc.  Time to buy some AMZN as well probably, it's been hovering in a range since July.

Apple fitness plus is coming out soon. (Workout/yoga/fitness interactive video with using the Apple Watch) That is why I need an Apple Watch with heart monitor feature. (I have to justify my purchase, wink) lol

momopi said:
irvinehomeowner said:
@momo:

Car seat? Is there a momo jr or jrette running around?

ACtC-3eocy9abBI99xm-uxajLnWVddrxBslkzIJABMRZHrLPdWlRT9U8HD8gCxlyEQGhNAdR7Cc9wkyIoX5zQFbsdHhBGm8QcvpUNNb-q5EfPWxIpoAMml6pCsDStNKQo3W7ThulYJUAiYO85KHOFemokDw0zw=w677-h902-no

Yes, she is now well versed in grabbing nipples (on your chest) and twisting it as hard as possible.  We have to give warnings to friends and family who wants to hold the baby.

Congrats on the new arrival Momo, glad to see some good things happen in this crazy year.

Awesome Momo!  Congrats!  The days will be very long and grueling, yet pass by all too quickly.  Enjoy every minute.  She'll always be your little girl, but she'll be this small and precious but for a moment.

Back