Best Milk Tea in Irvine?

eyephone said:
USCTrojanCPA said:
eyephone said:
If you are overweight or if you have diabetes, you may want to limit your bubble tea cravings to an occasional treat because each cup of tea can contain as much as six teaspoons of sugar.
https://www.healthxchange.sg/food-nutrition/food-tips/bubble-tea-healthy-or-not

But what do I know?
Facts

Just 6?  I'd think it'd be more like 16. I rather eat carbs/sugar than drink them.

Yup or just eat fresh fruit. :)

Yup, I love all types of berries, pineapple, banana, and oranges...best kind of dessert for me.

USCTrojanCPA said:
eyephone said:
USCTrojanCPA said:
eyephone said:
If you are overweight or if you have diabetes, you may want to limit your bubble tea cravings to an occasional treat because each cup of tea can contain as much as six teaspoons of sugar.
https://www.healthxchange.sg/food-nutrition/food-tips/bubble-tea-healthy-or-not

But what do I know?
Facts

Just 6?  I'd think it'd be more like 16. I rather eat carbs/sugar than drink them.

Yup or just eat fresh fruit. :)

Yup, I love all types of berries, pineapple, banana, and oranges...best kind of dessert for me.

Btw - Do you blend those fruits?
I find that when I make a blended fruit juice with kale. I do not need coffee. (Healthy tip? Idk)

iacrenter said:
hamilton said:
HMart said:
Similar strategy to Costco, show up midweek right before closing

Just went tonight at 8:30, closes at 9.  There was a line about 12 people deep... but moved pretty fast got my drink by like 8:45.  My first time trying it and can confirm the quality of the tea is very good compared to most run of the mill boba shops but if this is what the line looks like on a weeknight before closing I wouldn't even want to bother on a weekend.

No way I can drink a Rising Phoenix at night and expect to sleep within 6 hrs. Those things are strong.

lol wish i had read this before i decided to try this at night... but at least you can definitely tell its real tea from the tongue numbness.

I have Rising Phoenix level 5 frequently and never have trouble falling asleep... and tongue numbness?  Sheesh.

I did hear the cashier say the other night that they are thinking of expanding their menu soon.  Forgot to tell her to add the xl size lol.

Am I the only one who orders Rising Phoenix Level 2? Haha. The Black Jade is good too. I actually tend to get that more than the Rising Phoenix.

Last week I was able to get mochi donuts from MoDo inside Mitsuwa and get a milk tea from Orobae in a grand total of 10-15 mins. I thought I was in the Twilight Zone.

Anyone try HN Tea on Harvard?  Looks like they just opened a few weeks back and really good reviews so far.

aquabliss said:
Anyone try HN Tea on Harvard?  Looks like they just opened a few weeks back and really good reviews so far.

Haven't tried it yet, but I know the Tustin location is popular. They also have a new location on Alton and Technology near Costco.

Tried the HN Tea by Costco, per the cashiers recommendation I got the Black Rock Tea Latte with boba.  Meh, it was ok but not unique, I think though they use real milk and not powder so that part was good.  Also tried a fruit tea with Aloe and it was just ok.

Went to the new Tea Maru in Quail Hill yesterday.  Got the Okinawa with Sweet Potato boba, 75%.  Both the Tea and the Boba were seriously lacking flavor.  The boba had really good texture though, one of the best chewy textures I?ve had, but the flavor just wasn?t there.

I think this place is more known for their strawberry matcha cream drinks, I think they also have a mango.  Maybe I?ll go back and try those, but I?d steer clear of the milk teas here.

aquabliss said:
Went to the new Tea Maru in Quail Hill yesterday.  Got the Okinawa with Sweet Potato boba, 75%.  Both the Tea and the Boba were seriously lacking flavor.  The boba had really good texture though, one of the best chewy textures I?ve had, but the flavor just wasn?t there.

I think this place is more known for their strawberry matcha cream drinks, I think they also have a mango.  Maybe I?ll go back and try those, but I?d steer clear of the milk teas here.

I wanted to check out that place albeit the prices seem on the higher end even for Irvine.

I've been on an Omomo kick recently.  My go-to is the Creamomo Black Jade Milk Tea with Cheese Foam, 80% Reg Ice with Boba.

The ultimate would be a Creamomo Rising Phoenix L3 with Cheese Foam + Orabae Boba... will never happen, but one can dream.

Cares said:
Was never a fan of cheese foam on boba. I tried it once and I don't get the craze.

Did you mix it before drinking?  It?s a bit much if you leave it all for the end but if you gently mix/shake the drink before you puncture the seal with your straw, it nicely distributes the creamy foam throughout the drink.

Tried Tiger Sugar on Sand Canyon and Irvine Center.  I guess they are famous for their Brown Sugar Milk Tea but I?m typically not a fan so just got the ?Tea Latte? which is apparently their version on Milk Tea.  It was ok but not my fave and not sure what all the hype is about.  I?d buy it again but probably won?t be craving it any time soon. 

Cloudy Co is the best for milk tea. I love how there are no lines for this place and all the hype is at omomo + orobae.

Back