Best Milk Tea in Irvine?

Another tip if you're trying to boba/milktea delivery try using Fantuan instead of the silicon valley apps.. its made with chinese/asian restaurants in mind so is accepted by more of the mom and pop asian restaurants and often has promotions which make it a lot cheaper than the doordash/etc apps....

hamilton said:
Another tip if you're trying to boba/milktea delivery try using Fantuan instead of the silicon valley apps.. its made with chinese/asian restaurants in mind so is accepted by more of the mom and pop asian restaurants and often has promotions which make it a lot cheaper than the doordash/etc apps....

Yeah, just cross your fingers that your milk tea isn't splattered all over the inside of their car given how crazy they drive around town. They speed, run red lights, turn in front of oncoming traffic. It's great!

iacrenter said:
Just make it online ONLY. Stick a QR Code poster outside and call it  a day. It will be safer for staff and they can focus on drink production.

This is a great idea, this is pretty much how they do it at Sunright.  However, I have a feeling they like the long lines outside.  Every time I wait in it I see 2-3 curious people looking trying to figure out what they sell in there and why the line is so long.  I would think it helps bring new customers. 

My dad always said if you get excited because the restaurant parking lot is empty and you don?t have to wait for a table, there?s probably a good reason and you should eat somewhere else.

hamilton said:

Do any of these apps have signup bonuses? Sounds like a win-win to be cheaper and support the mom and pop restuarants.

USCTrojanCPA said:
iacrenter said:
Line Report for Orobae @ 3:15pm on Sunday: 30+ people waiting in line... crazy

For milk tea?  Uhhh no thanks.

Have you tried the Rising Phoenix Level 4, Regular Ice, Double Tapioca?  It?s like a little part of the heavens open when I drink it.  But ya, I?d rather go on a weeknight when there?s only 5-10 people in front of me.

aquabliss said:
USCTrojanCPA said:
iacrenter said:

Have you tried the Rising Phoenix Level 4, Regular Ice, Double Tapioca?  It?s like a little part of the heavens open when I drink it.  But ya, I?d rather go on a weeknight when there?s only 5-10 people in front of me.

Sounds way too sweet for me, I'd probably start bouncing off the walls.  haha  I'll stick to my unsweetened green and black iced tea. :D

We used the divide and conquer strategy. I stood in line and the wife did grocery shopping at Mitsuwa. The line moved pretty quickly--15 minutes in line and 5 minutes for the drinks. First time having a Gyukuro Green Milk Tea, regular ice, level 3 with boba. Tasted great! Still love this place but wishing for mobile ordering.

USCTrojanCPA said:
aquabliss said:
USCTrojanCPA said:
iacrenter said:

Sounds way too sweet for me, I'd probably start bouncing off the walls.  haha  I'll stick to my unsweetened green and black iced tea. :D

They also have a Rising Phoenix fresh Pulled (non-Milk) / Brewed Tea, not sweet and you can get it with Agar Pearls for less sugar.  Their teas are all fresh brewed and ingredients are good quality, you should definitely try it once.

aquabliss said:
USCTrojanCPA said:
aquabliss said:
USCTrojanCPA said:
iacrenter said:

They also have a Rising Phoenix fresh Pulled (non-Milk) / Brewed Tea, not sweet and you can get it with Agar Pearls for less sugar.  Their teas are all fresh brewed and ingredients are good quality, you should definitely try it once.

Ok, I'll give it a try when I'm roaming around mid-week....I'm not waiting more than 5 minutes for a drink though.

HMart said:
Similar strategy to Costco, show up midweek right before closing

Just went tonight at 8:30, closes at 9.  There was a line about 12 people deep... but moved pretty fast got my drink by like 8:45.  My first time trying it and can confirm the quality of the tea is very good compared to most run of the mill boba shops but if this is what the line looks like on a weeknight before closing I wouldn't even want to bother on a weekend.

I have a feeling the cashiers are trained to be more chatty with the guests when the line is shorter.  The owners want a long line to keep the hype alive and build more ?drive by? traffic from those who are curious.

I have zero proof of this, but wouldn?t fault them for doing so as I think it works and most loyalists are fine to wait their 15-20min in line, myself included.

hamilton said:
HMart said:

Just went tonight at 8:30, closes at 9.  There was a line about 12 people deep... but moved pretty fast got my drink by like 8:45.  My first time trying it and can confirm the quality of the tea is very good compared to most run of the mill boba shops but if this is what the line looks like on a weeknight before closing I wouldn't even want to bother on a weekend.

No way I can drink a Rising Phoenix at night and expect to sleep within 6 hrs. Those things are strong.

iacrenter said:
hamilton said:
HMart said:

No way I can drink a Rising Phoenix at night and expect to sleep within 6 hrs. Those things are strong.

Maybe Hamilton needed to pull an allnighter for work or something.  haha

USCTrojanCPA said:
iacrenter said:
hamilton said:
HMart said:

Caffeine has very little effect on me, soon, I will be walking distance to Orobae and Omomo, Milk Tea eveyr weekend!! (oh god.. i'm going to be even fatter)

Innosint said:
USCTrojanCPA said:
iacrenter said:
hamilton said:
HMart said:

Caffeine has very little effect on me, soon, I will be walking distance to Orobae and Omomo, Milk Tea eveyr weekend!! (oh god.. i'm going to be even fatter)

Unsweatened green and black iced tea FTW!

Back