Best Milk Tea in Irvine?

aquabliss said:
iacrenter said:
Which drink did you end up getting at Omomo?

aquabliss said:
For those Omomo fans, what is your favorite drink there?  Want to give it a try this week sometime.

I went but line was too long so didn?t end up getting anything.  Will try again next week.

They are having some technical issues and only allow in person ordering at both Irvine locations.

USCTrojanCPA said:
How much sugar do those drinks have?

Don't ask, don't tell  :-X

USCTrojanCPA said:

You can adjust the sweetness level 1-5, but to me for milk tea if you lower the sweetness too much it tastes almost like milk, which is weird.  I think Orobae uses natural flavorings not powder and artificial like most places so it is less sweet than normal, which is a good thing. 

I think if you order the rising Phoenix level 4 it?s not overly sugary (IMO), and you can taste the quality and difference.  Definitely add the tapioca, it?s by far the best at Orobae.  I went today and got double tapioca and came home a happy man.

USCTrojanCPA said:

All I will say is that I have tried to make boba + milk tea before and the amount of sugar it takes to get it to taste like store/restaurant stuff is shocking....

There?s no good boba in Irvine. Got to go to garden grove or Westminster. Same for all Asian items now that I think about it

Nguyen80 said:
There?s no good boba in Irvine. Got to go to garden grove or Westminster. Same for all Asian items now that I think about it

For Vietnamese food I agree, but for a Taiwanese drink I?m not sure if Bolsa beats out Irvine spots.  This is the highest reviewed place I could find in the area:https://yelp.to/qTKq/sA004UTIaab

I?m sure it?s good, but don?t know what makes it any better than the Irvine spots discussed here.

Milk tea/boba is one of my favorite things to get.

Omomo: Really good, but not worth the wait to me personally.

Orobae: I love their tea quality. The staff is really nice too. One thing I will say is that their popular Rising Phoenix milk tea isn't a showstopper as some Yelp reviews say.

Sunright: New favorite. Their drinks are really good and they have a super convenient online ordering system at the one on Irvine Center & Jeffrey.

7 Leaves: They have a really good Thai Tea and the House Coffee is really good. Their Assam and Oolong milk teas are great too.

Gong Cha: They used to be my go-to when I was craving an Earl Grey milk tea. Their drinks are good, but I haven't been in a while.

Sharetea: Also very good quality. The Kiwi fruit tea is one of my favorite non-milk tea drinks I've had from a tea shop.

Cha: Very good, but can get extremely busy and annoying with the rowdy HS/UCI folks. I still go here from time to time for the nostalgia of when I went to Uni and everyone would go there.

Tastea: Still one of my favorite jasmine green milk teas.

Happy Lemon (Sunmerry): Great fruit teas.

Ding Tea: Solid choice.

Redstraw: Extremely MEH. I would skip it.

Lollicup: More like LOL-licup. No way. Wouldn't go there unless you happen to be in the Arbor shopping center and need a quick fix and skip 7 Leaves or Happy Lemon for whatever reason.

Tapioca Express: Same sentiments as Lollicup. I used to go there when Irvine had less milk tea options, but not anymore.

85: NOPE. Not for milk tea unless it's the rose.

Class 302: Absolutely not.

Finally checked out Orobae and tried the Rising Phoenix, sweetness level 3, tapioca, and regular ice. Very impressed with the tea taste and fresh tasting tapioca. The gentleman taking orders was extremely friendly and knowledgable. When I told him it was my first time, he took the time to explain the menu and insisted I taste the drink before walking away. If I wasn't completely satisfied he would make it right. I will definitely be back to try more items.

iacrenter said:
Finally checked out Orobae and tried the Rising Phoenix, sweetness level 3, tapioca, and regular ice. Very impressed with the tea taste and fresh tasting tapioca. The gentleman taking orders was extremely friendly and knowledgable. When I told him it was my first time, he took the time to explain the menu and insisted I taste the drink before walking away. If I wasn't completely satisfied he would make it right. I will definitely be back to try more items.

Yeah, the staff there is always very nice! The Hokkaido and the Red Jade are really good too for next time.

iacrenter said:

Ya I have a feeling they take the time to talk to everyone and make conversation so that the line grows and it builds curiosity from passerbys and they end up giving it a try due to what looks like high popularity.  Anyhow it's nice that they are so friendly there and the customer service is great.  They'll trade your drink for another if you're not satisfied.  I'm a pretty loyal customer now, tried all the milk teas.  The rising phoenix, hokkaido, and red jade are all very good.  My one gripe is they don't have an XL size.  I always wish I had just a little bit more when I'm done.

What's the best milk tea that you can order online? Both Orobae and Omomo are nice but you have to wait in line. I don't mind picking it up in person (prefer it to delivery actually due to less hands touching) but waiting is no bueno

I think I've tried all the places in this thread now, and still feel Orobae is the pretty clear winner, both in terms of the tea and boba quality.

I just wish the large size at Orobae was a bit bigger, or they offered an Xtra Large.  If Orobae has the 32oz like Tastea, I'd gladly pay extra.

I spoke to an employee at Orobae who seemed like a manager or owner. Told him I would appreciate it if they did online ordering. He said they are working on their own tech platform as they apparently have some kind of tech company tie-up. He also said that their concern about online ordering is that it would increase the wait for in-person customers.

We went at like 830p last night and the line was 2 persons long. Faster than Starbucks. Of course, this is not how it usually is.

Just make it online ONLY. Stick a QR Code poster outside and call it  a day. It will be safer for staff and they can focus on drink production.

HMart said:
I spoke to an employee at Orobae who seemed like a manager or owner. Told him I would appreciate it if they did online ordering. He said they are working on their own tech platform as they apparently have some kind of tech company tie-up. He also said that their concern about online ordering is that it would increase the wait for in-person customers.

We went at like 830p last night and the line was 2 persons long. Faster than Starbucks. Of course, this is not how it usually is.

That guy is so nice. I think he is the owner. They really do need online ordering. Lately, I've been getting lucky and waiting 5 mins or less, but sometimes that line makes me leave and go elsewhere.

irviniteeee said:
HMart said:

That guy is so nice. I think he is the owner. They really do need online ordering. Lately, I've been getting lucky and waiting 5 mins or less, but sometimes that line makes me leave and go elsewhere.

That guy is great.  I went there when he first opened pre-COVID and he would offer to remake my drink even if it were just a little bit off.  He's still there now chatting with his customers to make sure they're taken care of. 

Back