Belvedere at Eastwood

If market stays soft then being in first phase may not be the best. Could miss out on incentives offered later.

Did you guys notice that there is no option to convert the California room to a conservatory room?

acf said:
Did you guys notice that there is no option to convert the California room to a conservatory room?

I noticed that too.

If you look at the Petaluma floorplans (these similar to Jasmine and San Mateo), there is no conservatory option either, but there is an expanded dining room option.

acf said:

That's very odd considering how popular the conservatory option is at Strada (95% similar floorplans). I think five of the eight homes in my phase include the conservatory.

acf said:

I actually think that's better. Now buyers won't be tempted with the low $/sf to create the conservatory. So awkward for furniture placement and space design in the great room in most floor plans.

I have to sort of agree with this. One big reason for it is just to bump up the sq footage. What you're left with is a pillar in your "great" room and space behind the couch for what?

bones said:
acf said:

I actually think that's better. Now buyers won't be tempted with the low $/sf to create the conservatory. So awkward for furniture placement and space design in the great room in most floor plans.

ChasingRainbows said:
If the California room is standard, does this mean the price to build the room would be already included in the price?
California room = outdoor and open to outside elements. It's the included price. No additional sq ft to house.

Conservatory = indoor and covered, added sq ft to overall house, usually cost per sq ft is low to build.

ChasingRainbows said:
If the California room is standard, does this mean the price to build the room would be already included in the price?

No, but the price for conservatory room option would be a lot cheaper if they offer it.

In Mulberry for example, the California room is standard and the price for optional conservatory is $8000.

In Mendocino, the California room is not standard and it is a $8000 option IIRC.  And for the Conservatory at Mendocino, it is an $16,500 option.

But compare to The New Home company, IP's option is a bargain.  I don't know what TNHC will charge conservatory at Cressa but at Lambert Ranch, it's $26k to $30k.

lnc said:
ChasingRainbows said:

No, but the price for conservatory room option would be a lot cheaper if they offer it.

In Mulberry for example, the California room is standard and the price for optional conservatory is $8000.

In Mendocino, the California room is not standard and it is a $8000 option IIRC.  And for the Conservatory at Mendocino, it is an $16,500 option.

But compare to The New Home company, IP's option is a bargain.  I don't know what TNHC will charge conservatory at Cressa but at Lambert Ranch, it's $26k to $30k.

Irvine Pacific charges $13K to add a CA room and $17K to add a conservatory at Strada - an upgrade from the standard trellis.

bones said:
acf said:

I'm with you...conservatories are just plain weird (with few exceptions...where they seem to be placed in the right spot (they don't blend in with the family room and thus truly have a feel of a distinct room...which for example could be used as a formal dining room).

I think Palo Alto plan 3 is an example where the conservatory is just an extension so it makes the great room bigger, without any funky pillars. Wished all of them can be without that out of place pillar support.

So.... an SFR in Eastwood or a lightly used comparable SFR in StoneGate that's a few years old. What would you choose if prices are fairly similar?

acf said:
So.... an SFR in Eastwood or a lightly used comparable SFR in StoneGate that's a few years old. What would you choose if prices are fairly similar?

There are other details like floor plan, the location within the village (back against major street, T intersection, at cul-de-sec etc), lot size and amount of up grade, landscaping need to be consider for a fair comparison.  But in general, a fairly recent build existing home with nicely done up grades and landscaping would be a good deal if the asking price is close to the bare bones new home.

Yes, consider location within the community (not butted up next to a busy street), upgrades, lot size and sq footage are all fairly comparable, which community do you prefer? For me for example, I like to swim laps in the summer. It doesn't look like Eastwood is going to have a dedicated lap pool, but Stonegate (and Woodbury for that matter do). Do you prefer the square layout of stonegate's community, or the rectangle of Eastwood's overall shape for example?

Also need to factor in school (besides elementary), for example, EW goes to NHS, and SG goes to the new Portola pretty far away if you live close to Jeffrey.

Although statistically remote chance of anything bad happening, there are couple of offenders per Megan's law site that's closer to EW and the jr high it's assigned to compared to SG where there's none.

Pros and cons to everything.
SG is closer to the coyotes and the landfill (the road up curves west towards the landfill)

AW, yup you're right. I know Woodbury is switching to the new toxic Portola high school district, but I didn't realize that Stonegate was included in that school district as well. From what people tell me, NHS is preferred. Tip of the hat goes to Eastwood for that category.  Yes, Eastwood is a little further from the landfill, that's a plus.

Being on the same side of the jeffery trail is a definite plus for Stonegate (and Woodbury). For an Eastwood resident to use the trail, they have to cross Jeffery, which is a significant street. Once you're on the "good side", you have the bridges to avoid all traffic. With that being said, do you think they will build some sort of overpass bridge that connects Eastwood to the Jeffery trail?

Back