Belvedere at Eastwood

lnc said:
The plan 4 is interesting, single floor, only 2 bedroom and a den.  Are there a considerable market for such a floor plan? 

This floor plan is something for empty nesters, retiree etc who favor single floor home and does not need many bedrooms, but isn't multiple generation home the favor trend nowadays? 

Builder don't just design product like this unless they have marketing research to support this.  Just curious what are IP's research to support product like this.

Portola springs has a one story 2 bedroom plan around 1700 sf. The builder didn't build that many and they didn't sell quickly. I think adding a few hundred sf to allow a 3rd bedroom flex is a good move.  It's perfect for grandparents to be close but not TOO close.

irvinehomeowner said:
I like the Mr. Belvedere 3.

I know you are supposed to like the 3x but it doesn't have that take your breath away entrance.

The Belvedere 3 is pretty good but what did you think of Cressa 3 at PS?

Both are very similar at around 2800 sq.ft but there's some little thing with Belvedere's plan 3 that make me like Cressa's plan 3 more. 

One thing that bugs me about Belvedere 3 is the master's toilet positioned alone the wall of bedroom 2 and bedroom 2's toilet located alone wall of bedroom 3.  That's means if one person is doing business in the middle of the night, the person sleep at next room are more likely to be disturbed.  In Cressa 3's floor plan, all toilet are away from the adjacent bedroom wall.

Another minor detail make me like Cressa more is the entrance to the garage from the kitchen and has a little launch area.

Location and different village is another matter but by just looking at the floor plan, looks like Cressa did a little better job then Mr. Belvedere.

Attachments

• Belvedere plan 3.jpg
    Belvedere plan 3.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 632
  • Cressa plan 3.jpg
    Cressa plan 3.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 581
I like the Cressa plan 3 slightly more, however, on paper like both plans quite a bit and both are near the top of my list if the price is right.  Prefer eastwood's location, however, I am not an anti PS person and happen to like a lot of aspects of PS (including the privacy of it). That said, am not a huge fan of the density in PS III (where Cressa is), that said with the right lots and price, I can live with it and still think the elevated location is a plus. 

Bullsback said:
I like the Cressa plan 3 slightly more, however, on paper like both plans quite a bit and both are near the top of my list if the price is right.  Prefer eastwood's location, however, I am not an anti PS person and happen to like a lot of aspects of PS (including the privacy of it). That said, am not a huge fan of the density in PS III (where Cressa is), that said with the right lots and price, I can live with it and still think the elevated location is a plus.
I too will vote for Cressa.  I don't mind the location in PS at all and another advantage is the builder.  I will prefer NHC much more than IP.

Here is why I think Belvy is better than Cressa:

1. 4.5 baths: Having 2 toilets downstairs is very convenient.

2. 2 master closets: Until you have 2, you don't realize how great that is.

3. Laundry: Has a counter area next to the sink and it's not located right next to the master (ongoing noise vs 3am in the morning tinkle noise).

4. Walk-in closet and balcony for bedroom 3: Not sure if balcony is an option for Cressa but the walk-in closet is good for your kids.

But... I prefer the elevation of PS vs Clint Eastwood.

Roger said:
Bullsback said:
I too will vote for Cressa.  I don't mind the location in PS at all and another advantage is the builder.  I will prefer NHC much more than IP.
In all honesty, NHC or IP they are practically the same given how much work they do with each other. I wouldn't even be surprised if NHC wasn't pretty involved in the designs of some of their plans (since they already serve as the IP's primary construction builder).  Belevedere basically looks like a slightly larger version of the Strada Plan 3. 

I like Cressa, just not the location, unicorn owners will look down upon you, and the lights there on Modjeska are going to aggravate me once the HS opens up

can we play crystal ball and guess the pricing on the plans? Will plan 1 start in the mid 900's or 1 mil?

LongIrvine said:
Would guess base pricing 425-450 per ft
I will guess the under. Stonegate has been largely under those amounts. As was cypress on sfr.  Plus I am predicting they will want some momentum. I'm guessing 390 to 405 or so at la cressa and slightly more 395 to 410 at belv. That is on the bigger plans.

Northwood HS would 'coincidentally' get some bogus ocregister award a month prior to Eastwood grand opening

Guess it'll hover around $400. $450 would mean on a hill, gated, and unicorns. 

Might be wrong, but the Stonegate and CV that went for 400/ft were shared driveways or next to busy streets (Sand Canyon, Portola, Jeffrey, Irvine Blvd).  I recall Laurel being base priced at 425. 

LongIrvine said:
Might be wrong, but the Stonegate and CV that went for 400/ft were shared driveways or next to busy streets (Sand Canyon, Portola, Jeffrey, Irvine Blvd).  I recall Laurel being base priced at 425. 

I hope you're right. $425-450 base to start for this at EW would be great for the resale market.

Not to mention Belvedere has 10' ceilings in "select locations". . . . hopefully most of great room kitchen and not just entrance.

425 would put the 2400ft plan 1 at 1.02mil to start. Add upgrades and you're looking at 1.1...

LongIrvine said:
Palo Alto is going for 402 a sq/ft.  The Richmond American product started below 400 / ft if I recall correctly (again at the larger square footages). The early plan scales slightly different, but those were all full SFR's, including Richmond which had solid lots. 

By the way, I should point out I'm looking at Belvedere here in terms of pricing and am focusing more on the pricing of the larger plans vs. necessarily the intro plan. You look at Laurel and I think their 2400 sq ft is somewhere just shy of 420 / ft.  Momentum hasn't been super fast on that so I presume when TIC opens early phases, you'd see that square footage start slightly below (although I might be mistaken). But as you trend up, when you have options in the 2500-3000 sqft SFR already pricing in a similar range, you'd presume TIC comes in pretty consistent with that pricing.

The real question is what is TIC's view of the marketplace and what are their goals. With it being a new overall project, do they want to start with early momentum and thus be a little lower priced (somewhat canibalizing existing product, but not too significantly because the larger stuff is most of what is in new sale in Stonegate and OH has driven up quite a bit so you have room their (plus a presumed premium).  That said you don't have to worry to much if someone wants a 3000+ sq ft house of them  being too focused on Eastwood anyway (since the early phases won't help them, unless they are willing to drop down to 2800). 

All that said, I hadn't realized how much Layfayette had ticked up (they started pretty low...sub 400 ft) and along with Strada are one of the few SFR projects that seem to have rolled pretty strongly in this market.  Belvedere / Cressa both fit into a similar market, with Strada leveraging OH and nice streets and Layfayette leveraging pretty nice lots by TIC standards. 

Back