Barcelona at Los Olivos Village

This thread reminds me of the OG Laguna Altura thread, skim it if you haven?t done so:http://www.talkirvine.com/index.php?topic=1912.0

Everybody was bashing the prices, location, HOA fees, blah blah... fast forward 6.5 years and many of those homes are trading near double the original price.

I think the sweet spot is the Cortona plans which started about $860k for Plan 1 and now sell for around $1.6M.

Will these do as well?  Time will tell but I wouldn?t be surprised if they sell for 1.8M in 2-3 years.  Sounds crazy but if you predicted Laguna Alturas future correctly back in late 2011, everyone would have laughed you out of the room.

aquabliss said:
This thread reminds me of the OG Laguna Altura thread, skim it if you haven?t done so:http://www.talkirvine.com/index.php?topic=1912.0

Everybody was bashing the prices, location, HOA fees, blah blah... fast forward 6.5 years and many of those homes are trading near double the original price.

I think the sweet spot is the Cortona plans which started about $860k for Plan 1 and now sell for around $1.6M.

Will these do as well?  Time will tell but I wouldn?t be surprised if they sell for 1.8M in 2-3 years.  Sounds crazy but if you predicted Laguna Alturas future correctly back in late 2011, everyone would have laughed you out of the room.

You could have bought almost anything in Irvine in 2011-12, at the bottom of the market, and made out like a bandit if you sold now.

aquabliss said:

Yup, Indiedev is long gone and IHS is missing in action from TI. They both did not care for LA at all and down right DIS. Laguna Altura. That was the bottom of the market back then and there were alot of perma bear during those time and it makes them sounds quite smart for holding out, then. Fast forward, those buyers did very well in LA with today pricing. Appreciation ramped up quickly during the last 5 years from the ABSOLUTE BOTTOM, for Irvine. The Laguna Altura real estate had multiple successful attributes that pushed higher pricing. Rock bottom price, rock bottom rates, multiples of real estate investor and institutions jumping in purchase single family homes. The current market we are in is the opposite of that in term of pricing, rates, investor slowing down, trade wars. It will be a different market for Barcelona. I am sure it will sell. Although, people are not gung-ho like they once were in 2014-2017 era.

Lot of people were bashing Lambert Ranch at that time too and look how it turn out.  And Barcelona also like Lambert Ranch, there are only 169 homes. 

The closest product similar to Barcelona I can think off are the Magnolia with the so-called ?California Court? in the CV and many are asking around $1.4m.  Barcelona has better floor plan and perhaps even better location.  If these Magnolia in CV can get these high selling prices, so can these Barcelona.

This Magnolia was from TI?s WTF asking price thread a year ago. I think it was asking $1.48m originally and sold at $1.38m.
https://www.redfin.com/CA/Irvine/78-Bloomington-92620/home/58553005

Here?s one currently for sale.
https://www.redfin.com/CA/Irvine/71-Purple-Jasmine-92620/home/58552837

I still think Laguna Woktura is a subpar hood.

But I feel that way about most of the TIC post 2010 tracts.

Except for Eastwood.

Not really.

#bellybait

Burn That Belly said:
iho, we'll have this conversation again in 2035. Then you tell me then if you wished you had bought at Barcelona.

nevermind, no need. I already know what's going to happen in 2035.

He's gonna say it has no 3CWG so people who bought Barcelona were not smart even if it appreciates into $2M territory.

Burn That Belly said:
iho, we'll have this conversation again in 2035. Then you tell me then if you wished you had bought at Barcelona.

2035? You could say this about any village in Irvine... that's not psychic... that's eyephone obvious. :)

Burn That Belly said:
irvinehomeowner said:
Burn That Belly said:

2035? You could say this about any village in Irvine... that's not psychic... that's eyephone obvious. :)

But we?re talking about max appreciation like max rebates. I don?t think El Camino Real or Deerfield will win any medals for appreciation.

What is eyephone obvious?

People who really make money out of RE, they don't bet on max appreciation. They sell a little bit before it appreciates max on top and usually buy before it reaches the rock bottom. Speaking of rock bottom, would 2035 be around that time? maybe a little earlier?

Went to the VIP grand opening with a client earlier this evening.  Plenty of buyers and their agents around.  Speaking of that, the broker co-op for Barcelona is $30,000.

aquabliss said:
Any sold buttons yet?  Anything feel uniquely great or different about the community?

There are no sold buttons. They replaced them with ones that flash ROI. Phase 1 is all lit up.

Sorry should have asked how many of these are on the map thus far?

text.gif

Info sheets from today's grand opening. Good attendance with an eye-balled 60% Asian and 40% Caucasian crowd. Gourmet coffee and macaroons.

Attachments

• Barcelona Prices.jpg
    Barcelona Prices.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 367
  • Barcelona HOA.jpg
    Barcelona HOA.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 270
  • Barcelona Site 1.jpg
    Barcelona Site 1.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 270
  • Barcelona Site 2.jpg
    Barcelona Site 2.jpg