Awful Experience at Colibri, Portola Springs

I am so sorry that the sales lady was so rude and heartless to you guys.  I am sure that the Ryland people are reading these comments and have/will be talking to that sales lady re: her unprofessional behavior. :)

Re: rude people/uncaring people.  Yes, mainland Chinese are just trying to learn the language and yes, there is a cultural divide, but rudeness/heartlessness has no color.

Case in point from my personal experiences:
1) Was walking on a busy street in San Fran with family when an elderly (thin, fragile, looked about 90 years old), white lady holding a cane tripped and fell at an intersection curb.  There was a ton of pedestrian traffic and as she lay there asking for help to get up, they all looked down at her with curiosity and kept going (99%) white people.  I don't know if it is a city thing or what?  Anyways, we went to go help her but an elderly asian
2) A friend told me about this story.  She is Columbian (looks white), and she fell down an outside stairs breaking her leg in the process.  A bone was sticking out of her leg and she could not get up.  This all happened by a busy residential street.  Cars would slow down to look at her and kept going.  The only car that stopped was a landscaping truck driven by a mexican man (who apparently didn't speak English) who helped her up and waited until the ambulance came.

and so forth...

Of course, there are many nice people as well, but either way, it really SUCKS to be in the receiving end of uncalled for rudeness :(

Agree. It's all case by case. It's immature to judge a group of people (with population of more than 1.3 billion) based on the behavior of some individuals.

Sometimes if you need help, you have to ask for it explicitly. If I were the old lady fell on the busy street of San Francisco, I will seek for eye contact with any gentleman (especially gentleman beside a young lady) passing by and ask for help directly. By this way I am pretty sure she will get help very soon.

I travelled quite some cities in China and Europe before moving to the US. It was old days when smart phones are yet to be invented and GPS is rare and unfornately I have poor sense of directions. I relied on maps and local people to find my way. No matter in China or in Europe, I can always count on local people. The difference is that, in Europe sometimes I didn't even need to ask for help, Local people would come up to help me when they thought I was lost, while in China I wound't get any help before I asked. I think American is somewhat in between. If you really need help, say it.

IrvineNinja said:
I am so sorry that the sales lady was so rude and heartless to you guys.  I am sure that the Ryland people are reading these comments and have/will be talking to that sales lady re: her unprofessional behavior. :)

Re: rude people/uncaring people.  Yes, mainland Chinese are just trying to learn the language and yes, there is a cultural divide, but rudeness/heartlessness has no color.

Case in point from my personal experiences:
1) Was walking on a busy street in San Fran with family when an elderly (thin, fragile, looked about 90 years old), white lady holding a cane tripped and fell at an intersection curb.  There was a ton of pedestrian traffic and as she lay there asking for help to get up, they all looked down at her with curiosity and kept going (99%) white people.  I don't know if it is a city thing or what?  Anyways, we went to go help her but an elderly asian lady beat us to it and helped her up.
2) A friend told me about this story.  She is Columbian (looks white), and she fell down an outside stairs breaking her leg in the process.  A bone was sticking out of her leg and she could not get up.  This all happened by a busy residential street.  Cars would slow down to look at her and kept going.  The only car that stopped was a landscaping truck driven by a mexican man (who apparently didn't speak English) who helped her up and waited until the ambulance came.
3) I saw an asian toddler was being picked on by a (speaking in what sounded like Farsi) little boy. The asian mom went up to  the boy to stop and the Persian mom runs up in a huff saying "what do you want with my boy?"  The asian mom explains and the Persian mom was like, "so?"  Then goes on to tell the asian mom that they use people like her as maids in her country and so forth (ugh...).

and so forth...

Of course, there are many nice people as well, but either way, it really SUCKS to be in the receiving end of uncalled for rudeness :(

At least the Chinese are keeping the school districts desirable.  I heard Tustin High is looking for GPA boosters if you're looking for a change.

broda said:
At least the Chinese are keeping the school districts desirable.  I heard Tustin High is looking for GPA boosters if you're looking for a change.
test needs to step up her Asian recruiting for Tustin Legacy... use some 8's in her pricing.

Since this thread turned into more of a discussion on mainlanders, I have a question. How do these people come to US? I mean on what Visa? I am pretty sure they are not on non-immigrant visa since they seem to stay here permanently. For rich people there is EB5 category, where they can "buy" green card, but how about normal people? Family based sponsored visa is another option, but unless someone is sponsoring for spouse/children/parents, it takes forever to get a green card under this category. I am just curious.

obirvine said:
Since this thread turned into more of a discussion on mainlanders, I have a question. How do these people come to US? I mean on what Visa? I am pretty sure they are not on non-immigrant visa since they seem to stay here permanently. For rich people there is EB5 category, where they can "buy" green card, but how about normal people? Family based sponsored visa is another option, but unless someone is sponsoring for spouse/children/parents, it takes forever to get a green card under this category. I am just curious.

The buying of green card is no. 1.  There are also quite a few H1 visas (engineers etc.) and student visas.

Irvinecommuter said:
The buying of green card is no. 1.  There are also quite a few H1 visas (engineers etc.) and student visas.

By far, they're a whole cottage industry of lawyers and money managers running seminars in SE Asia to do it.

Here are the methods of how Chinese obtain a green card:

1. parents, siblings (fake papers and false birth certificates issued by Chinese government)  and adult children (birth tourism anchor babies guarantee 18 years of temporary residency status for parents) then permanent after the kids turned 18.
2. spouses and fianc?s (fake marriages or spouse for hire)
3. green card lotteries
4. political asylum or refugee status (opposition to one child law, no freedom of religion, no human rights, political suppression, limited women's right to vote, no freedom of speech, intentionally criticize the government and being hunted by the communists, Great fire Wall imposed on Facebook, etc.
5. other categories like corporate sponsorships (dim sum chef at Capital seafood working for $2/hr), minimum quota investments (investments that promotes a better economy like buying a lot of RE, creating companies that offer employment to lawful US residents (foot massage places by hiring friends, or Yogurtland by hiring cheap child labor) all Chinese restaurants sponsor several dozens of workers, pay the work slaves nothing and deliberately drag out the application process to prolong the duration of slavery.

I'm sure it catches their eyes with the number 8.  Man, if the house you are selling has no 4s and all 8s, I can guarantee you it'll sell for more lol

yaliu07 said:
Why does most people here hate/dislike Chinese?  Because they are rich??

because they are screwing up the Irvine housing market with the plethora of cash.  Makes it harder for the average joe to afford housing in a desirable area aka everyone bitching and moaning.

On top of that they aren't adapting to the to what they believe is American culture and trying to turn Irvine into San Gabriel valley.  :'(

bones said:
ooops thanked homer by accident.  is there anyway to "unthank"

i think the 8's in the asking price is silly.  if someone (of any ethnicity) cared about certain numbers, they can just write an offer with those numbers in it.

It's the same reason they put a wok kitchen in the model homes.  Just makes it enticing for the FCB.  Why haggle a price with us loan folk when you can over price your house with a cash buyer.

Obviously you don't know much about green card lotteries, and I doubt you actually know any Chinese family in Irvine.

There may be some political asylum or refugee or fake marriage cases in Los Angeles, I don't know any here in Irvine however. All my Chinese friends in Irvine have H1B visa or employment-based green card (mostly EB2, some EB1 or EB3). Most of them have working couples, at least one of them own advanced degree (mostly PhD) in STEM (science technology engineering and mathematics).

irvinehomeshopper said:
Here are the methods of how Chinese obtain a green card:

1. parents, siblings (fake papers and false birth certificates issued by Chinese government)  and adult children (birth tourism anchor babies guarantee 18 years of temporary residency status for parents) then permanent after the kids turned 18.
2. spouses and fianc?s (fake marriages or spouse for hire)
3. green card lotteries
4. political asylum or refugee status (opposition to one child law, no freedom of religion, no human rights, political suppression, limited women's right to vote, no freedom of speech, intentionally criticize the government and being hunted by the communists, Great fire Wall imposed on Facebook, etc.
5. other categories like corporate sponsorships (dim sum chef at Capital seafood working for $2/hr), minimum quota investments (investments that promotes a better economy like buying a lot of RE, creating companies that offer employment to lawful US residents (foot massage places by hiring friends, or Yogurtland by hiring cheap child labor) all Chinese restaurants sponsor several dozens of workers, pay the work slaves nothing and deliberately drag out the application process to prolong the duration of slavery.

bones said:
ooops thanked homer by accident.  is there anyway to "unthank"

Log-in
Click the little red asterisk to the top-right of your name in the thanks.
Follow the directions on the screen

That is how it is designed to work. However, for whatever reason it hasn't worked in a while. Maybe it will work for you, though.

Back