Avila at Eastwood:

Irvine_is_awesome said:
We bought in Elderberry as well. Time will tell if it is a good buy. Hard to predict Market right now. We bought for long term, so not so worried about market. I am worried about whats coming next to it. They are grading lot of land next to it. and our lot is on that end, so I am concerned what will come there.

What area are you referring to specifically?  I thought Elderberry is occupying that corner of PS5A.

the.irvine said:
OC_relocation said:
We are going with Elderberry due to various reasons, major one is quite location on the top of hill,  new sports park plus brand new school for 2019. It may not appreciate as well as Avila but we are not paying that premium.

Congrats. Same here, we bought Elderberry last week. I never looked into Avila seriously but considered Juniper. After consulting with few people decided to go with EB. Time will tell if this is a good decision or not. I got into Plan 2.

Hope you enjoyed Elderberry.. your decision not of buying Avlia is probably right. 

We moved in this summer and found thin garage door corner seals damaged by rats easily and rats even managed to get inside the walls through the garage (I couldn't even believe it when my family told me that they heard rats chewing on 2nd floor). Hired third party pest control and caught two this Sat morning in garage.. Hopefully no more inside..
The frustrating part is I put a service ticket on Wed but no response.. Had to call and RA said they would dispatch someone to call us ASAP and hours later someone called and told us we needed to contact local RA reps and hung up on us.. pretty impressive customer service nowadays!

Don't you have the local rep's number, the one who did the final walkthrough with you?  My RAH contact was great, took care of stuff after the 1 year mark no problems and went out of their way to fix certain items.  Maybe I just got lucky with our rep.  I have RAH's OC VP # if you don't get any help.

We had mice due to construction since we were phase 1 and due to a park they built across the street that was a dirt lot when we moved in.  DIY drywall putty and steel wool, never had a problem again, our neighbors used snap traps around their house and caught a bunch which probably helped us too.

yxc206 said:
We moved in this summer and found thin garage door corner seals damaged by rats easily and rats even managed to get inside the walls through the garage (I couldn't even believe it when my family told me that they heard rats chewing on 2nd floor). Hired third party pest control and caught two this Sat morning in garage.. Hopefully no more inside..
The frustrating part is I put a service ticket on Wed but no response.. Had to call and RA said they would dispatch someone to call us ASAP and hours later someone called and told us we needed to contact local RA reps and hung up on us.. pretty impressive customer service nowadays!

thanks a lot for the notes..

you were lucky to have a good rep.. The rep we deal with came on Monday (this morning) after we put through a ticket on last Wed and told us he couldn't do anything.. His mgmt instructed not to offer anything.. lol  I can't imagine they treat home buyers this way nowadays..

another rat was caught this morning inside garage.. can't fix the dry wall before we can make sure that no rats are inside..

akkord said:
Don't you have the local rep's number, the one who did the final walkthrough with you?  My RAH contact was great, took care of stuff after the 1 year mark no problems and went out of their way to fix certain items.  Maybe I just got lucky with our rep.  I have RAH's OC VP # if you don't get any help.

We had mice due to construction since we were phase 1 and due to a park they built across the street that was a dirt lot when we moved in.  DIY drywall putty and steel wool, never had a problem again, our neighbors used snap traps around their house and caught a bunch which probably helped us too.

yxc206 said:

I don't know the price difference but I know that the KB rep in Elderberry (Allen H.) is awesome. For the last 9 months it's been as simple as a text to get something fixed or looked at.

He is both the service rep and the super intendant so he is always on site.

Is it rats or mice? I know there are field mice around the area, but rats are a far worse problem.

We have had nothing but impeccable customer service from CalPacific. Everything from the sales process to minor fixes after moving in have been handled quickly and professionally. I hear this all around from people who have purchased a CalPacific home.

Back