Avila at Eastwood:

Looking for a 4 Bed SFH. We liked Avila, here is how they priced at

Spencer(Approx 2600 SQFT): 1.4M+ for approx. 3650 lot size

Largest plan(2850~): 1.5M+ with 5200 lot, and 1.6M for 10,000 lot.

What you folks think about price, location, and lot sizes for these homes. Ideally we want to spend less, hence 1.4M is very attractive to us. Any concerns?

We looked at Altair, its nice but very high taxes. With new tax changes in 2018, it wont make sense. We are not FCBs.

We are also considering Elderberry at Portola Springs. Slightly bigger home(2900 SQFT~), almost same lot size ( 3640 ~),  but 150K cheaper than Avilla.

Not much difference in floor plans though, both will work for us.

Avila is at 150K premium for same home size and lot compared to Elderberry. Although I like location of Elderberry better, but I believe Avilla will appreciate more in future because it closer to stonegate etc. Am I right, in paying 150K more for being close to shopping :)

Did you account that it?s a high end exclusive gated community. Next to a future golf course across the street or area.

There are few expert realtors on this forum such as USC, they can probably shed more light on it as well. Putting things in perspective

Time it takes to get from Avila to Elderberry: 5-7 mins max

Price difference: Avilla ( 10% expensive)

Go figure this out, and buy what you can afford.

We are going with Elderberry due to various reasons, major one is quite location on the top of hill,  new sports park plus brand new school for 2019. It may not appreciate as well as Avila but we are not paying that premium.

OC_relocation said:
We are going with Elderberry due to various reasons, major one is quite location on the top of hill,  new sports park plus brand new school for 2019. It may not appreciate as well as Avila but we are not paying that premium.

Congrats. Same here, we bought Elderberry last week. I never looked into Avila seriously but considered Juniper. After consulting with few people decided to go with EB. Time will tell if this is a good decision or not. I got into Plan 2.

the.irvine said:
OC_relocation said:

Congrats. Same here, we bought Elderberry last week. I never looked into Avila seriously but considered Juniper. After consulting with few people decided to go with EB. Time will tell if this is a good decision or not. I got into Plan 2.

Congrats to both of you.

Elderberry provides better value and it?s located on the best location in the PS, you guys going to love it.

Burn That Belly said:
eyephone said:
Pain tolerance?

Yeah. Let?s say you want this house bad. Prime lot and location. You prefer to spend $1M but now you gotta dig deeper (401k, IRA, borrow from family) just to get the home you want since the builder wants $1.2M. And if you don?t buy it, someone else behind you will. And in 6 months, you know you?ll be sorry if you didn?t buy it since the price went up. Then the home you?re offered is now the same price as the one you wanted six months ago only it?s not a prime lot/location. That?s the ?pain? I?m talking about.

How many folks on TI wished they bought plan 3 Delano the day it came out? Nearly a 20% appreciation in just under 2 years..

I would never live in an attached home. (unless I really have to)

Somehow, wind is blowing in other direction--hottest product in market is :Delano. And earlier it was Helena :)

We bought in Elderberry as well. Time will tell if it is a good buy. Hard to predict Market right now. We bought for long term, so not so worried about market. I am worried about whats coming next to it. They are grading lot of land next to it. and our lot is on that end, so I am concerned what will come there.

Back