Average Income in Irvine

What do you think the average *real* income in Irvine is?

• Less than $100k

Votes: 8 14.5%
  • $100k

Votes: 15 27.3%
  • $200k

Votes: 26 47.3%
  • $300k

Votes: 2 3.6%
  • More than $300k

Votes: 4 7.3%

• Total voters
USCTrojanCPA said:
akim997 said:
I've always thought it was weird when people say how much they make...  even when nobody asked.  It's also awkward when people ask how much I make, I just answer "never enough"  and change the subject. 

In my past experience, those who readily volunteer such information (if doing well) have deep seeded insecurities regarding themselves.   
I just answer those who ask me by saying....more than some but less than some others.

If you want an asian girlfriend/wife, you better start slinging numbers around. I'm talking inflate by 20 to 30 percent. Lots of asian women love talking about numbers, it's like foreplay to them.

irvinehomeshopper said:
They also like 250 roses climax but foreplay will cost 1,250 roses. It is a part of a GFE package. Asians love numbers.

250 roses?  You are getting ripped off. Plenty of Korean outfits in irvine much cheaper than that.

IndieDev said:
USCTrojanCPA said:
akim997 said:
I've always thought it was weird when people say how much they make...  even when nobody asked.  It's also awkward when people ask how much I make, I just answer "never enough"  and change the subject. 

In my past experience, those who readily volunteer such information (if doing well) have deep seeded insecurities regarding themselves.   
I just answer those who ask me by saying....more than some but less than some others.

If you want an asian girlfriend/wife, you better start slinging numbers around. I'm talking inflate by 20 to 30 percent. Lots of asian women love talking about numbers, it's like foreplay to them.
Awww man, that sounds like too much work and effort.  It'd be far easier to just marry a rich FBCer's daughter. 

USCTrojanCPA said:
IndieDev said:
USCTrojanCPA said:
akim997 said:

Awww man, that sounds like too much work and effort.  It'd be far easier to just marry a rich FBCer's daughter.

They are even worse. You want a mother-in-law constantly asking you why her daughter isn't pregnant yet? You want to be force fed grounded rhino horn as an aphrodisiac? That's what you're going to get.

MovingOnUp said:
so_scared said:
MovingOnUp said:
so_scared said:
MovingOnUp said:
Second statement if you learned how to read, you'd know was made up.

MovingOnUp said:
So again, an expensive insurance policy against disaster.  No disaster, no need.

What part did I make up?

MovingOnUp said:
Third statement, based on the poll in this thread, my wife and I make over 200k. Whether or not we can afford it, I'm sure there's people who make less that have shopped there.

MovingOnUp said:
And know that I can't afford to be buying bags from bottega.

Now, post where I stated I was

1) A korean girl.
2) I have family money
3) Live in IAC.

Thanks for playing.

By no disaster no need, meant no need for RICH parents. I think everyone eventually understood the distinction except you.

I'm of the mindset that you need to make 7 figures to shop at a store like bottega.

Look man, if you want to show your appreciation to your mom by buying something for her that she will appreciate that you wouldn't even buy for yourself, then good for you [and your understanding wife.]

But don't make assumptions about other people you don't know jack about...

Don't go telling Davenlei that you know for a fact that he would have acted given xx....you don't. Who the heck are you that you know for a fact he would have done xx?

Don't pretend like you know jack about me....you don't.

Show some respect, then I will do the same.

Hard to respect someone who refers to themselves as a loser. What's worse are those who start it, but can't finish it. Really, you're going to act like you didn't do the same? puh-lease.

As for daven, seriously? He's wishfully thinking his shortcomings are a result of not having wealthy parents. As if no poor person w/ a family made themselves into a multi-millionaire. As if any rich kid who is independently successful says, "let me take more risks, who cares, I got mommy and daddy". Be real. Daven really doesn't take chances because he has kids now, not because his parents aren't rich...ridiculous.

Moving on up,  I never said I had short comings.  I am happy with the life I have worked hard for.  I said if I had that type of situation I would not worry as much about being more risky.  There is a big difference there.  For someone to profess they know what someone is thinking and what that person would do based on the very little knowledge gained from a web forum makes me laugh. 

LAtoOC said:
Mother in Laws are easy to handle, just walk out naked when they come over and they will stop coming over.

LOL!  That actually happened to me once!  I walked out when I did not know my Mother in Law came over and she got the full show.  It was hilarious!

No, he shouldn't show any signs of weakness. That would cause him to lose face.

The proper response would be to stare back at her, directly into her eyes, until she is humbled by your show of strength and leadership.

davenlei said:
irvinehomeshopper said:
Did you lose your woody?

LOL!  All I can say is she seemed more embarrased than me.  It was a funny breakfast that morning.

I'm impressed that you stayed to eat breakfast!

I would have screamed and hidden in my room if I accidentally walked in naked in front of my father-in-law. I cringe just thinking about it, actually.

IndieDev said:
Asian people.  :D

After reading this thread, I'm glad I'm not Asian.  It sounds like an awful lot of pressure.  Well in truth, it's not from reading this thread, but from seeing what some of my Asian friends in high school went through.  I remember sitting in a Denny's late one night my senior year, while a friend of mine was practically crying because he didn't get into Harvard and was attending lowly Stanford instead.  This was hard for me to relate to.  I had just spent 4 years having the time of my life, going to parties, being crazy, and making memories that I still look back on fondly.  He missed out on all that and still felt like a failure.  I really felt bad for him.

For some people... they think going to an Ivy is the only measure of success.

I don't agree with that... there are many people who have gone to "lower tier" schools and are doing just fine.

That also depends on what industry you are going into... but there are many asians who are happy with their kids getting into a CalState or UC.

Where does irvinehomeshopper want his kid to go to college?

irvinehomeowner said:

I think it will be an up-and-coming, prestigious college, yet somehow will still be a secret and none of us will have heard of it yet...and it will also somehow offer free tuition and room and board for Santa Ana residents. :)

irvinehomeowner said:
For some people... they think going to an Ivy is the only measure of success.

I don't agree with that... there are many people who have gone to "lower tier" schools and are doing just fine.

That also depends on what industry you are going into... but there are many asians who are happy with their kids getting into a CalState or UC.

To be sure, going to an Ivy is a great accomplishment, but I'm not sure it's worth killing yourself for.  A lot of it seems to be driven by the parent's desire to brag that their kid attends a certain school.  Big deal.  When are these kids going to enjoy life if not in high school and college?  They are being robbed in my opinion.  Once they get into an Ivy, then they need to shoot for the best grad school, and after that open a medical/law practice as soon as possible to start making the big money so their parents can be proud, never once stopping to enjoy life, and with their younger years completely squandered.  If the majority of posters on this board really do fit this profile, hopefully they will rethink the wisdom of putting their kids through the same thing they went through. 

Pomona College, Claremont McKenna or Scripps. More than 1/2 of you have heard little about these schools and will be googling them after reading this.

At Pomona there are few students attending the school. The annual endowment /students= over a $1m/student.

No It is not Cal Poly in case you ask.

irvinehomeowner said:

irvinehomeshopper said:
What your friends got for $300k now is an attached project. In 1995 an attached project in Oakcreek was $120,000.

Oak Park condo in Oak Creek (on Gelson's side), plan 1 (1 bed) in early phase was $110,000.  By 1999 it was $165,000.  In 2005-2006 the value peaked at $430,000-ish.  Current selling price is $280k'ish.

Back