Average Income in Irvine

What do you think the average *real* income in Irvine is?

• Less than $100k

Votes: 8 14.5%
  • $100k

Votes: 15 27.3%
  • $200k

Votes: 26 47.3%
  • $300k

Votes: 2 3.6%
  • More than $300k

Votes: 4 7.3%

• Total voters
irvinehomeshopper said:
I did not say all rich kids go to UNI either.  You did say you believe a poor kid could attend UNI and I will argue with you on this statement alone. There is not a single kid attending UNI is poor. Economically it is not possible for a poor family living in the area. Not wealthy is a yes but poor is a definite no.

Again, inaccurate statement.  Years back when El Toro Marine Base was still around, the "base kids" were zoned to Uni. These "base kids" were by no means wealthy.

qwerty said:
Lete clarify - Asians are mentally superior to other races, but not physically. Asians still have little peepee's ;-)
If it is true one could ease the pain and compensating by buying the biggest McMansion with a high garage count.

I also remembered dinosaurs were attending UNI too. You got to be kidding the base closed in the 90s.
kalbi said:
irvinehomeshopper said:
I did not say all rich kids go to UNI either.  You did say you believe a poor kid could attend UNI and I will argue with you on this statement alone. There is not a single kid attending UNI is poor. Economically it is not possible for a poor family living in the area. Not wealthy is a yes but poor is a definite no.

Again, inaccurate statement.  Years back when El Toro Marine Base was still around, the "base kids" were zoned to Uni. These "base kids" were by no means wealthy.

irvinehomeshopper said:
Are you saying there are poors living in Irvine and renting at Park West is for poor folks. I think your definition of poors is all jacked up. Have you checked the rent there compared to the 3 digit rent over at Old Tustin or Santa Ana. IAC is known for the highest rent and highly ammenitized so renting an IAC is not exactly for the poors. Trojanman rents an IAC so is he poor? I don't think you know what poor is. Lower income renters in Irvine comparatively are a lot wealthier than the families who sent their kids to Middle College my friend. Poors is when you can't afford even a family car and the family takes a bus. Have you seen Irvine residents take a bus in Irvine? It is always the maids leaving or going to work or commuter students going to UCI.

rkp said:
irvinehomeshopper said:
When I first read it the intent was implied that Uni is better than CDM even at a economic disadvantage position from CDM. Really! The rich spoiled kid from Turtle rock, first time driver driving a brand new car who scraped our dear member is deprived from living like the top .000000000001% of the super rich should be commended for scoring a higher API for UNI.

its funny how you perceive the world.  when you think of uni, you think of rich spoiled turtle rock kid even though turtle rock is a very small population of uni students.  there are far more people living in the irvine rental communities that feed into uni than people who live in turtle rock SFRs.  and of the rental communities, you have ones like park west which is the cheapest IAC community and attracts much lower incomes than the rest.  so while you see a rich spoiled TR kid at uni, i can see a poor park west kid going to uni. 

lol...different argument, same goons. good luck arguing w/ rkp and so_scurred/so_screwed/so_not a korean married mom.

RKP- so judgemental - so people who live in park west are all poor?  a taste of your own medicine.

qwerty said:
Lete clarify - Asians are mentally superior to other races, but not physically. Asians still have little peepee's ;-)

Asians don't care about physical attributes as long as it's compensated by some monetary value. Last time I checked it's about $100,000 a year salary per inch.

davenlei said:
IndieDev said:
Patrick J. Star said:
Was down in Irvine this past weekend for the first time in months, and found ourselves going north (east?) on Jeffrey over the 5. As we crest the freeway overpass Mrs. Star gasps and says, "WTF is that, the projects??!!"   Look to my right and to my surprise see a massive amount of communal housing sitting right on the north side of freeway --- I guess that is what is called Cypress Village?  That's all new since our last trip to your fair city.  Made me think of this thread, all those apartments can't be good for the average income in Irvine. 

Amazing what is TIC doing to ruin in such a short period of time the beautiful city they built in the 80's - mid 2000's.

I've been saying it since 2005. Irvine's infrastructure is going to really be tested in the next decade. In 1998 I could go get gas on Main/Harvard without having to even wait in line, always a free spot at any time of the day. Try getting gas at the Shell over there now from 9am to 6pm. If you're not waiting behind at least 1-2 cars, consider yourself fortunate.

That is one of the reasons I uprooted from Irvine after 10 years and moved down south.  Breathing room!

By 2020, a lot of people are going to wish they made the same move.

irvinehomeshopper said:
I also remembered dinosaurs were attending UNI too. You got to be kidding the base closed in the 90s.
kalbi said:
irvinehomeshopper said:

I thought aliens destroyed the base, but Will Smith got us some "get back!"

IndieDev said:
qwerty said:

Asians don't care about physical attributes as long as it's compensated by some monetary value. Last time I checked it's about $100,000 a year salary per inch.

lol. so does that mean you get a 5 to 12 inch discount from your Asian?  :p

so_scared said:
IndieDev said:
qwerty said:

lol. so does that mean you get a 5 to 12 inch discount from your Asian?  :p

Let's just say I'm practically black in that department.

MovingOnUp said:
RKP- so judgemental - so people who live in park west are all poor?  a taste of your own medicine.

thats a fair point MovingOnUp.  i do believe the average income of the tenants at Park West is less than the average income of tenants of any other IAC building.  that doesnt mean poor and i didnt intend to start a discussion about what is poor and what isnt poor.  my point was that Uni isnt a bunch of rich TR kids as there is a much greater population of IAC units that feeds to Uni than TR SFRs.  i *believe* that CDM has more SFRs than rental units feeding to its high school and i imagine the average income of the parents is higher but again, i really dont know the CDM area that well. 

irvinehomeshopper said:

your initial comments suggested that you see Uni as a land of rich TR SFR students who drive expensive cars and are inconsiderate.  my point was to only show that many different income strata make up uni population.  as stated above, i didnt intend to paint park west as poor and  i never said i believe a poor kid could attend Uni. 

you seem to be arguing a point that i am not making.  i generally agree with you that "There is not a single kid attending UNI is poor" so no argument here.  i say generally because i have no idea what your concept of poor is compared to mine.  i definitely can see a struggling family living in an IAC unit sending their child to uni.  i am not saying thats the bulk or anything like that but i definitely can see that happening. 

If you check the student population at UNI. White, yellow and hairy total to 90 something percentage. I haven't heard of a struggling family in these demographic. The few black kids attending UNI are also well off from affluent families.

According to greatschools.org, 7% of the student population at Uni is eligible for free or reduced price lunch, which is the same percentage as Irvine High, and slightly higher than Woodbridge (6%) and Northwood (3%).

Whether that is a reliable determinant of student richness or poorness--I don't know, just throwing it out there.

Incidentally, the state average is 52%.

irvinehomeshopper said:
I haven't heard of a struggling family in these demographic.

who cares if you heard of it or havent heard of it?  i dont understand what you are trying to prove. 

thank you traceimage - i didnt think to look for that.  with 7% of uni eligible for free or reduced lunch, i hope IHS can imagine a few of those folks as struggling. 

http://www.rental-living.com/Communities/Park-West/Prices-And-Floorplans/

At these rent prices it is near the comp of most IACs, How could you consider the renters struggling. The project is old but IAC a few years ago has refurbished the interior with luxury spec level. Old does not mean cheap rent. Bren sees old as less density and more open space and that level of extra privacy and natural landscape is worth $$$$. When the apt is in the UNI district the rents reflect that as well.

The free lunch thing has a simple explanation. FCBs buy the home with cash for their wives, mistresses and children. The occupants of the homes do not have jobs. Fathers work in China and do not pay taxes to uncle Sam. These families legally have no income. They are legal residents with no job. They are Children from families with < $60k/yr therefore will receive free education from the Ivys and other top tier schools. In the meanwhile free lunches. Shady is the Beverly Hills of Irvine and TRock is the San Marino of Irvine. A struggling family in either place just don't sound right.

irvinehomeshopper said:
The free lunch thing has a simple explanation. FCBs buy the home with cash for their wives, mistresses and children. The occupants of the homes do not have jobs. Fathers work in China and do not pay taxes to uncle Sam. These families legally have no income. They are legal residents with no job. They are Children from families with < $60k/yr therefore will receive free education from the Ivys and other top tier schools. In the meanwhile free lunches. Shady is the Beverly Hills of Irvine and TRock is the San Marino of Irvine. A struggling family in either place just don't sound right.
Which is why the "actual" income in Irvine is higher.

Back