400 buyers waiting for new homes

FYI, since many are interested in how the 2010 collection is disbursed, I received a call from Sonoma today to let us know that we had the option to purchase in the second phase. We have until noon tomorrow to decide, most likely we will defer, but might check out the lots and options to see what the all-in pricing will end up being.

Prices on the 2 available Plan 2s were 807,200 (smallest lot at 3420 sq ft) and 895,200 (which has the largest lot at 6000 sq ft.).

[quote author="irvinekoolaid"]FYI, since many are interested in how the 2010 collection is disbursed, I received a call from Sonoma today to let us know that we had the option to purchase in the second phase. We have until noon tomorrow to decide, most likely we will defer, but might check out the lots and options to see what the all-in pricing will end up being.

Prices on the 2 available Plan 2s were 807,200 (smallest lot at 3420 sq ft) and 895,200 (which has the largest lot at 6000 sq ft.). [/quote]
A $90k lot premium for 2,500 more sf on a lot? haha

[quote author="irvinekoolaid"]FYI, since many are interested in how the 2010 collection is disbursed, I received a call from Sonoma today to let us know that we had the option to purchase in the second phase. We have until noon tomorrow to decide, most likely we will defer, but might check out the lots and options to see what the all-in pricing will end up being.

Prices on the 2 available Plan 2s were 807,200 (smallest lot at 3420 sq ft) and 895,200 (which has the largest lot at 6000 sq ft.). [/quote]
Thanks for the update. Did they tell you what number you were on the pre reg list?

Although I am amazed at the initial interest (via the people at the sales offices/models not the reported numbers) I do think they will eventually become like other new housing in Irvine where you can walk in and be able to choose from their current phase. It's the reason we didn't feel a need to register (other than no 3-car garage plans were being built).

I think in a few months, anyone could probably go to one of the offices and get a "deal" on a fall out sale where the original buyer dropped out due to lack of financing or being able to wire the funds from his overseas bank account.

I still think these prices are insane. It's all those exhibitionist fathers who send their kids to Irvine schools while they tend their 1 acre lots without their pants on.

I also think the price increase has more to do with the conservatory room option being available for the home. Additional 150 sq ft for the home so at $325/ft, it would be an additional $50K. Lot premium looks to be around $40K.

Well... this information that I got should end all disputes about the true demand of at least Santa Cruz in the 2010 collection. We have people on here talking about how they registered at 10:01am, or 10:02am (like me). Well, my friend registered almost 3 weeks after the priority list opened up and she received a call today from the sales office, telling her that "one home is left from phase 1, BUT there is one buyer in front of her." I have a feeling that buyer will magically defer and the lot may be hers.

In any case, she's pretty excited to buy and probably feels very special that she's so close now...

I also stopped by Coronado and I initially thought Phase 1 and 2 were sold out, but when I looked at the site map, I see two plans have a "reserved" pin on them. Also stopped by the model for my plan and they did a pretty good job. I need to have the wife work at pottery barn part time so I can get the cool decorations.....

This is the Chinese secret I learned in Chinatown during the early 70's. Restaurants owners had their Chinese friends and relatives lined up as bogus customers.

Caucasians searching for a good restaurant on Broadway Chinatown saw the line and immediately fell for the trap. Reporters also published photos in newspaper. "400 customers waiting in line for the best Chinese food in LA". The white folks were extremely courteous and questioned why they got seated first. The restaurant owner said "you are very lucky today there is only one table left for your smaller party so you better sit down right away. The Chinese customers are together and they are waiting for the large family style banquet table.

Later the same evening a large party of Caucasian asked the same question then of course the Chinese customers are waiting for the small tables.

In both cases the Caucasians were very happy to have gotten a table right away. The food was not that great IMO but the customers thought the Chop Suey and sweet and sour pork were very authentic.

This New Home reservation scheme not only sound and smell fishy to me but so many people felt for it over and over again is just alarming. Everyone will get a phone call on that last lucky unit and another one that just fell out of financing.

Next time ask them to show you a list of the people that is ahead of you with contact information that you can verify. "Oh that is confidential information and I can't release them" Yeah right, I know about the family style banquet table too.

[quote author="graceomalley"]

No Chinese wife for me. Me no like carry Chinese wife purse and she carry my wallet when she shop for more purse. Chinese wife make me judo chop relatives at Chinese restaurant to snatch the bill. Chinese wife make me go to Longo Toyota. Chinese wife like 3 car garage.

[/quote]

You have no idea what you are talking about BK. I'd never be caught dead in a stinking Toyota.

[quote author="ck"]You have no idea what you are talking about BK. I'd never be caught dead in a stinking Toyota. [/quote]
[looks at Toyota minivan parked outside]
You hurt my emotions.

At sonoma, some of the premium is dependent on the elevation (still don't understand why thy use this term for the facade). For instance a Montery style (balcony) is 30K more than a tustin.

They also confirmed with me yesterday that the customer will have the choice of a conservatory or cali room/patio.

Today is not your good day. You got pick on a lot today so I wish you a very happy evening. Don't forget to mark your calendar Jan 22nd.

Where is my new buddy FCB? We can Hop Sing inside his Astro Jump.

[quote author="irvinehomeowner"]
[quote author="ck"]You have no idea what you are talking about BK. I'd never be caught dead in a stinking Toyota. [/quote]
You hurt my emotions.[/quote]

Time to get with the program, IHO:

gal_lg10.jpg

[quote author="nytransplant"]At sonoma, some of the premium is dependent on the elevation (still don't understand why thy use this term for the facade). For instance a Montery style (balcony) is 30K more than a tustin.

They also confirmed with me yesterday that the customer will have the choice of a conservatory or cali room/patio. [/quote]

Monterey has a cantilevered deck where the beams are 8x structural finish grade. The beams are expensive compared to Tuscan but not at a difference of $30k . The deck wholesale at 8K -12K max for a top of the line finish the one at Sonoma is resawn (rough finish) which is somewhere at the average. 30K is a very steep profit. Choose the Tuscan because future resale of the same plans would be the same. Why spend the extra $30k?

[quote author="ck"]
You hurt my emotions.[/quote]

gal_lg10.jpg
[/quote]
That's so 2000 and late... it's all about the 2011 Sienna... Sports Edition:
1_2011_toyota_sienna.jpg

Toooyoootaaasaaaayyeeeed!

Yeah, that 2011 Sienna is great IHO. But how's it gonna look when the pedals get stuck and you crash through your 3CWG in it? DOH!

That's not called "stuck pedal", that's called "cruise control".

I may be 1/8th (or is that 1/16th?) Chinese... but I drive like an Italian... floormat malfunctions got nothing on me.

[quote author="ck"]

gal_lg10.jpg
[/quote]
That's so 2000 and late... it's all about the 2011 Sienna... Sports Edition:
1_2011_toyota_sienna.jpg

Toooyoootaaasaaaayyeeeed!

[/quote]

Sienna sports edition... LOL! Remind me to never pull up next to you at a stop light. You will probably want to drag race with me with your 3 kids in the back. <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) -->

Yeah... I almost laughed when Toyota announced that trim level for the 2011 Siennas. I was thinking to myself "Hmmm... someone over there must have read my post about putting flames on the side of my Sienna to make it look faster".

It's supposed to have a sports-tuned suspension, 19" tires and distinct exterior/interior mods to separate it from the other trim levels. That particular model doesn't come out until June or so... I doubt I can wait that long.

[quote author="irvinehomeowner"]Yeah... I almost laughed when Toyota announced that trim level for the 2011 Siennas. I was thinking to myself "Hmmm... someone over there must have read my post about putting flames on the side of my Sienna to make it look faster".

It's supposed to have a sports-tuned suspension, 19" tires and distinct exterior/interior mods to separate it from the other trim levels. That particular model doesn't come out until June or so... I doubt I can wait that long.[/quote]

Try the Mazda CX9...very nice design, fun to drive, useful cargo space and seating, and great auto awards/reviews.

Back