400 buyers waiting for new homes

[quote author="graceomalley"]

My drive is only 8 minutes to Irvine to enjoy all the amenities, retail and services that you help to pay for with your tax dollars for my enjoyment.

I have the ultimate quality of life without having to pay much for it because I live off the expenses of brand conscientious people.
[/quote]

Grace, it sounds like you are supporting Irvine's lifestyle with your tax dollars if you are choosing to spend your money there and not where you live. Your Irvine property taxes (albeit probably very low) are supporting Irvine schools and having your daughter attend school there probably means the State of California is sending money to Irvine on her behalf and not where you live.

[quote author="graceomalley"]Other than Irvine you have really no clue of other projects happening outside of this city. Tremont was sold out in 4 months in FV with home prices averaging $1.4 million. Lotus Walk has a long list of interested buyers before the project is being released.
[/quote]
Uh... I do go to new builders in South County and have watched how long it took for that Santa Ana project off the 5 to finally sell through. The Anaheim Lofts and the Santa Ana Lofts were other interesting projects to follow but don't really compare as there are not SFR projects.

I've also looked at Tremont (I was on that thread on the IHB) and in your effort to prove your superiority over me, you forget the pertinent points of information. "Averaging $1.4 mil" is hyperbole, their plans started at $900k and topped out at just below $1.1m... and the price per square foot averages LESS than $300/sft. Those homes are also 3000-4000sft and there are NO Mello Roos and NO HOA. The new Woodbury offerings are MORE than $325/sft and range from 2000-2900sft and there are MRs AND HOAs. So that goes back to my original statement:

"...having this many buyers in this downturn at these prices is ridiculous."

If Tremont were those prices but only 2000-2800sft homes and had
MRs and HOAs... you would have point... unfortunately your example becomes less effective when we get passed the exaggerations.

How can you really be qualified to make assessment when you do not have little universal knowledge of housing projects that are happening in other OC cities? These are just 2 examples. When you do not read them in the paper it does not mean they do not exist. You got to stop reading the freebies in your mail box and door steps. Do you read the paper? or just the internet corporate censored editorials.
Who cares if I'm qualified or not? It's my opinion. You probably don't know anything about how to design software yet I would be interested to know what you think about proper user interfaces. And I do read the paper, probably more than most... I may be the only one who still subscribes to the OC Register in my neighborhood.

FCBs comes in cycle pending on the China economy and it is not sustainable. Guess what happen to RE when Chinese found other destinations. Have you heard of Hacienda Heights, Walnut's Amar Road, Monterey Hills, and Montebello Racquet Mountain and what happen to their RE prices when wealthy Chinese decided to move away in grove like the way they abandoned Chinatown, Monterey Park, Alhambra, temple City and migrated eastward to Arcadia, Rowland Heights, Diamond Bar and Chino Hills.

This residency cycle from my research last only___ years before they will migrate to other cities. I expanded the Chinese community in Irvine and I do still hold the secret. Here is another trivia for you: I lived in Diamond Bar in 1980 way before the Chinese migration. The key is buy low predicting the Chinese migratory direction then sell high. I was already in Irvine by the mid 80's.

I wont post the juicy info here.

Other home companies don't have large PR department lying through their teeth and robbing your yard size to pay for the TV commercials and indoctrinating lifestyle.
See... now when you refrain from trying to analyze my "worthiness" you come up with gold like this. This is the stuff that makes you legendary.

You have sheeple mentality and easily get tricked by the media. Theses signs are indication that you are not really a leader but a follower by letting a corporation dictates how you should live your life, which big box retails you should shop at, which business park you should work at, Which pocket parks you should go play at, what color you must paint your house, door, and shutters, you must BBQ in a California Room, you must learn to like Olive and Pepper trees, you must accept a motor court as your front door, you must smell what your neighbor ate last night, you must close your windows and shut up when you bang your spouse, you must keep an eye out for those trying to convert California Room to interior space, you must pay this fee, you must not park here, you must not store things in the garage, you must notify the committee before holding a large party, and you must follow more rules.
If you actually believe this about me, then you really do not know me. I doubt even your favorite buddy graph thinks this about me.

The good thing is you do not have to wear a Mao pin but I do pity your institutional and Stepford way of life. For someone who has a leadership voice in this forum you are really just another sheep getting step on by the corporate developers.
That's your opinion. I think you are reading my posts incorrectly. I don't like how TIC has priced these projects, I still think they are way too high for what you get and while I understand people want to buy them... I personally wouldn't. And that is what my post was about... I am amazed at how high the interest is.

Instead of getting caught up in critiquing my "leadership" (which makes me laugh because I don't consider any one of us more than the other) you should get back to just letting us know where this sheeple mentality comes from (which you did very well although as a way to try to insult me).

The middle part of your post is a gem... everything else that you're trying to misdirect to me is unnecessary. Stop trying to make up for lost fights and stick to the subject... because that's where you excel.

You're wasting your time trying to analyze me... I'm nothing compared to you... just a home owner in Irvine.

EDIT: Typos.

[quote author="roundcorners"]I was talking to a laid-offed architect who worked for the firm that help designed Woodbury, he mentioned that Bren wouldn't want to do alley loaded products ever again. He likes the master plan design but doesn't want to live here. He chooses to live in Mesa Verde where there are elements of a master plan without all the draw backs, he said...[/quote]

Larger properties, single story, total freedom, no HOA, no fees, and best value for the money. Was he from JZMK?

To be employed in this cut throat industry one must have one or both of the follwings. Talent and lick the developers ass. You all know which one I don't have. [/quote]

I didn't even get his name, I forgot who he worked for... we were both standing in line at the court house on Tuesday...

He and a architect I know from church have started their own business, both mentioned that commercial is doing well, which I though was counter intuitive...

The herd mentality is one of the huge stumbling blocks for me to own in Irvine; I have always overpay for things I that obsessed over, whether it was a mountain bike, electronics, laptops or sports car...

the counter argument is that, I'm not necessarily looking to make a killer return in Irvine, I just don't want to loose my shirt and if there is something reasonably livable to our living standards and affordable, meaning not getting into a bidding war with a FCB, then I will call Irvine my home...

IHO,

I would be terribly disappointed if you decide to buy any of the new homes and especially Sonoma. I should know you better that we agree that the homes are way over priced. BTW Sonoma is fugly. Entry is next to the garage. Inside is decent but I can't get pass the front door. I tried to puke but I could not find a decent piece of grass out at the front.

OCRegister is not a good paper. They don't publish their sponsors' property name but they do publish non sponsors' property names for crime site. It is no longer journalism when one holds back the truth. Pick another paper.

My statement blankets across the whole herd not just you so don't bear the burden personally.

regarding Tremont you listed the selling price and you are correct but the closing price with extensive options are what I was referring to. I am glad to see you driving out of your comfort zone.

[quote author="graceomalley"]IHO,

I would be terribly disappointed if you decide to buy any of the new homes and especially Sonoma. I should know you better that we agree that the homes are way over priced. BTW Sonoma is fugly. Entry is next to the garage. Inside is decent but I can't get pass the front door. I tried to puke but I could not find a decent piece of grass out at the front.

OCRegister is not a good paper. They don't publish their sponsors' property name but they do publish non sponsors' property names for crime site. It is no longer journalism when one holds back the truth. Pick another paper.

My statement blankets across the whole herd not just you so don't bear the burden personally.

regarding Tremont you listed the selling price and you are correct but the closing price with extensive options are what I was referring to. I am glad to see you driving out of your comfort zone.[/quote]

I'm part of the herd =T

[quote author="graceomalley"]The strategy is like commodity. Buy low and sell high. Irvine has already surpassed that stage. The margin is no longer there. I do not see Sonoma in a few years worth 1.4 mil or Woodbury appreciate to $2 millions.

Those days are gone to be exact were 1996-2000 in Northwood, Northpark, Newport Coast, West Irvine and Oakcreek. Resale prices triple and especially for Mahogany (the best design) sold for 6x the initial purchase price. ($398,000 for the plan 1 and sold for over $2 mil to a Chinese buyer)

When Chinese want them bad they will outbid each other to 3x your initial investment so the concept is to study their migratory pattern and buy now while it is still the cheapest and hold for 5 years.

I set a trust and bought a detached condo in Ghetto 714 Irvine for $258K knowing that Chinese will migrate to West Irvine.

Aldea was another gem for $285.9K the day (9-11-01) when presale was at the trailer.

Investment in Irvine today is like buying Google and Apple at peak prices. The margin is not there for profit.

I have been tracking this for 30 years in the Bay Area, NY, Vancouver, and SoCal. There are pattern and signs. I will post this subject at Blank site.

Here is a secret that I can share with you. I keep a detached house in Irvine that I bought for less than 300k and I send my daughter to the local school. I live on an estate size property in another city with way too many parking spaces and no neighbors in sight. I walk naked in my yard.

I bought low and sold high to Chinese buyers.

My drive is only 8 minutes to Irvine to enjoy all the amenities, retail and services that you help to pay for with your tax dollars for my enjoyment.

I have the ultimate quality of life without having to pay much for it because I live off the expenses of brand conscientious people.
[/quote]

Hello everybody,

I foreign chinese buyer and will telling you where we go next. Please PM me and I PM you with mine paypal account #. $1,000 only and you will know secret where we going next...it already beginning so you must act fast! Tomorrow two late.

Thank you reading,

[quote author="graceomalley"]Investment in Irvine today is like buying Google and Apple at peak prices. The margin is not there for profit.[/quote]
Absolutely the truth... unless you are not buying for profit or investment... and just buying a place to live.

The first two homes I bought, I didn't even think about if they would appreciate, I just wanted to have my own place in an area I liked. I just got lucky that it happened to be on the upward slope and even though I parlayed the 1st one into a bigger SFR in Irvine... I really didn't think that prices would appreciate.

Now, I am fairly confident that prices will not appreciate for quite a while... maybe not until my kids go to college. So if I buy another home, I'm not going to buy it thinking I can flip it in 5 years for 6x profit... I'm buying it to live in. And then once my kids have their own lives, I will either downsize and sell or gift it to one them.

I have no idea if that's the plan of many of these pre-qual'ed buyers... maybe it is, the guy I talked to certainly seemed like he was going to stay put for at least 10 years. But who knows... maybe these people are more interested in stability rather than appreciation... which in this economy is a good idea.

[quote author="graceomalley"]FCB,

No use PayPal. It's fee is too steep. You me make good team and rip off gwailo Ok?[/quote]

Good idea. We name TI - Tao Investment. Everybody come invest, I own home already in secret location. I walk on lawn with pants off but only 1 complain so far.

[quote author="foreignchinesebuyr"]
[quote author="graceomalley"]FCB,

No use PayPal. It's fee is too steep. You me make good team and rip off gwailo Ok?[/quote]

Good idea. We name TI - Tao Investment. Everybody come invest, I own home already in secret location. I walk on lawn with pants off but only 1 complain so far.[/quote]

Rule #1. When walk around with pants off no go near closet with ropes.

I like ShingTao Investment better. We talk name eating Peking duck at Palm Court in Burberry East.

Good idea. We name TI - Tao Investment. Everybody come invest, I own home already in secret location. I walk on lawn with pants off but only 1 complain so far.[/quote]

I like ShingTao Investment better. We talk name eating Peking duck at Palm Court in Burberry East.[/quote]

When go back inside, I put pants back on of course! Not animal.
Because rain no tai chi practice at park <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) --> so much time to discuss

I like ShingTao Investment better. We talk name eating Peking duck at Palm Court in Burberry East.[/quote]

When go back inside, I put pants back on of course! Not animal.
Because rain no tai chi practice at park <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) --> so much time to discuss[/quote]

No conrad, Me no talking about animal. Me and my ex investment partner talk company name in Thailand Hotel I did not like his suggestions. He liked Tai Chi too especially the very slow kind.

Hmmmm...sit here and stroking long white hair from mole and thinking. Partner like tai chi and don't like suggestion, now ex partner. Tai chi my favorite and you no like my names, now I ex partner also?
Back to topic, gwailo keep buying irvine mistake. PM me so you can also hoola hoop and jump in bouncy house in front yard w/ pants off.

[quote author="graceomalley"][quote author=foreignchinesebuyr board=irvinere thread=448 post=4410 time=1264113808]

[/quote]

Your humor very much missed around here, more than info you provide. Gwailo too uptight here, maybe so angry because no front lawn.
By way, how come you chinese accent but last name o'malley? I'm think you adopt like Maddox Jolie Pitt.

You Me good ShingTao Investment partners. We like samethings. Secret locations, pants off, Tai Chi, and big front yard for jumping house. 2 more very important question before partner together company. You drive slow too? Drive out from parking lot very fast right turn and cut off white people driver then drive very slow to make white people angry.

Thank Buddha my sunscreen visor block face so I don't have to see them glare at me when drive by upset. Uh-oh, I drive very fast, 5-10 mph below speed limit, but sometimes hard to read odometer because I so close to steering wheel can only see top of dashboard.

[quote author="graceomalley"][quote author=foreignchinesebuyr board=irvinere thread=448 post=4410 time=1264113808]

[/quote]

Your humor very much missed around here, more than info you provide. Gwailo too uptight here, maybe so angry because no front lawn.
By way, how come you chinese accent but last name o'malley? I'm think you adopt like Maddox Jolie Pitt.

[/quote]

My gwailo wife's name. No Chinese wife for me. Me no like carry Chinese wife purse and she carry my wallet when she shop for more purse. Chinese wife make me judo chop relatives at Chinese restaurant to snatch the bill. Chinese wife make me go to Longo Toyota. Chinese wife like 3 car garage.

Gwailo wife much better.

Chinese wives now dye hair gold to look like Gwailo. No fool me I tell the difference. I smell shrimp paste.

You drive fast. You better drive on fast lane and especially the one with diamond label. More cars behind you is much better.

Sound like you experience Shanghai woman.
Only go into fast lane when coming out of plaza from right turn. Even I drive fast, okay we are partner still of course?
I have important question for you for our partnership. Around many white people, do you shout in mandarin/cantonese when using cell phone?

Back