350K consider middle class here!

eyephone said:
Mety said:
eyephone said:
Is it a sin for the wife to work? (Come on Mety. Don?t run away from your statement like someone we know) lol

He presses the elevator buttons for all the floors before he leaves.  ;) (I guess it?s legal, but man show no manners) [statement not meant for Met]

Let me ask you what's more important that will answer your question at the same time.
Is "you" a sin?

Do you consider it?s a sin for the wife to work? Yes or no
Let?s take a step further would a pastor or a priest say it?s against the Bible for the wife to work?

You hardly answer my questions and now you're forcing me to say just yes or no? That's very Trump or Kim Jong Un like, eyephone..Maybe that's the real Clinton style? lol OK, all kidding aside...

We?re all sinners. Even if you believe in Jesus, your mortal body will struggle with sin until you die (I mean that?s why we all die right? If you don?t sin, you won?t die), though your soul is saved to live eternally. So it?s pointless to talk about what?s sin or not because you keep on sinning all the time anyways even if you don't believe so.

According 1 Timothy 2, a wife (or a woman) is to bear children and raise them in a good faith. There are women who can't bear children. I know some and we're not talking about them here. Another standard of wife is also described in Proverbs 31. She actually buys and sells and works diligently in this example, doing almost like a business. But she doesn't do so to make more money for herself. It's to exalt her husband and raise children who would call her blessed. She fears the LORD (heart issues) and that is the very reason why she does what she does. It also reflects us, Christians, as a church who has Jesus as our husband, how we should have our attitudes as a believer.

Is it sin for a wife to work? No. Is it sin for a wife to work because she likes money over the baby or thinks money will bring better outcome than spending time on her baby? Yes, I believe so. But it's always the heart issue in my opinion so I can't speak with just what appears externally. I believe moms should be there for their babies for the first couple years at least for them to be healthy both physically and spiritually in long runs. I believe moms can always go back to work after couple years if they were really good and working hard at what they were doing. But everyone and case is different so I can't speak for everyone.

To your last question, I'm not a pastor so I won't say how they will respond. But I've given you my answer.

irvinehomeowner said:
Mety said:
I like your illustration of IHO's elevator button. Sorry, IHO, but eyephone brings a perfect illustration here. You press all the buttons and not sure why people are pissed. hahaha.

Really? Seems contradictory. I've been accused of over discussing an issue, but never running away from one. Just because someone doesn't like my answer doesn't mean I didn't answer it. I've asked tons of questions on the housing analysis thread and no one has answered me but I don't accuse them of pushing elevator buttons. You know what response I get? "You're not my boss so I don't have to answer you."

Mety: Is there ever a question you ask that I don't try to answer? I think you need to rethink the accusations here and look at the accuser before shifting this towards me.

1st floor. 3rd floor. Basement. Roof.

OK, my focus was not on the "leaving" part but on the "pressing all the buttons" part. Funny how a conversation can part to complete different interpretations. Nonetheless, it was entertainment purposes only and no mean to "attack" at you or anything though there are some truths to it.

You answered all my questions, IHO, except when I asked you what you would think of the future of RE market couple months ago (or a year ago). You seemed optimistic, but never gave a clear answer. Actually couple here and there you skipped answering my questions now that I think about it, but it's OK. I guess you didn't see those posts.

irvinehomeowner said:
bones said:
irvinehomeowner said:
I'll probably take flak for this but staying home and taking care of the kids is not *that* hard. I'd much rather do that than deal with co-workers who don't do their work so it makes more work for you or management that doesn't understand what's happening and makes stupid decisions that affect your job. At least with your own kids, you are the one making all the calls and the "compensation" is more enjoyable and rewarding. :)

Now, how can I say this? I was a stay-at-home dad for a few years... but I was also working side contracts so I was doing both. Even my wife agrees that staying home to take care of the kids is much easier than working full time.

But, yes, for us 99%ers, dual income and paying for child care is the only way we can live in Irvine... can't afford even "slowdown" prices on one of our incomes.
Mety said:
irvinehomeowner said:
I'll probably take flak for this but staying home and taking care of the kids is not *that* hard. I'd much rather do that than deal with co-workers who don't do their work so it makes more work for you or management that doesn't understand what's happening and makes stupid decisions that affect your job. At least with your own kids, you are the one making all the calls and the "compensation" is more enjoyable and rewarding. :)

Now, how can I say this? I was a stay-at-home dad for a few years... but I was also working side contracts so I was doing both. Even my wife agrees that staying home to take care of the kids is much easier than working full time.

But, yes, for us 99%ers, dual income and paying for child care is the only way we can live in Irvine... can't afford even "slowdown" prices on one of our incomes.

Maybe your kids are very chill ;D. Lucky you.

He also clearly has perfect and healthy kids.

Not really. Without getting too much into our personal details, quite a bit of my time was taking them to weekly appointments and as tiring as that was, I don't feel it was "hard".

What can I say, I like being with my kids more than working at a desk... or with people who don't care about their job as much as you do.

Maybe you're more mature than me. My sinful body thinks it's a very hard task and I think working at my office is much easier personally.

Maybe you're at a field where you have to deal with more stubborn people or something.

Of course, I'm loving every moment with our children, but the body does get tired when my selfish desire wants to rest.

Mety said:
Maybe you're more mature than me. My sinful body thinks it's a very hard task and I think working at my office is much easier personally.

Maybe you're at a field where you have to deal with more stubborn people or something.

Of course, I'm loving every moment with our children, but the body does get tired when my selfish desire wants to rest.

Don't read too much into it... it's not a judgement, it's an opinion.

And I'm not underplaying the work of being a stay at home parent, for some people it's *harder* for other people it's not.

It's just to me, work is work... taking care of my children, that's not work, that's fun, love, parenthood etc.

Maybe this question is too personal, but what is so hard about taking care of your kids? When you get older, you'll long for the day where they depended on you and you were their world. But you will also be proud that you've raised them well enough so they don't need you either.

I agree with you Mety. If you want to do it right. You have to spend time and teach them. It all comes down to values and how you were raised. Screaming and shouting is not the way to go. You have to explain to them so they can understand.

irvinehomeowner said:
Mety said:

Don't read too much into it... it's not a judgement, it's an opinion.

And I'm not underplaying the work of being a stay at home parent, for some people it's *harder* for other people it's not.

It's just to me, work is work... taking care of my children, that's not work, that's fun, love, parenthood etc.

Maybe this question is too personal, but what is so hard about taking care of your kids? When you get older, you'll long for the day where they depended on you and you were their world. But you will also be proud that you've raised them well enough so they don't need you either.

Well, the word "hard" here is not like I-feel-so-miserable-hard. It's just a physical weariness from lack of sleeps. Some people are fine without sleeps and naturally super healthy. That's a blessing from God you shouldn't take granted. Some people have luxury to get more help from grand parents also so that's a huge thanks you owe. Some kids are less dependent or less attached than others.

Like you said, once they're teenagers or more grown, I'm sure there are something else other than just the physical weariness and might miss those days when they were just babies, but the first 3-5 years is pretty hard in general for everyone or for moms especially since they usually sacrifice emotionally and physically more than dads.

I'm only speculating about the 2nd half of that 25 year range... but I imagine high school, college and then starting their first job and families are also difficult for parents and their kids.

irvinehomeowner said:
I'm only speculating about the 2nd half of that 25 year range... but I imagine high school, college and then starting their first job and families are also difficult for parents and their kids.

Yeah, it's always hard in some sort of a way no matter what age they're at.

irvinehomeowner said:
eyephone said:
Mety said:
irvinehomeowner said:
I would say first 0-25 years are hard. :)

:eek:

Now he says it hard, but before he said it was so easy. What a guy!

Hey super genius... I said it's not *that* hard. Show me where I said it was easy.

Seems like you're the false news guy... twisting everyone's words.

"What a guy!"

irvinehomeowner said:

Vocab lesson for eyephone.

Saying something is "not that hard" does not mean that it's "easy". Nor does it mean it's not hard. It just means it's not "that" hard.

Also, saying something is "easier" doesn't necessarily mean it's easy either.

Is that harder, hard, easy or easier for you to understand?

I guess we have to break it down like we are in second grade for IHO.

What?s a synonym for not that hard? A person might say easy

irvinehomeowner said:
Vocab lesson for eyephone.

Saying something is "not that hard" does not mean that it's "easy". Nor does it mean it's not hard. It just means it's not "that" hard.

Also, saying something is "easier" doesn't necessarily mean it's easy either.

Is that harder, hard, easy or easier for you to understand?

Back