30 Day Fitness Challenge

HOMEOWNER SIMPSON said:
The Urgent Care wouldn't touch him... Cardiac Arrest is grounds for an ER visit.  :(

shh.gif
Shhh. If you tell him that, he'll never show up.

CZ, what time will you need to leave? I was thinking like 12-2 but if you need to get going earlier, let me know and maybe we can move it up a bit.

I am going to pack a brown paper bag to breathe into because I will hyperventilate while waiting for Iho. Maybe I should bring enough for everybody?

breathe-into-paper-bag.jpg

Breathe. It will be okay.

homer_simpson said:
Hello Fellow Talk Irvine People!

Does anyone want to do a 30 Day Fitness Challenge?

You do not have to share your Age, Height, Weight, Sex or Bank Account Statement.  There is no prize...well... the prize is a "Healthier" you! :D  If people really wanted a prize, I can get a gift card or something...

The challenge will begin on March 1st 2013.

1) Setup your own goals... whether it's to lose a pound or two in March.
2) Track the food you eat on your Smart phone or online.
3) Track the exercise you do on your Smart phone or online.
4) Share Tips on eating healthy or exercises.
5) Have Fun!

Let me know who's interested and if you have ever used "MyFitnessPal".. It's a free program where you can track what you ate and exercises done.

Anyone up for starting this up again for 2014????

I actually started eating really clean since January 1st to cut.

My current macro ratios are 50% protein,  30% carbs and 20% fat with a calorie of around 1980 to lose a pound a week. 

Breakfast: 3 egg whites and 2 full eggs, fat free cheese and slice of oro wheat.

Snack 1 - CZ you got it, 17 Almonds!

Lunch 1 - 7 oz of turkey breast, 4oz of brown rice, 4oz of broccoli

Lunch 2 - 6 oz of grilled chicken breast, 4oz of brown rice, 6 brussel sprouts

Snack 2 - protein shake

workout

Dinner - 7-10oz of salmon, 4oz of brown rice, 4oz of broccoli and 4oz of carrots.

Dessert - Watch my wife devour chocolate chip cookies  :p

Haha! I am not counting my almonds yet- will do it after my vacation next month. But trying to down a protein shake a day, and substitute a snack with premier protein.  As for main meals, it's been a carb fest. IHO, Homer is the inspiration.. every time you see almonds, think how many Homer would eat :p

irvinehomeowner said:
Cubic Zirconia said:
IHO, Homer is the inspiration.. every time you see almonds, think how many Homer would eat :p
I diet and exercise vicariously through his posts on TI, kind of like this:
211517.strip.gif
http://www.dilbert.com/2014-02-05/

Looks like it's going to be me very soon :) Husband bought me insanity work out after my gym membership expired. I didn't go after the first few months..

IHO, you want to do "watch insanity" challenge with me, and see if it works? :)

homer_simpson said:
I actually started eating really clean since January 1st to cut.

My current macro ratios are 50% protein,  30% carbs and 20% fat with a calorie of around 1980 to lose a pound a week. 

Breakfast: 3 egg whites and 2 full eggs, fat free cheese and slice of oro wheat.

Snack 1 - CZ you got it, 17 Almonds!

Lunch 1 - 7 oz of turkey breast, 4oz of brown rice, 4oz of broccoli

Lunch 2 - 6 oz of grilled chicken breast, 4oz of brown rice, 6 brussel sprouts

Snack 2 - protein shake

workout

Dinner - 7-10oz of salmon, 4oz of brown rice, 4oz of broccoli and 4oz of carrots.

Dessert - Watch my wife devour chocolate chip cookies  :p

I've actually returned to the gym.  Been pretty good for a month now about going.  The cardio is good, but have countered with much poorer walking habit.  Haven't loss an ounce yet, but nearly have peeled a belt notch off.  I'll take it, its a step in the right direction.

Maybe we should spin it up a bit, how about a month long healthy eating challenge?  It's the eating that makes the difference anyway, you all saw the researcher who loss 40 lbs eating only McDonald's for 90 days and improved his cholesterol  and triglyceride levels.

45 minutes of walking and 2000 calories of McDonalds. 

Granted the 'kids' doing the research and meal planning from the McDonalds menu carefully planned those 2000 calories to get the macro nutrient mix right and that goes a long way to prevent cravings and binge eating.

So how about a challenge to post the weekly menu with and event notes and see what suggestions people have to help 'healthy' it up?

ive lost 16 pounds since october.  about a pound a week. watch out ladies of TI, pretty soon ill be back to the swoll jeter days of my youth.  i did increase my activity level to do more treadmill work and do more weight work.  its hard to keep up with the weights consistently though just do to time constraints with the baby.  at this point though ill take the cardio over the weights.

the main thing now is i rarely snack after a meal. and my meals are smaller also.  im working on the healthier aspect of the smaller meals. a smaller meal right now is 2 mcdonalds burgers with small fries but trying to transition to healthier smaller meals.  this morning i had oatmeal for breakfast - bought some at costco, its lightly sweetened with brown sugar but still 200 calories for 10oz of oatmeal. tomorrow ill have a couple of bananas and an apple.

lunch is the hardest thing to control but even if did eat 2 mcdonalds burgers with small fries, as long as i have a relatively healthy breakfast (oatmeal, fruits) and dinner ill be good (fruits and sometimes cereal).

irvinehomeowner said:
qwerty said:
a smaller meal right now is 2 mcdonalds burgers with small fries
The Qwurger Diet

(is it the small burgers or the big ones?)

just the small regular hamburger. each one has 250 calories and the fries have 250 calories, so the whole meal is 750 calories.

Cubic Zirconia said:
Looks like it's going to be me very soon :) Husband bought me insanity work out after my gym membership expired. I didn't go after the first few months..

How did you take it when he bought you the workout? I'm sure he meant it in a nice way but some women might get a little offended.

Things have been really hard for me since our last challenge ended but I never give up. I don't think I've ever been more discontent with the way I look. I tell my husband I feel sorry for him that he's stuck with me. It looks like we're in a "pity relationship". He could have done so much better! But he's like, "Are you kidding me? You could have done so much better. I don't know why you love me. You took pity on me." So, I guess we're even!  :p Really romantic, huh!

SoCal - your got back on your meds right? Did they end up helping?  Like you said, all you can do us try. Sometimes medical issues get in the way and not much you can do about it

Back