3 New California Pacific Communities in Portola Springs Late 2021

There's a lot more involved for me than just signing in most of my new home buyers to the new home developments.  With the majority of buyers, we look and make offers on resale homes while keeping the new home as a plan B.  Both the buyers that only want to buy new and ones that look at resale homes, I help them through the options process, refer them lenders/contractors/inspectors/etc, discuss with them the various loan options (fixed vs. ARM vs. interest-only ARM), and talk about any tax matters. 

Given that the market is so hot and since CalPac's new Cypress Village condos are selling well without providing a broker coop, they'll continue that practice until the market cools off at which time they'll bring the broker coop back (we saw this with iPac with Laguna Altura when those homes were first released).  Even with offering the broker coop, I've venture to guess that less than half of buyers bring an agent with them to register because they are not aware of the broker coop and the rules that they need to bring an agent with them on their first visit to the sales office.  I've had dozens of people over the years who have contacted me to register with them after they've already given their names to the builders but I tell them the builder won't allow for it as I didn't accompany them on their first visit to the sales office. 

abhinata said:
My question slightly off topic from RE greed. Do we know if IP is going to be building new community by the Highland pool/Altair area? Or some other builder? Highland is selling like crazy with view lots and internal both building faster than year ago. I am interested in new floor plan from IP in that area. Any insights into when and who could build there? Thanks

I've been wondering about this also... Looks like it's graded and ready to go. Maybe it will be a Highland extension? Here's the sitemap for it...

Attachments

• Portola Springs PA6.png
    Portola Springs PA6.png
    414.5 KB · Views: 371
Prototype said:
abhinata said:
My question slightly off topic from RE greed. Do we know if IP is going to be building new community by the Highland pool/Altair area? Or some other builder? Highland is selling like crazy with view lots and internal both building faster than year ago. I am interested in new floor plan from IP in that area. Any insights into when and who could build there? Thanks

I've been wondering about this also... Looks like it's graded and ready to go. Maybe it will be a Highland extension? Here's the sitemap for it...

Thats a good guess since it is already close to Highland pool. The existing lots are building out faster with 3/4 crews working at the same time. I am thinking it might be officially announced later in the year or early 2022.

How about KB homes Elderberry extension? The lot seems to be bigger here to justify a highland community..

Hello!

I stumbled on this forum by accident researching the new stuff in Portola Springs. Would anybody perchance have a good contact for Cal Pacific? I've tried the number listed but without an extension I end up at the general voicemail T_T. Definitely not holding my breath for a callback on that voicemail.

You just need email or fax them with a picture like this.
a3320f9bc32670b209dcf166a64381d4

yanger312 said:
Hello!

I stumbled on this forum by accident researching the new stuff in Portola Springs. Would anybody perchance have a good contact for Cal Pacific? I've tried the number listed but without an extension I end up at the general voicemail T_T. Definitely not holding my breath for a callback on that voicemail.

akula1488 said:

yanger312 said:
Hello!

LOOOLLLLLL. Fantastic.

akula1488 said:

yanger312 said:
Hello!

Cal Pac - "thats all?"

irvinehomeowner said:
Market too hot... no need for referral fees. :(

So if someone went to an agent and said, hey help me buy from CalPac in this brand new neighborhood, the agent would most likely tell them politely to screw off lol?

CLB_srA said:
irvinehomeowner said:

So if someone went to an agent and said, hey help me buy from CalPac in this brand new neighborhood, the agent would most likely tell them politely to screw off lol?

Sure most agents will do that but that's because they are short sighted.  I'll work with my clients if they want to buy at the CalPac communities even if I don't make any commission.  It's good karma and it's good for long term business with more repeat and referral business.  The real money is made with building a working relationship with clients, not on any single individual transaction. ;)

USCTrojanCPA said:
CLB_srA said:
irvinehomeowner said:

Sure most agents will do that but that's because they are short sighted.  I'll work with my clients if they want to buy at the CalPac communities even if I don't make any commission.  It's good karma and it's good for long term business with more repeat and referral business.  The real money is made with building a working relationship with clients, not on any single individual transaction. ;)
amen to this.

Today was the day to onto the priority list for Lapis and Sierra with California Pacific Homes.  For Sierra here are the important dates...

November 20th & 21st - Previewing for the sales release of Phase 1 (preview is by appointment only)   
    November 27th - Aales release of Phase 1
    December 11th - Sierra Grand Opening

The sales office will call the people on the priority list the week of Nov. 15th to set up the appts for Nov. 20th & 21st for the priority buyers. Pricing for Sierra will be mid-to-high $1m for the 126 homes with Mello Roos of $3,550/yr and HOA of $139/mo. No broker co-op for Lapis and Sierra.

USCTrojanCPA said:
Today was the day to onto the priority list for Lapis and Sierra with California Pacific Homes.  For Sierra here are the important dates...

November 20th & 21st - Previewing for the sales release of Phase 1 (preview is by appointment only)   

The sales office will call the people on the priority list the week of Nov. 15th to set up the appts for Nov. 20th & 21st for the priority buyers. Pricing for Sierra will be mid-to-high $1m for the 126 homes with Mello Roos of $3,550/yr and HOA of $139/mo. No broker co-op for Lapis and Sierra.

im assuming small lots?

trematix said:
USCTrojanCPA said:

im assuming small lots?

Probably for the most part, there are some larger lots though.

Wow, mid to high $1M. I think I'll just wait for Bluffs and Highland then.

I filled out the pre-qualifying applications, but the LoanDepot team is asking me to submit a bunch of documents. I don't feel comfortable doing that at this point.

And my wife read some bad reviews about CalPac and pretty much lost interest also, so if I really need to submit all the documents just to get on the priority list, then we'll probably just give up on Sierra.

USCTrojanCPA said:

Thanks for the info, Martin! I've been waiting to see where the pricing would land. My prediction that it would be in line with Elderberry was correct since it's the only other development in that area with a proper street facing SFR.

I was shunned by a TI RE "expert" but the pricing makes sense based on the market and competitive products in PS.

USCTrojanCPA said:

Thank you for the info. Any chance you know the price range of the Lapis townhomes?

Back