3 New California Pacific Communities in Portola Springs Late 2021

CalBears96 said:
Aren't IP's Highland homes proper street facing SFRs?

No, Highlands are so called "Quasi SFR". They have a driveway but there is no traditional sidewalk , and you cannot park on the street in front of your house. The street is deliberately kept narrow.

Irvinehomeseeker said:
CalBears96 said:

No, Highlands are so called "Quasi SFR". They have a driveway but there is no traditional sidewalk , and you cannot park on the street in front of your house. The street is deliberately kept narrow.

I see. I actually like it when you can't park on the street since we always park our cars in the garage (we have a 3-car garage right now) and our driveway can actually fit 4 cars.  ;D

It really bothers me that my neighbor always park in front of my house, blocking the spot for my garbage/recycle bins. They have a 4-car garage, but they only park in their driveway, which only fits 2 cars, and on the street. They park 2 cars in the driveway and the SUV and truck on the street.

Prototype said:
USCTrojanCPA said:
Today was the day to onto the priority list for Lapis and Sierra with California Pacific Homes.  For Sierra here are the important dates...

November 20th & 21st - Previewing for the sales release of Phase 1 (preview is by appointment only)   
    November 27th - Aales release of Phase 1
    December 11th - Sierra Grand Opening

The sales office will call the people on the priority list the week of Nov. 15th to set up the appts for Nov. 20th & 21st for the priority buyers. Pricing for Sierra will be mid-to-high $1m for the 126 homes with Mello Roos of $3,550/yr and HOA of $139/mo. No broker co-op for Lapis and Sierra.

Thanks for the info, Martin! I've been waiting to see where the pricing would land. My prediction that it would be in line with Elderberry was correct since it's the only other development in that area with a proper street facing SFR.

I was shunned by a TI RE "expert" but the pricing makes sense based on the market and competitive products in PS.

Yeah, I figured pricing would be around $600/sf as that's what the going rate is for newer non-Great Park true SFR homes currently.  I think Plan 2 will be around $1.5m+ and the X and Y will be close around $1.7m.

CalBears96 said:

IrvineHomeSeeker described it perfectly, they are "quasi" SFR home or really nice detached condos...same as Como in Orchard Hills and Peidmont in Eastwood.

USCTrojanCPA said:
Yeah, I figured pricing would be around $600/sf as that's what the going rate is for newer non-Great Park true SFR homes currently.  I think Plan 2 will be around $1.5m+ and the X and Y will be close around $1.7m.

The only one we were interested in is Plan 2X, but given that price tag, I think we're going to wait for Bluffs 2X or Highland 1.

I expect 2X will be quite a bit more than 2Y since 2X will have view lots. $50k to $100k more, since it also has a deck? Probably $100k. And some 2X have pretty big lots as well. Most of the lots are around 3100+ to 3400, but some 2X are more than 5,000.

CalBears96 said:
USCTrojanCPA said:

The only one we were interested in is Plan 2X, but given that price tag, I think we're going to wait for Bluffs 2X or Highland 1.

I expect 2X will be quite a bit more than 2Y since 2X will have view lots. $50k to $100k more, since it also has a deck? Probably $100k. And some 2X have pretty big lots as well. Most of the lots are around 3100+ to 3400, but some 2X are more than 5,000.

If you can buy a true SFR like a Sierra even if a bit smaller in size, go for it over Bluffs/Highland. True SFRs will become scarce soon in Irvine. I have seen true SFR have much better  price appreciation and once they become rarer, more the price.

I am not an RE expert, but just sharing conventional wisdom.

CalPacific does a great use of space. Sierra Plan 2 at 2358 sqt offers a suite for each bedroom upstairs plus a loft! In comparison, Fresco plan 1x from IP at 2389 sqt doesn't give any loft, shared bathroom upstairs for secondary bedrooms.

Sierra plan 2 and above makes sense to buy. Plan 1 with no downstairs bedroom is not a good investment for Irvine market IMO

Irvinehomeseeker said:
If you can buy a true SFR like a Sierra even if a bit smaller in size, go for it over Bluffs/Highland. True SFRs will become scarce soon in Irvine. I have seen true SFR have much better  price appreciation and once they become rarer, more the price.

I have no doubt that a true SFR would appreciate better than "quasi" SFR, but there are several concerns with Sierra.

I think the first and foremost concern is that it's been getting bad reviews from buyers, in particular about after move-in customer service. I don't know if it's true or not, but it's been said that CalPac uses cheaper materials than IP.

My wife loves IP floorplans, their panoramic windows and high ceiling in particular, although Highland doesn't have high ceiling. We would love to buy Ravello, but we can't afford it.  :p As I've said, we're only interested plan 2X due to the view, but I think it's going to be more expensive. Bluffs/Highland are like dream homes to my wife, and she's having a lot of doubts about Sierra. The main factor is that we plan to stay in this new home for a very long time, since it's going to be our retirement home. It's kind of funny since you're supposed to downsize when you're about to retire, but we're doing the opposite. Well, we are downsizing from a 3309 sq ft home to a 2400-2700 sq ft home. But the price pretty much doubles.  ::)

CalBears96 said:
Irvinehomeseeker said:

I have no doubt that a true SFR would appreciate better than "quasi" SFR, but there are several concerns with Sierra.

I think the first and foremost concern is that it's been getting bad reviews from buyers, in particular about after move-in customer service. I don't know if it's true or not, but it's been said that CalPac uses cheaper materials than IP.

My wife loves IP floorplans, their panoramic windows and high ceiling in particular, although Highland doesn't have high ceiling. We would love to buy Ravello, but we can't afford it.  :p As I've said, we're only interested plan 2X due to the view, but I think it's going to be more expensive. Bluffs/Highland are like dream homes to my wife, and she's having a lot of doubts about Sierra. The main factor is that we plan to stay in this new home for a very long time, since it's going to be our retirement home. It's kind of funny since you're supposed to downsize when you're about to retire, but we're doing the opposite. Well, we are downsizing from a 3309 sq ft home to a 2400-2700 sq ft home. But the price pretty much doubles.  ::)

I almost bought and backed out of CalPacific's Trellis Court detached condo at CV East. I can say that the design center experience  at CalPac was subpar compared to IP. They didn't have much choices compared to Petamuma of IP back then. But Trellis  court sold very well new and also for resale.

I can see where you are going with a forever home and so views+other things matter besides just appreciation.

Irvinehomeseeker said:
CalPacific does a great use of space. Sierra Plan 2 at 2358 sqt offers a suite for each bedroom upstairs plus a loft! In comparison, Fresco plan 1x from IP at 2389 sqt doesn't give any loft, shared bathroom upstairs for secondary bedrooms.

Seems like Fresco 1X doesn't use the space above Great Room. That's a lot of wasted space. I guess their flooplan upstairs makes that space unusable.

CalBears96 said:
Irvinehomeseeker said:

Seems like Fresco 1X doesn't use the space above Great Room. That's a lot of wasted space. I guess their flooplan upstairs makes that space unusable.

Fresco plan 1/Ix upstairs is very cramped. If you want a bit more space pay another 100K for plan2 :)

Irvinehomeseeker said:
CalBears96 said:
Irvinehomeseeker said:

Fresco plan 1/Ix upstairs is very cramped. If you want a bit more space pay another 100K for plan2 :)

We visited Fresco a couple of weeks ago. We weren't impressed, to be honest. We like Bluffs floorplans better. Fresco was especially disappointing because we visited it after Ravello.  ;D

CalBears96 said:
USCTrojanCPA said:

Where are you getting the lot size info? Is there a sitemap somewhere showing lot size and which plans are on each lot (and which have views)?

box said:
CalBears96 said:
USCTrojanCPA said:

Where are you getting the lot size info? Is there a sitemap somewhere showing lot size and which plans are on each lot (and which have views)?

Try City of Irvine GIS map.

box said:

City of Irvine GIS map gives you the lot size info.

The post below has the links to the exact info for the entire community. The first link is Sierra. It shows you exactly how the homes are laid out in the lot, also measurements for driveway, home to backyard wall measurements, etc. And also the exact plan and elevation on each lot, of course.

toekneechin said:
Check out the site plans

Source Links:
(Single Family)
https://irvine.granicus.com/MetaViewer.php?view_id=&event_id=1775&meta_id=114098

(Condo Triplex)
https://irvine.granicus.com/MetaViewer.php?view_id=&event_id=1775&meta_id=114102

(Condo Cluster)
https://irvine.granicus.com/MetaViewer.php?view_id=&event_id=1775&meta_id=114100

CalBears96 said:
Irvinehomeseeker said:
CalBears96 said:
Irvinehomeseeker said:

We visited Fresco a couple of weeks ago. We weren't impressed, to be honest. We like Bluffs floorplans better. Fresco was especially disappointing because we visited it after Ravello.  ;D

I agree that Bluffs floorplans, high ceilings, panoramic rear windows and larger backyards are SUPER nice! We really considered it but it was hard to spend $1.3M (at the time) with no driveway. There's very few developments up in Irvine now that actually give you a driveway. Elderberry, Legado and Highland are the last in PS, until Sierra is available.

Seems like 4BR detached homes with a downstairs bed/bath + driveway seem to be the magical recipe to resell at a high rate and continuously appreciate. Especially as they become more rare. Then again, all of Irvine is hot right now.

Prototype said:
I agree that Bluffs floorplans, high ceilings, panoramic rear windows and larger backyards are SUPER nice! We really considered it but it was hard to spend $1.3M (at the time) with no driveway. There's very few developments up in Irvine now that actually give you a driveway. Elderberry, Legado and Highland are the last in PS, until Sierra is available.

Seems like 4BR detached homes with a downstairs bed/bath + driveway seem to be the magical recipe to resell at a high rate and continuously appreciate. Especially as they become more rare. Then again, all of Irvine is hot right now.

Yeah, I understand most people are reluctant to spend that much money for a home without driveway. Although a driveway isn't the utmost importance to us, since we always park in the garage, it's still nice to have, which is why we also consider Highland plan 1. The drawback on Highland vs. Bluffs is that it doesn't have high ceiling. We still prefer Bluffs 2X over Highland 1, but we could take either.

From what I've heard, Bluffs 1 is more popular than Bluffs 2 because some people on the priority list are getting priced out by Bluffs 2. On the other hand, Highland 2 is more popular than Highland 1. This works in our favor since we prefer Bluffs 2X and Highland 1. We still have to wait for at least 3 months until it's our turn on the list and until Bluffs 2X shows up again in their release.

CalBears96 said:
Prototype said:

Yeah, I understand most people are reluctant to spend that much money for a home without driveway. Although a driveway isn't the utmost importance to us, since we always park in the garage, it's still nice to have, which is why we also consider Highland plan 1. The drawback on Highland vs. Bluffs is that it doesn't have high ceiling. We still prefer Bluffs 2X over Highland 1, but we could take either.

From what I've heard, Bluffs 1 is more popular than Bluffs 2 because some people on the priority list are getting priced out by Bluffs 2. On the other hand, Highland 2 is more popular than Highland 1. This works in our favor since we prefer Bluffs 2X and Highland 1. We still have to wait for at least 3 months until it's our turn on the list and until Bluffs 2X shows up again in their release.

When did you guys get on the waitlist for Bluffs and Highland?

USCTrojanCPA said:

9/15 for Bluffs and 9/20 for Highland. Lady at Bluffs said she's working on people getting on the waitlist in July. One of the TI'er got on the waitlist in August and is #12 on the waitlist. Most of the RE agents on Youtube said wait time is about 3 months (at least, for Highland). But view lots might be up to 5 months.

CalBears96 said:
USCTrojanCPA said:

9/15 for Bluffs and 9/20 for Highland. Lady at Bluffs said she's working on people getting on the waitlist in July. One of the TI'er got on the waitlist in August and is #12 on the waitlist. Most of the RE agents on Youtube said wait time is about 3 months (at least, for Highland). But view lots might be up to 5 months.

Gotcha. One of my buyers got on the list back in April and was able to buy a larger lot with no neighbors in May (we were both surprised how quickly they got called). 

Back