3-Car Garage Homes

how did you recognize each other at the open house?  did you guys wear your talk irvine shirts?

IHO- would you consider Bellezza if the price was lower?  if so, you really should make an offer.  i know i mentioned this before and owe more info but i have made many offers, some casual, some fully written out and have found that WTF prices can come down quick.  not always but has happened

We're talking about it... it's just that after all this time... I'm actually reluctant to buy even at our acceptable range.

If it's not exactly what we want, why would we pay at the top of our range?

The biggest issue (not the driveway actually) is the location, like I said... I prefer southern Irvine and so while this home is quiet (very actually), it's not in the part of Irvine we like most.

Plus... there is work to be done which is also something you don't want to do when you are buying something this expensive.

P.S. I have TI-dar... just kidding... we knew we would be there at a certain time and just made an educated guess.

totally get it.  my wife and i have specific asks at this point and as time goes, we are getting more and more narrow in what we want and dont want to settle.  however, i do see a lot of folks saying they would buy if it was only $X but they never make that $X offer.  obviously the pros like USCTrojanCPA and IrvineRealtor can shed light on this but my experience is that it doesnt hurt to make an offer.  and the california RE process is really buyer friendly with lots of outs for you to cancel and not lose a dime

i have a buddy who buys riverside homes for investment and he has a certain type of house that he looks for.  whenever it hits the MLS, he sends a low offer sight unseen and then starts thinking about it if they respond with anything that looks like a willingness to negotiate. 

Not bad but not ur "O" layout...good sized yard, school close, CalPac home?  That powder room sink looks claustrophobic.

That home is way too close to the 405. I would only consider homes on the far side of Alton away from the freeway noise/pollution.

irvinehomeowner said:
Here's an Oak Creek one:
http://www.redfin.com/CA/Irvine/3-Ashford-92618/home/4746407

It's the plan 2 (I prefer the 3)... but former model so it has nice updates. Backs Dove Creek and the school which could be noisy... and a little high considering similar models closed for mid to high $700k.

The Del Sol is actually my favorite floorplan in that tract... I think it's the only one with an upstairs laundry in El Dorado.

It checks most of the boxes for me... izz-O layout, downstairs bedroom and bath, master's retreat... and from the pictures, it looks like it has nice upgrades. I'm not fond of the upstairs wood flooring and the appliances look like they are still the OG white ones (where the cabinets and counters look upgraded)... but it's close enough to wife-in ready.

The price is a bit high to me though... I think this same floorplan has closed for $890k or less... so it's close.

Crispy3 said:
Saw this three times already and getting more interested each time. Anyone got any feedback?
http://www.redfin.com/CA/Tustin/2540-Reynolds-Dr-92782/home/4775349

The only thing holding me back is the floorplan. I don't like how the bed has to face the door for the master bedroom and not loving the tiny familyroom/bedrooms.

High ceilings, what's not to like? :) Except I don't like the hardwood floors on the second floor, plus the cabinets and the flooring made the house too "red" for me.  It's a long hike to amenities, plus it's uphill on the way back for us lazy folks.  I think the price points for these has gone up in my opinion, I think some of the Hiskey listings in 2010 went for low to mid $800s?  Can't pull up Redfin now, stupid iPhone stuck in update mode.

irvinehomeowner said:
The Del Sol is actually my favorite floorplan in that tract... I think it's the only one with an upstairs laundry in El Dorado.

It checks most of the boxes for me... izz-O layout, downstairs bedroom and bath, master's retreat... and from the pictures, it looks like it has nice upgrades. I'm not fond of the upstairs wood flooring and the appliances look like they are still the OG white ones (where the cabinets and counters look upgraded)... but it's close enough to wife-in ready.

The price is a bit high to me though... I think this same floorplan has closed for $890k or less... so it's close.

you guys are both right.. I don't like the color of the hardwood floors or the cabinets in the kitchen either, makes the whole place look very red. It is the only plan with laundry upstairs I just don't like the fact that the master bed is huge and rest of bedrooms are tiny. I like the fact that it's up the Hill and I think it's got one of the best lot in El Dorado. The appliances would have to go but that's something you don't have to throw a lot of $ at.. the family room was pretty small for my taste. I'm going to go take another look this weekend and might even put down an offer.

I've seen many homes in El Dorado and like the community. The schools are excellent and you are walking distance to Peters Canyon Trail and a short drive to great community parks. Also you can't go wrong with double door entry, 3CWG, and Cul-De-Sac street. Good luck with your offer!

blocks said:
ps or iho,

I never live in a place with second floor hardwood floor. Mind to share any concern with this?
The main thing is noise.

The next thing is impact on feet. The way I live in our house is I wear slippers downstairs because our entire downstairs is hard surface (has been that way in most of the homes we've owned) and when I go upstairs... I am just in socks or bare feet because it's usually carpet upstairs. So going up and down stairs (if the stairs are hard surface) and walking around in the rooms with just your feet can become a pain (literally).

The 3rd is temperature... hard surface is cold so when you walk on it in bare feet (even with socks)... brrrrr.

This could be mitigated of course by laying down area rugs but then that's another expense. It's not a deal breaker... but I don't prefer it.

With little ones around, noise is the main issue, hardwood on stairs is a bit hard on my knees too..just preference, but at this price I do not want to re-do flooring..if they lower the price a bit, I might bite.  Love this area as well, school across the street, good amenities for the HOA, high ceilings, the master retreat is nicely done, street parking stalls for guests...

how's the traffic during the day for this area? how long does it take to get to the 5 freeway? is Jamboree pretty bad during the day due to all the traffic to the marketplace?

Crispy3 said:
how's the traffic during the day for this area? how long does it take to get to the 5 freeway? is Jamboree pretty bad during the day due to all the traffic to the marketplace?
Not bad at all until you get to Irvine Blvd/Bryan, then it gets a bit crowded.

iacrenter said:
Anyone know if this is an investor flip?

26 Emerald (Woodbridge)http://www.redfin.com/CA/Irvine/26-Emerald-92614/home/4697450

Description says 'EQUITY SALE NOT A SHORT SALE OR REO! ' but per Redfin was foreclosed in April 2012 for $811K.

why werent you sure?  trying to understand how the listing was confusing.  it was april 2012 foreclosure purchase and from the pics, looks like they really cleaned it up and remodeled it.  selling it now means they took 2-3 months to rehab it which is about right.

Back