3-Car Garage Homes

irvinehomeowner said:
iacrenter said:
http://www.redfin.com/CA/Irvine/18-Mandarin-92604/home/4687518

This one looks like a great location--SFR in Woodbridge on Culdesac, view of lake from balcony, close proximity to lake and resort pool. The home looks like it needs updating.
Closed for above list at 927,500. Flake premium?

I really liked that location--still do. The floor plan was so so and the home needed updating. But it all goes back to the primary axiom in RE--location, location, location. I am sure the new owner will enjoy his views and walking along the lake.

ps9 said:
http://www.redfin.com/CA/Irvine/2-Vermont-92606/home/4677760

When a Redfin agent leaves bad comments it must be really bad. 
Is this the comment you are referring to?
Shayla Frazier - Field Agent on Redfin's South Orange County Team
"Fixer Uppers dream! This home has great bones and tons of potential. Obvious water damage in kitchen and formal dining. Evidence of do-it-yourselfer handy work and duct tape repairs."
Not too bad... but maybe she has an interested client and is trying to ward off potential competing buyers?

Water damage in dining room?  Does that mean the pipes in walls/ceiling?  Hire a good inspector... mold damage..

I'm going to try to see Bellezza.... my big knock is the lack of driveway... it's almost like a motorcourt home. :)

S704508_0.jpg

wasnt planning on it and i would be a true lookie-loo if i did go as my wife is set on something built this century

still dreaming about that 8 acre lot :)

I'm not digging Blakeley... it's on the T (bad Feng Shui?) and it backs Bryan... which is getting pretty busy nowadays (everyone going from Woodbury to the Marketplace).

The island rkp mentioned is weird... I didn't even notice the microwave in it... it looks like it's fixed there and that's supposed to be the nook.

irvinehomeowner said:
I'm not digging Blakeley... it's on the T (bad Feng Shui?) and it backs Bryan... which is getting pretty busy nowadays (everyone going from Woodbury to the Marketplace).

The island rkp mentioned is weird... I didn't even notice the microwave in it... it looks like it's fixed there and that's supposed to be the nook.

At first I thought it was a wine cooler....

That islands useful for your kids... pop in the hot pockets and enjoy it on the island while they do their homework.

2 Vermont is considered bad feng shui even though it's at a Cul-De Sac.  A car who is driving down that road is still in direct route onto the front door which is a negative.

Even if you don't believe in it, you're resale value will be lower because others do believe in it....but I guess it all evens out as you pay a lower price for it and sell it at a lower price as well.

redfin should add a feng shui icon for irvine homes...actually i am surprised builders dont have some big brand name feng shui consultant endorse their products as feng shui approved

homer_simpson said:
irvinehomeowner said:

At first I thought it was a wine cooler....

That islands useful for your kids... pop in the hot pockets and enjoy it on the island while they do their homework.

A built in keg dispenser would be a better appliance to put there...as for the t-section... a couple of those chinese mirrors should take care of it..

Just visited Blakeley and Belleza, and my $.02

Blakeley

+'s

Stan Pac built
High ceilings with staircase play from the entrance
Good useable yard
3cwg with car length driveway
No HOA

-'s

Mr. T
Mr. Bryan
Weird spot for kitchen island (built in is a steam oven per agent, you know for veggies and dim sum)
Street noise even with windows closed
Small family room

Belleza

+'s

High ceilings
Original owner
Pool
HOA pool as well

-'s

Wasted driveway
Popcorn ceiling
Pool
Master gets western sun

And cross this off bucket list
Met IHO

Dang... had I known you were gonna see Blakeley too, I would have joined you for the 2nd leg of the Wed 3CWG Tour.

Bellezza was really dated but they did have some nice upgrades. You'll probably have to paint, replace flooring (even the downstairs tile) and scrape the ceilings to get it to wife-in condition. Bathrooms were nicely upgraded and the kitchen had stainless/granite but the granite was the pinkish black/grey one I don't really like.

I like the backyard, pool was in good condition and the pavers and patio cover looked okay... the air conditioner probably needs to be replaced but it's working because the house was cool. The master bedroom was HUGE... but the other 3 bedrooms were small... and alas... no FCB in-law bedroom downstairs.

The motorcourt style driveway was a bummer... but if it had one... there would be no room for the pool in the backyard. It has the layout we like... the izz-O instead of the I or L... but at that price... it needs to be lower to account for the amount of work you have to do to it.

But... considering that Windstream model sold for $800k... this will probably sell for maybe high $700k

Back