This makes me wonder if sellers are calling these guys to get the tv exposure more than actually wanting them to represent them. There have been a few other situations on this show where the boys were "co-listing" or brought into unusual situations to sell the homes. I wonder how many of their...
Watched the latest episode tonight and had a few questions for you IHB folks about the Newport Coast home. First off - when they showed the property they claimed that it had a view of downtown LA. Is that possible? I've spent a decent amount of time in Newport Coast and it seems inconceivable...
Buffalo, NY is in a similar boat. We used to live in the shadow of the H.H. Richardson Complex. The neighborhood was full of beautiful, two story victorians built at the turn of the century to house the workers for the Pan American Expo. Hard wood floors, pocket doors, leaded glass windows...
I always thought Shady Canyon was desirable primarily because of the large lots and easy access to the freeway. The coastal communities (Newport Beach, Newport Coast, and Laguna Beach) can be troublesome if you need to commute every day.
Regarding the planes...we have close friends who live just off Jamboree near Balboa Island. When we visit we often stay about a week. For the first few days the noise of the planes taking off wakes me up at 7:00am. For about 45 minutes it seems like there are non-stop planes taking off and...
I didn't notice how little land you get. The house looks out over the hills and has an amazing view. You feel like you're very high up and it feels secluded. It does feel like you have a ton of space. There are other reasons why I wouldn't spend 10 million on this house but the amount of...
I toured this property last week. It is spectacular. All of the bedrooms are on the top floor and I loved the outdoor spaces. Of course, I haven't seen many $10 mill properties to compare it too!
Have you tried befriending him? What if you invited him over for a family dinner or barbeque? Put all the ugliness aside for an evening and let him get to know you and your family as human beings whom he can talk to if he has problems or concerns.
It's worth trying before you lay out money...
We're not in Irvine so skip if you're only looking at So Cal.
We pay $1,600 a month for a 3 bed/2 bath, 1700 sq ft in a suburb east of Sacramento. The area has high HOA's and while much of Sacramento has come down to $100 sq/ft sales price this area is still selling at around $190-$200...
Are the Barney's the ones who we saw moving gym equipment in the house? Where they chipped the walls and broke the banister and cracked the floor? That house?
They should put that clip on endless loop during their open houses!
edited: to change "their realtor" to "they" since they are their...
We used to live in Buffalo, NY. We lived within the city limits in an economically depressed neighborhood. Our neighbors paid $3,000 for a beautiful 4 bedroom, 3 bath home. It was a turn of the century home - 2 story Victorian style with hardwood floors, leaded glass windows, and huge front...
NSR, this is exactly the home owner that interests me most. I know there are speculators/owners who bought in early with plans to sell when the market was good. Of course they quickly grew to love the lifestyle and feel entitled to it. They HELOC'd their multimillion dollar homes to fund trips...
I'm not keen on jumping into this blood bath of a thread and potentially risking the ire of the Heads of State here at IHB but...I've been wondering the same thing as the original poster.
As I've stated in other threads I have been keeping an eye on the high end properties in Newport and...