Author Topic: The 2020 Presidential Election  (Read 54534 times)

Offline irvinehomeowner

• The Unicorn Hunter
  • Certified Irvine Addict
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 2215
  • -Received: 3599
  • 3CWG
Re: The 2020 Presidential Election
« Reply #1170 on: February 13, 2020, 12:23:24 PM »
I can agree morality changes over time but I guess I'm just applying what is moral at the time we are talking about.

Regardless of definition or relativity, I stand by my what I said... a president should have some level of morality even if they go against it.
Once you go 3-car garage... your junk can never go back.
3CWG: 3-Car Wide Garage
FCB: Foreign Cash Buyer
I recommend:
www.irvinerealtorsite.com
member: Soylent Green Is People (loans/refis)

Offline Happiness

• Thanks
  • -Given: 393
  • -Received: 334
« Reply #1171 on: February 13, 2020, 12:36:06 PM »
I think we can all agree that Jimmy Carter was and is a very moral person. Unlike modern virtue signalers, Carter has for decades been quietly doing charitable work, sometimes at great risk to his own life. Yet his presidency was marred by sky high interest rates, slow growth, inflation, high gas prices, and he didn't fight back when critics, sometimes unfairly, criticized his decisions. For Carter, being a moral man did not help him be an effective POTUS.

The following member(s) thanked this post:

Offline Mety

• Thanks
  • -Given: 148
  • -Received: 172
« Reply #1172 on: February 13, 2020, 12:57:42 PM »
Job Description of The President

The Constitution assigns the president two roles: chief executive of the federal government and Commander in Chief of the armed forces. As Commander in Chief, the president has the authority to send troops into combat, and is the only one who can decide whether to use nuclear weapons.

As chief executive, he enforces laws, treaties, and court rulings; develops federal policies; prepares the national budget; and appoints federal officials. He also approves or vetoes acts of Congress and grants pardons.

source from: https://www.scholastic.com/browse/article.jsp?id=4684

BTW their yearly salary is $400k. They gotta work at least 3 years to buy an attached condo Delano from Eastwood in full cash.

Offline Mety

• Thanks
« Reply #1173 on: February 13, 2020, 12:59:32 PM »
Not much requirement of being moral or having empathy from the job description I guess...

Offline irvinehomeowner

• The Unicorn Hunter
  • Thanks
  • 3CWG
« Reply #1174 on: February 13, 2020, 02:30:30 PM »
i need a president that's effective and makes life better for me and everyone of this great nation.

I guess it matters to me not just the what but the how and why. It's more than being effective, it's the method and manner. Life may be better for you but not for everyone.

so far, he's done that.

But at what cost?
I recommend:

Offline irvinehomeowner

• The Unicorn Hunter
  • Thanks
  • 3CWG
« Reply #1175 on: February 13, 2020, 02:33:25 PM »
I think we can all agree that Jimmy Carter was and is a very moral person. Unlike modern virtue signalers, Carter has for decades been quietly doing charitable work, sometimes at great risk to his own life. Yet his presidency was marred by sky high interest rates, slow growth, inflation, high gas prices, and he didn't fight back when critics, sometimes unfairly, criticized his decisions. For Carter, being a moral man did not help him be an effective POTUS.

I think there were some effective things that Carter was responsible for.
I recommend:

Offline Compressed-Village

• Thanks
  • -Given: 271
  • -Received: 195
« Reply #1176 on: February 13, 2020, 02:53:11 PM »
i need a president that's effective and makes life better for me and everyone of this great nation.

I guess it matters to me not just the what but the how and why. It's more than being effective, it's the method and manner. Life may be better for you but not for everyone.

so far, he's done that.

But at what cost?

To start 1.5 trillions tax cut, primary for .....yes yes everyone, right? The rich surely get their so call even share. 1% for the rich = A thousands % for the poor, except the poor get less much much less than that.

Offline Mety

• Thanks
« Reply #1177 on: February 13, 2020, 03:51:07 PM »
I thought CV was rich too.

• Thanks
« Reply #1178 on: February 13, 2020, 04:59:22 PM »
Funny. I never feel rich, I feel average. :).

Offline zubs

• Thanks
  • -Given: 68
  • -Received: 386
« Reply #1179 on: February 14, 2020, 10:08:57 AM »
Everything is relative. 

Someone asked me how to become rich.  I said hang out with people poorer than you.
You just gotta compare yourself to the people eating pagpag...then you're rich as hell.

The following member(s) thanked this post:

Offline Mety

• Thanks
« Reply #1180 on: February 14, 2020, 10:26:02 AM »
If you like Trump's new tax plan, you're rich. If you don't, you're not. Is that fair, CV?

• Thanks
« Reply #1181 on: February 14, 2020, 12:32:57 PM »
If you like Trump's new tax plan, you're rich. If you don't, you're not. Is that fair, CV?

That is fair to say that. This tax plan heavily favor corps and the big guys. Evidence, in the stock/ equities market.

While in my tax case it favors landlords overall.

The tax favor small and private landlords and easy write off.

The 5 % annual increase plus inflation, in my opinion is a huge win for landlord. Before landlord has to justify the increase, now all they have to do is point to the law. It said here I can increase 5 % and by the way inflation is 2 %. So there I am following the law.

Offline eyephone

• Thanks
  • -Given: 356
  • -Received: 619
« Reply #1182 on: February 14, 2020, 01:47:31 PM »

That is fair to say that. This tax plan heavily favor corps and the big guys. Evidence, in the stock/ equities market.

The 5 % annual increase plus inflation, in my opinion is a huge win for landlord. Before landlord has to justify the increase, now all they have to do is point to the law. It said here I can increase 5 % and by the way inflation is 2 %. So there I am following the law.

1. First of all the top big companies are paying nothing or close to nothing because they are too smart. The new tax plan supposed to get rid of that, but Trump has done nothing. Mean while stores are closing down left and right. It%u2019s not a fair playing field or something. I dont know what it is. Lack of crackdown or the new tax law if flawed to begin with.

2. Why not mention the cap on SALT? The cap on stale and local taxes. In my opinion slowed down RE market.

Offline eyephone

• Thanks
  • -Given: 356
  • -Received: 619
« Reply #1183 on: February 14, 2020, 01:48:32 PM »
It favors landlords if you have an LLC. Correct?

Offline Mety

• Thanks
« Reply #1184 on: February 14, 2020, 01:57:26 PM »

1. First of all the top big companies are paying nothing or close to nothing because they are too smart. The new tax plan supposed to get rid of that, but Trump has done nothing. Mean while stores are closing down left and right. I don%u2019t know what it is. Lack of crackdown or the new tax law if flawed to begin with.

2. Why not mention the cap on SALT? The cap on stale and local taxes. In my opinion slowed down RE market.

1. I think Amazon actually has taken over lots of businesses. Free and the same day shipping with Premium account is something most people use now days so they can order stuff they want with a touch of a button instantly. It's a matter of time those physical stores will close down eventually. I think this reason has more to do than the new tax plan.

2. While it is a less favorable thing especially in CA to have that SALT cap, I don't think that's the main reason RE is not giving you much appreciation as it used to in 2017-18. Be careful with saying "slow down."  ;)

Talk Irvine Links

[Recent Posts]
[FAQ / Rules]

Site Supporters

Related Links

Recent Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal