Author Topic: What the "Dow" is happening?  (Read 33581 times)

Offline OCLuvr

• Yearning for 949 / 714
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 15
  • -Received: 25
Re: What the "Dow" is happening?
« Reply #195 on: October 10, 2018, 07:35:39 PM »
Even though there would be a blue change in November?

Offline Ready2Downsize

• Certified Irvine Addict
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 15
  • -Received: 160
« Reply #196 on: October 10, 2018, 08:09:42 PM »

Maybe the stock market is predicting bad things coming our way with that blue wave.

All I knows is the day I left for my daughter's wedding in CO the market was at it's high and today is my first day back and now look what happened! LOL!

She married that cowboy she always said she would marry (which we all asked her how u gonna find yourself a cowboy in Cali?) and it seems to be a match made in heaven, so I'm happy...…… three girls and three awesome son in laws.

I can thank the crappy economy a decade ago for the two of them being together. Had it not been for the fact she got out of college at a time when teachers were being laid off she wouldn't have ventured to AZ to meet the love of her life.

So...…… about the market...…… Appl.... maybe a trading range or double top? Amazon...… should have got puts on that one when it hit a trillion market cap.

Offline fortune11

• Thanks
  • -Given: 136
  • -Received: 168
« Reply #197 on: October 11, 2018, 05:06:07 AM »

Maybe the stock market is predicting bad things coming our way with that blue wave.

Aw shucks ... looksy look  there

MAGA investing philosophy in a nutshell =>

When market goes up it is because of trump

When it goes down , blame imaginary Democrats

And here I thought you all good ol red blooded Americans were fired up after confirming kavanaugh and had crushed  the blue wave already ?

Market went down , rates unchanged . Why ? I will explain later in the day in  good detail for those who care .

In the meantime - any of the MAGA  investing “experts “ here want to pronounce any theories ?  were their portfolios were up in green yesterday , you know , because they are “active” managers :)

« Last Edit: October 11, 2018, 06:47:48 AM by fortune11 »

Online morekaos

• Thanks
  • -Given: 225
  • -Received: 238
« Reply #198 on: October 11, 2018, 07:41:32 AM »
I didn't blame the Dems for the fall yesterday.  I pointed out long ago that interest rates, being driven by inflation, the effect of a very strong economy driven by MAGA, will cause near term volatility and opportunities.  Totally normal and part of our now normalizing business cycle.  hint: if a money manager tells you "your account will go up every day"...run away from that guy.

https://youtu.be/vUXGDk4iVfA
« Last Edit: October 11, 2018, 08:32:36 AM by morekaos »

Online eyephone

• Thanks
  • -Given: 268
  • -Received: 540
« Reply #199 on: October 11, 2018, 08:56:50 AM »
Just reallocated my four Oh one Kay
« Last Edit: October 11, 2018, 09:03:51 AM by eyephone »

Offline Perspective

• Thanks
  • -Given: 117
  • -Received: 148
« Reply #200 on: October 11, 2018, 09:08:25 AM »
I didn't blame the Dems for the fall yesterday.  I pointed out long ago that interest rates, being driven by inflation, the effect of a very strong economy driven by MAGA, will cause near term volatility and opportunities.  Totally normal and part of our now normalizing business cycle.  hint: if a money manager tells you "your account will go up every day"...run away from that guy.

https://youtu.be/vUXGDk4iVfA

"Money manager"? Hah, soo early 2000s. If you have money to invest, read, learn, and don't waste money on grifters.

Online morekaos

• Thanks
« Reply #201 on: October 11, 2018, 09:16:11 AM »
Yes I am sure your Robo advisor is answering phones today....or crashing as they often do.  My clients like the human factor and are more than happy to get what they pay for.

Robo advisor websites crashed, cutting clients off from accounts

Robo advisors haven’t had much experience with market routs. When confronted with one on Monday, they struggled.

The web sites of two of the country’s biggest robo advisors — Wealthfront and Betterment — crashed as the S&P 500 sank 4.1%. Complaints quickly spread across Reddit and other Internet sites from people who had trouble logging onto their accounts. “Really?” wrote @jlpatel23 after he received a message from Wealthfront saying its site was down.

The glitches represent a setback for a niche of the financial market industry that has been booming of late as people have become more comfortable making investment decisions without speaking to human advisors.

https://www.financial-planning.com/articles/robo-adviser-websites-crashed-cutting-clients-off-from-accounts

Offline aquabliss

• Thanks
  • -Given: 163
  • -Received: 645
« Reply #202 on: October 11, 2018, 09:45:51 AM »

Thought about doing this but I never know when to reallocate back and usually miss the boat.  Figure I'll just ride it out and keep dollar cost averaging into it.

Online eyephone

• Thanks
« Reply #203 on: October 11, 2018, 09:49:44 AM »

Thought about doing this but I never know when to reallocate back and usually miss the boat.  Figure I'll just ride it out and keep dollar cost averaging into it.

My thought proces: already up this year so let’s see where we go approach. I can always switch back.

^ Peace and mind. Reduce the stress
« Last Edit: October 11, 2018, 10:04:41 AM by eyephone »

Offline Kings

• O.C. Resident
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 151
  • -Received: 171
« Reply #204 on: October 11, 2018, 10:37:51 AM »
some people seem to have short memories when it has come to rate hikes this year.  we'll be back to 26.5k by the end of the month and blasting through 27k when the blue wave comes in low tide. 

Offline Perspective

• Thanks
  • -Given: 117
  • -Received: 148
« Reply #205 on: October 11, 2018, 11:08:02 AM »
Yes I am sure your Robo advisor is answering phones today....or crashing as they often do.  My clients like the human factor and are more than happy to get what they pay for.

Robo advisor websites crashed, cutting clients off from accounts

Robo advisors haven’t had much experience with market routs. When confronted with one on Monday, they struggled.

The web sites of two of the country’s biggest robo advisors — Wealthfront and Betterment — crashed as the S&P 500 sank 4.1%. Complaints quickly spread across Reddit and other Internet sites from people who had trouble logging onto their accounts. “Really?” wrote @jlpatel23 after he received a message from Wealthfront saying its site was down.

The glitches represent a setback for a niche of the financial market industry that has been booming of late as people have become more comfortable making investment decisions without speaking to human advisors.

https://www.financial-planning.com/articles/robo-adviser-websites-crashed-cutting-clients-off-from-accounts

Nope, you don't need a robo-adviser, or any other type of wealth adviser. Just boring low-cost index funds.

Warren Buffett wins $1M bet against hedge funds and gives it to girls' charity
https://www.usatoday.com/story/money/markets/2018/01/02/warren-buffett-bet-against-hedge-funds-girls-charity/996993001/

Online morekaos

• Thanks
« Reply #206 on: October 11, 2018, 11:12:57 AM »
Of course, there is always a program tailored to what you can afford.

Online eyephone

• Thanks
« Reply #207 on: October 11, 2018, 02:09:12 PM »

On the phone taking calls from family members and friends. how to change their 40h won. This sh## is real.

(How am I suppose to know how every interface works?)

Offline qwerty

• Thanks
  • -Given: 2399
  • -Received: 1512
« Reply #208 on: October 11, 2018, 03:20:30 PM »
I’m leaving my 401k as is. This thing is bouncing back. Plus It’s hard to time it

Offline qwerty

• Thanks
  • -Given: 2399
  • -Received: 1512
« Reply #209 on: October 11, 2018, 06:24:25 PM »
Futures are up 250!!!! Back to making money! :-)

Talk Irvine Links

[Recent Posts]
[FAQ / Rules]

Site Supporters

Related Links

Recent Posts

Re: Housing Analysis by irvinehomeowner
[Today at 03:52:32 PM]

Attached SFR Homes by Mety
[Today at 03:08:36 PM]

Re: Housing Analysis by Mety
[Today at 02:58:39 PM]