Yulin Dog Meat Eating Festival

ukuoy said:
You guys don't have to travel that far. Hunters in northern Canada skin seals alive to get their fur.

In Canada it's illegal to skin or bleed a seal until it's dead.  After you shoot the seal, if it's not dead then you need to take a hakapik and hammer the seal in the forehead until the skull has been crushed.  However I do not believe this is a profitable industry as fur prices have fallen, and depopulating seal population will mean they won't be there as furry protein bars when you really need them.

In Taiwan the Supreme Court finally sanctioned natives to use breech loading firearms, where previously they were restricted to muzzle loading.  Howver due to ammunition restrictions, breech loading firearms that use industrial ammunition such as nail gun catridges are restricted to .27 caliber, which is difficult to humanely kill a wild boar these days even at close (~30 yards) range.  Due to rampant inter-breeding between farmer's imported pigs and the formosan wild boar, those feral hogs have gotten rather large.

yaliu07 said:
@paris, according to chinese news, volunteer spend 500,000 (RMB) and saved 1381 dogs.

You made my day Yaliu!  ;D I'm actually looking for charities that work to save the dogs from this evil tradition and some non-profits who are working to stop this horrible festival. If you know any good ones let me know.
If I can't go over there to stop it myself I might as well help fund the efforts of these good people.

yaliu07 said:
@paris, according to chinese news, volunteer spend 500,000 (RMB) and saved 1381 dogs.

yaliu07: March 26, 2015  144 most likely will attract less buyer because of feng shu. it seems alot of people prefer cemetery because they dont LIVE in Irvine. alot of people wants to relocate cemetery because they are close by resident. my reasons to relocate the cemetery
1. feng shui
2. ghost
3. house resale value
4. gun shot salute

so far, no one gave us a reason why cemetery can NOT relocate to less residential area or less asian area.

Ever get an answer to this?

Looks like dogs were not the only one been saved. :)

Cat Who Was Next To Be Slaughtered Learns Miracles Do Exist

During the Yulin Dog and Cat Meat Festival, which claims the lives of thousands of stray or stolen dogs and cats, a small white cat was spotted climbing the sides of the slaughterhouse enclosure.

In a rescue of miraculous proportions, Humane Society International's rescue workers made sure that her life did not end here. Along with a few other lucky cats and dogs, Huru was saved from slaughter at the very last moment.

Before

After

Back