Yulin Dog Meat Eating Festival

After all the awareness from this thread I think I'm going to become vegetarian.  :( And join PETA - there must be an OC angry moms PETA chapter somewhere

The problem is that the majority of the 7 billion people on this Earth only care about themselves, they don't give a shit about the environment we live in and how we're literally killing the planet and all the other species on it. All they care about is who's religion is more superior, who's country has the highest GDP or when the next iphone is coming out. There will be a day when it's too late to turn back, and then they will start to care when it's too late. I worry for the future of my children and know that we will see some of these catastrophes in our lifetime.

This is an interesting, very eye opening article http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...tinction-scientists-say-and-its-humans-fault/

Attachments

• trees.jpg
    trees.jpg
    134 KB · Views: 133
It's a good time to be a prepper.

prepper-1.jpg

The year was 1966 when I visited my brother in China the zenith of the Cultural Revolution. Starvation was everywhere due to no productivity and the lack of incentive to work hard since there were no reward for the hardworking citizens. My brother had very little food that was worthy of serving guests. Chinese must save face above all other needs. I remembered several hours before the family meal his family guard dogs was crying for 30 minutes and the saddest whine sound that I have ever heard. I learned later he was skinning his dog alive. I never ate dog and to this day I still remember that very moment almost 50 years ago when my brother tortured his dog.

Other than seafood I have been on vegetarian diet for quite sometime. I don't support cruelty to animals but cruelty to TI members is fine.

If you have nothing to eat, then I can imagine eating the family pet, but why skin it alive?

Chinese Nationals prefer the freshness of live meats and delicacies.

The best way to eat monkey brain is to tied a live monkey underneath a table top with a circular opening for the forehead to fit through. Then a sharp blade is placed flat on the table top to cut around the head to remove the scalp and skin to expose the brain. They then scoop the brain like ice cream while the monkey is dying.

Another delicacy is to fry a live fish from the gill to the tail and serve the fish to to the customers while the fish head is still breathing.

Dog tastes best when the time between life and death is kept to a minimum.

Lobster taste the best when cooked alive.

Fish taste fresh when steamed alive.

This is why Chinese restaurants stock live seafood.

There's a meat industry term called PSE: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PSE_meat

If you stress the animal prior to slaughter, it will negatively affect the apperance and taste of the meat.  Quality pork chops and steaks cost more, versus PSE meats thrown into a vat and turned into ground beef or SPAM cost less.

Not sure if this applies to octopus though.  I'm pretty sure the Octopus would be stressed if you were eating it alive, but they're pretty chewy and tasteless to begin with.

As for lobsters, even when you cut them in half sideways, they're still wiggling.  @_@;;  Always thought of them as giant cockroaches of the sea.

Seen some people eat those mini octopi while still wiggling. That's pretty disgusting as well

Catching up on the last couple pages of this thread. Can't believe anybody would need a "good" reason to not eat a mangy, infected street dog. Um. How about because you can get sick? I mean... why don't we eat sewer rats? We were given instructions thousands of years ago on which are clean and which are unclean. I'd feel I have nobody but myself to blame if I consumed the unclean and fell ill with parasites, disease, or it was bad for my general health.

Paris said:
qwerty said:
this is pretty damn sad. i dont care if its a cultural thing. it doesnt make it right or acceptable. common sense tells you dont kill any animal for consumption by skinning it alive.  im sure there are farmers here who dont follow all the rules as seen by some of those under cover stings by PETA but we are light years away from where China is.  Hopefully the animal lovers in China make progress on how to kill animals for consumption in a more humane manner. 

Maybe next year ill go to Yulin and skin of those fuckers alive, cut their dick and balls off and shove it down their fucking throat while they are still alive.

If you go to Yulin I'm coming with you!!  :mad:
I know I got overly excited about the festival being cancelled but it wasn't. Really heart breaking. I cannot even open those articles to look at the images
All we can truly do is support animal rights activist groups who are working VERY hard to be a voice for these innocent souls
You guys don't have to travel that far. Hunters in northern Canada skin seals alive to get their fur.

They don't need to go to Canada, have they seen current modern chicken barns  and the processes done to poults to keep them from attacking each other?

A different view of dogs -

Nepali festival to thank dogs for their friendship and royalty.
http://imgur.com/ydi5jMh
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dogs_in_religion#Hinduism

Dogs have a major religious significance among the Hindus in Nepal also in India particularly in Mithlanchal, North Bengal and Sikkim. The dogs are worshipped as a part of a five-day Tihar festival that falls roughly in November every year. In Hinduism, it is believed that dogs guard the doors of Heaven and Hell. This is a day when the dog is worshipped by applying tika (the holy vermilion dot), incense sticks and garlanded generally with marigold flower.[6] Sarama, the female dog of the gods, is described as the mother of all dogs.

The dog (Shvan) is also the vahana or mount of the Hindu god Bhairava. Yudhisthira had approached heaven with his dog,[7] therefore among many Hindus, the common belief exists that caring for dogs can also pave way to heaven.

And have u guys ordered any foie gras at one of the fancy French restaurant? If u realize how much cruelty the geese and ducks have to suffer for fatty liver... Google image or Youtube. Dont watch it while you are eating.

ukuoy said:
And have u guys ordered any foie gras at one of the fancy French restaurant? If u realize how much cruelty the geese and ducks have to suffer for fatty liver... Google image or Youtube. Dont watch it while you are eating.

Yes.. it's still very yummy. 

HomeOwner Irvine said:
A different view of dogs -

Nepali festival to thank dogs for their friendship and royalty.
http://imgur.com/ydi5jMh
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dogs_in_religion#Hinduism

Dogs have a major religious significance among the Hindus in Nepal also in India particularly in Mithlanchal, North Bengal and Sikkim. The dogs are worshipped as a part of a five-day Tihar festival that falls roughly in November every year. In Hinduism, it is believed that dogs guard the doors of Heaven and Hell. This is a day when the dog is worshipped by applying tika (the holy vermilion dot), incense sticks and garlanded generally with marigold flower.[6] Sarama, the female dog of the gods, is described as the mother of all dogs.

The dog (Shvan) is also the vahana or mount of the Hindu god Bhairava. Yudhisthira had approached heaven with his dog,[7] therefore among many Hindus, the common belief exists that caring for dogs can also pave way to heaven.

Yes I just saw this - it makes me very happy.

With all the very cruel ways we treat animals in this world I feel no sadness for those humans killed by animals.  And one day the organism that will take the greatest till on human life will be a virus like Ebola for which we have no cute in modern medicine. It's the Earth's natural form of population control. How do you think we contracted AIDS - eating monkeys.

yaliu07 said:
BTW, i am still trying to capture IHO.  I will <action> him most humane way possible and he SHOULD thank me!!!  :)

What are your plans once you catch him... Korean BBQ him or what?

SoCal said:
yaliu07 said:
BTW, i am still trying to capture IHO.  I will <action> him most humane way possible and he SHOULD thank me!!!  :)

What are your plans once you catch him... Korean BBQ him or what?

No, he'd make a better wiener schnitzel.  Pound with a mallet and then fry. ;)

Back