What went wrong?

Rizdak said:
What's up with all the hatred toward mainland Chinese? This morning I found someone's grandma digging through my recyclables for the $0.05 CRV bottles. Very industrious and considerate of her to make sure that I unscrewed all my bottle caps. She even used an empty stroller to discreetly haul the empties away. :)

If they were poor, worked in back of restaurants and collected soda cans in early mornings, you'd have fewer bitter melons on the forum.  Folks are bitter when they have to walk through 1st class seats to sit in economy, knowing they couldn't afford or splurge for better accommodations.  They get even angrier when people sitting in 1st class are less educated/cultured immigrants who are supposed to be inferior in socioeconomic status.
http://www.cnn.com/2016/05/02/health/air-rage-first-class-airplane-seating-study/

iacrenter said:
abosch00 said:
Rizdak said:
What's up with all the hatred toward mainland Chinese? This morning I found someone's grandma digging through my recyclables for the $0.05 CRV bottles. Very industrious and considerate of her to make sure that I unscrewed all my bottle caps. She even used an empty stroller to discreetly haul the empties away. :)

Wow.....just wow.  Where was this?

Using a baby carriage to move the recyclables is pure genius.
http://www.timeout.com/paris/en/things-to-do/hemingways-paris

When Hemingway was struggling for money, he often took refuge amid the landscaped parterres of the Jardin du Luxembourg, where 'you saw and smelled nothing to eat from the place de l'Observatoire to the rue de Vaugirard.' He even claimed that he?d sometimes strangled the park?s pigeons, hiding them in his son?s pram (baby stroller), to provide food for the family.

momopi said:
Rizdak said:

If they were poor, worked in back of restaurants and collected soda cans in early mornings, you'd have fewer bitter melons on the forum.  Folks are bitter when they have to walk through 1st class seats to sit in economy, knowing they couldn't afford or splurge for better accommodations.  They get even angrier when people sitting in 1st class are less educated/cultured immigrants who are supposed to be inferior in socioeconomic status.
http://www.cnn.com/2016/05/02/health/air-rage-first-class-airplane-seating-study/

You mistake a dirty looking, Chinese grandma picking at someone's trash as a person that's poor or lower on the social-economic status. She actually may have ten million sitting in the bank. This "forever peasant" mentality keeps people sharp so that they don't get soft and lazy over time. Be wary of these kinds of people not because they are digging in your trash, but because they will take everything you own while you're napping and looking down on how uncivilized they are.

The next thing you know, you'll be displaced, angry, blaming immigrants for your woes, and voting for Trump to make America great again.

To put this situation in another context, if we were suddenly put into a famine crisis, that grandma would definitely "make it" and survive while most others die off.

B2FiNiTY said:
To put this situation in another context, if we were suddenly put into a famine crisis, that grandma would definitely "make it" and survive while most others die off.

There is no skill in trash scavenging.

eyephone said:
B2FiNiTY said:

There is no skill in trash scavenging.

not really the skill that counts but the drive and hunger to hustle for every penny. I'll be this grandma will be pushing us out of the way for that last piece of rat tail when there is nothing left to eat.

#stayrichordietrying

If your only source of food was rats and small game, you might develop "rabbit starvation" as observed by Lewis and Clark: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rabbit_starvation

Also, rats, squirrels, rabbits, etc. only provide ~500 calories.  I'd suggest stockpiling variety of food with long shelf life (or stock of rotating canned foods).  Caveat:  buy the smaller packages or cans to taste test before ordering bulk.
http://beprepared.com/

momopi said:
  Folks are bitter when they have to walk through 1st class seats to sit in economy, knowing they couldn't afford or splurge for better accommodations.  They get even angrier when people sitting in 1st class are less educated/cultured immigrants who are supposed to be inferior in socioeconomic status.

Maybe they're just a little resentful because they have to step in urine-soaked carpet on the flight. The smell must be awful for everyone aboard. This is an Air China flight from Zhengzhou to Beijing.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/travel/t...allows-granddaughter-URINATE-floor-plane.html

"Shocking photos show the moment 'woman allows her granddaughter to URINATE on the floor in plane'

irvinehomeshopper said:
Mainlanders are bad news and avoid them at all cost as your neighbors. They have not been proven as good citizens and wherever they have inhabited became devastation. Where ever they have been traveling to left a bitterness in the host countries and embarrassed the PROC. Diversities without them is a better blend.

I read this, thought of you:

"The Disney Dump: New $5.5 Billion Shanghai Theme Park Is Trashed By Visitors Dumping Rubbish, Trampling Flowers, And Letting Children Urinate In Public (And It's Not Even Open Yet)"

It's sad to see how they've trashed the place, including vandalizing it with graffiti. Pics in the link.

Yeah that article is horrible.  A couple paper towels on a bathroom floor is destroying it.  Bunch of nonsense. 

SoCal said:
irvinehomeshopper said:
Mainlanders are bad news and avoid them at all cost as your neighbors. They have not been proven as good citizens and wherever they have inhabited became devastation. Where ever they have been traveling to left a bitterness in the host countries and embarrassed the PROC. Diversities without them is a better blend.

"The Disney Dump: New $5.5 Billion Shanghai Theme Park Is Trashed By Visitors Dumping Rubbish, Trampling Flowers, And Letting Children Urinate In Public (And It's Not Even Open Yet)"

It's sad to see how they've trashed the place, including vandalizing it with graffiti. Pics in the link.
They should build more Disney resorts in mainland China so mainland Chinese tourists won't need to come to Disneyland and WDW.

SoCal said:
irvinehomeshopper said:

when you gotta go, you gotta go! Especially if you are told you have to hold it because the flight is descending.

wr9ohp7.jpg

Back