What went wrong?

irvinehomeshopper said:
Irvine is different from GG. One Irvine land baron controls all land asset. Without competition and careful development protect all future land value. GG had too many agricultural land barons under mining each others' land value just like supermarkets in Little Saigon that kept lowering prices to attract customers.

Irvine development is coming to an end. Bren's legacy is complete. The most talented and the seasoned of the in house design group were let go several years ago ranging from master planning, land planning, apartment development and etc.

You are the generation that will witness the end of development on the Irvine Ranch. There will be no more new homes to benchmark or illogically raise the price ceiling.

Without new growth the entire City will have to adopt a new way of thinking. City will have to adapt and survive without permit fees and other big ticket items. The political direction will have to serve the people rather than serving the corporate constituents.

TIC will be a property management company. It's portfolio has already expanded to many other cities in the US including locally the platinum triangle and Silicon Valley.

As the company no longer sell new homes property value protection will not be of the company's interest.

The focus will be to deter people from buying homes and to rent forever.

I have a few friends working at TIC and what you mentioned is consistent with what I've been hearing. I'm wondering if buying in high immigrant concentrated neighbors will impact resale in the future. Especially if many of the new immigrants seem to purchase for rental income. What are your thoughts? Would it be better to pick a development that has a greater mix?

New house smell is what keeps up the new area values, diversity is what keeps up the older area values.

#TIisalwaysaboutrace

It's finally here. The talented development team was dismantled and the few new hires will finish loose ends. There is no more land in Irvine. Eastwood and Orchard are the last of the final frontier. Have I been wrong?

Happiness said:
For the last 20 years I've been hearing about the impending end of residential development on the Ranch.

Another card up there sleeve. Convert apartment to condos?

irvinehomeshopper said:
It's finally here. The talented development team was dismantled and the few new hires will finish loose ends. There is no more land in Irvine. Eastwood and Orchard are the last of the final frontier. Have I been wrong?

Happiness said:
For the last 20 years I've been hearing about the impending end of residential development on the Ranch.

Mainlanders are bad news and avoid them at all cost as your neighbors. They have not been proven as good citizens and wherever they have inhabited became devastation. Where ever they have been traveling to left a bitterness in the host countries and embarrassed the PROC. Diversities without them is a better blend. 

Irvine Fanatic said:
irvinehomeshopper said:
Irvine is different from GG. One Irvine land baron controls all land asset. Without competition and careful development protect all future land value. GG had too many agricultural land barons under mining each others' land value just like supermarkets in Little Saigon that kept lowering prices to attract customers.

Irvine development is coming to an end. Bren's legacy is complete. The most talented and the seasoned of the in house design group were let go several years ago ranging from master planning, land planning, apartment development and etc.

You are the generation that will witness the end of development on the Irvine Ranch. There will be no more new homes to benchmark or illogically raise the price ceiling.

Without new growth the entire City will have to adopt a new way of thinking. City will have to adapt and survive without permit fees and other big ticket items. The political direction will have to serve the people rather than serving the corporate constituents.

TIC will be a property management company. It's portfolio has already expanded to many other cities in the US including locally the platinum triangle and Silicon Valley.

As the company no longer sell new homes property value protection will not be of the company's interest.

I have a few friends working at TIC and what you mentioned is consistent with what I've been hearing. I'm wondering if buying in high immigrant concentrated neighbors will impact resale in the future. Especially if many of the new immigrants seem to purchase for rental income. What are your thoughts? Would it be better to pick a development that has a greater mix?

Apartment parking ratio is 1.9 including garage and street parking.

Condo is 2.75 please explain to me how this is possible for conversion. Sure you can buy a vacant lot next door and convert it to a parking lot to make up the parking deficit but the city code is specific that guest parking must be within 175' to the intended front door of the homes served.

eyephone said:
Another card up there sleeve. Convert apartment to condos?

irvinehomeshopper said:

Happiness said:

eyephone said:
There are or has been communities with roof top decks. Seems like every other developer are doing this.

irvinehomeshopper said:
Sorry I can't disclose my next 5 projects. All will be ready by this Thanksgiving. Stay tune when the time is right for me to disclose info here or check with Landofnoland.com if you can't wait.

eyephone said:
irvinehomeshopper said:
I am totally aware of the heavy influx of immigrants. Their trail is nothing but destruction and undesirable environment. Hacienda Hts, Rowland Heights, Arcadia, Monterey Park, Temple City, Rosemead, Brea, Diamond Bar, Chino Hills are just a few of the examples that are less desirable than 15 year ago. Both GG and Westminster are just the same even FV and a part of HB are undesirable.

As much as possible I go out of the way to design architectural styles and lifestyle floor plans that appeal to the white, Indians, middle easterners and well assimilated Asians. Ellwood I deliberately designed to the diversities. The cottages are not the FCB style. FCBs love the Sbrenish styles. I am interested in a balanced demographic and I will deliberately position the stairs and powder near the front door to ward off FCBs. At other locations I will design a loft overlooking a IHO volume space just for the FCBs.

So did you design all other new homes with rooftop decks?

There was a development in downtown Fullerton that offered roof top deck and room addition at additional cost. Was told the deck wasn't very popular. But in Irvine new homes are on stamp sized lots already, so patios and rooftop decks can be used for Alaska grow buckets.
http://www.alaskagrowbuckets.com

D?j? Vu

19th century European immigrants to the US came in waves, Jewish, Polish, Irish, German, Italian, etc.  They congregated in ethnic enclaves and turned them into "Little Italy", "Polish Hills", and so on.

The "native" locals, perhaps descendants of earlier Anglos, turns up their noses to the immigrants who "ruined" the neighborhood and were more loyal to their ethnicity.  When Kingdom of Italy invaded Empire of Ethiopia, the US imposed economic embargo on Italy and Italians residing in the US send copper postcards to Italy in protest and bypass the copper export embargo.

It took 2 world wars, the railroad, and 3 generations for the immigrants to eventually assimilate and move out of the enclaves ("slums").

Today we have lots of flared nostrils at first gen FOB's again.  LoL.  What makes it worse is immigrants who are supposed to be poor and looking up to better educated and established locals are, in some cases, more loaded and look down on the poorer locals.  ;)  Lots of envy for the richer competing for premium housing, and not a whisper for poorer Mexican slums.

The simple solution is to build cemetery park in the middle of several master planned communities.  Instead of Orchid Hills we could have Rose Hills, with nice view of green cemetery on rolling hills facing your front door and windows.

I could b*tch and moan about how Hacienda Heights was better in 1980s when it was less developed and had more small game.  With a Daisy pellet gun you could save money on food by going after rabbits and pid...rock doves.  But earlier residents, like the Gabrielino Indians prolly have even more to say about the immigrants that ruined their home.

irvinehomeshopper said:

Happiness said:
I'll believe residential development on the Ranch has ended when they stop releasing new Portola Springs enclaves.

Happiness said:
irvinehomeshopper said:

Happiness said:
I'll believe residential development on the Ranch has ended when they stop releasing new Portola Springs enclaves.

does anyone know what's the plan for this land?

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    72.9 KB · Views: 272
irvinehomeshopper said:
Mainlanders are bad news and avoid them at all cost as your neighbors. They have not been proven as good citizens and wherever they have inhabited became devastation. Where ever they have been traveling to left a bitterness in the host countries and embarrassed the PROC. Diversities without them is a better blend. 

Irvine Fanatic said:
irvinehomeshopper said:

Agreed on the part of mainlanders.  Because of the high concentration of them as well as higher wealth bracket, I see it even harder for them to assimilate to local value. 

I compared current situation to RH due to the high influx or well to do Taiwanese and their parachute kids to that area back in late 90's, who refuse to even learn the language.

So if no more new developments means no more artificial rise of property value, the question is, where to next?

What's up with all the hatred toward mainland Chinese? This morning I found someone's grandma digging through my recyclables for the $0.05 CRV bottles. Very industrious and considerate of her to make sure that I unscrewed all my bottle caps. She even used an empty stroller to discreetly haul the empties away. :)

Rizdak said:
What's up with all the hatred toward mainland Chinese? This morning I found someone's grandma digging through my recyclables for the $0.05 CRV bottles. Very industrious and considerate of her to make sure that I unscrewed all my bottle caps. She even used an empty stroller to discreetly haul the empties away. 

What if you saw a guy/family/fill in the blank going through your blue bin that has a truck with used furniture and recyclables in the back of the truck?

Rizdak said:
What's up with all the hatred toward mainland Chinese? This morning I found someone's grandma digging through my recyclables for the $0.05 CRV bottles. Very industrious and considerate of her to make sure that I unscrewed all my bottle caps. She even used an empty stroller to discreetly haul the empties away. :)

Wow.....just wow.  Where was this?

abosch00 said:
Rizdak said:

Using a baby carriage to move the recyclables is pure genius.

This is Tustin Field which I'm guessing is 50% Asian. Grandma even attached the rear-facing car seat to hide the "baby" - lol. I didn't have the heart to stop her.

abosch00 said:
Rizdak said:

Digging through others trash is illegal isn't it?

People can just call the cop if they saw it happening. 

Back