What are you craving for right now?

Anyone who shops regularly at an Asian grocer know if they get many "foreigners" in there or not?

I went into an Asian grocer - don't remember the name - with my Indian friends. Everybody (when I say "everybody" I mean the Asians) was staring at me like they were looking at a person with 3 heads. It was very awkward and uncomfortable. Are we not wanted in there or something?? Staring like... take a picture, it will last longer. That kind of staring. I don't understand. This store was in Torrance. Maybe they don't get many new customers. I've wanted to visit one in Irvine but would like to feel free to browse in peace. And what are they hoping will happen by staring? I do not get it at all. Maybe it's a cultural thing!

SoCal78 said:
Anyone who shops regularly at an Asian grocer know if they get many "foreigners" in there or not?

I went into an Asian grocer - don't remember the name - with my Indian friends. Everybody (when I say "everybody" I mean the Asians) was staring at me like they were looking at a person with 3 heads. It was very awkward and uncomfortable. Are we not wanted in there or something?? Staring like... take a picture, it will last longer. That kind of staring. I don't understand. This store was in Torrance. Maybe they don't get many new customers. I've wanted to visit one in Irvine but would like to feel free to browse in peace. And what are they hoping will happen by staring? I do not get it at all. Maybe it's a cultural thing!

Ranch 99, Mitsuwa, and Wholesome Choice commonly have Caucasian customers--though you will always be part of the minority.

iacrenter said:
SoCal78 said:

Ranch 99, Mitsuwa, and Wholesome Choice commonly have Caucasian customers--though you will always be part of the minority.
I love Wholesome Choice's food court!

Yohan?

SoCal78 said:

traceimage said:
SoCal78 said:

Does 99 Ranch count? Nobody stares at me when I go there, but they do have a lot of non-Asian customers, so maybe that doesn't count.

Or maybe after 8 years of marriage to an Asian man and countless restaurant outings where I'm the only non-Asian person in the room, I've just become oblivious to being stared at!

The only time I really notice Asians staring is when I'm with my son without my husband, and their eyes are darting back and forth between my son and me (trying to determine if he is part Asian, I assume). That happens occasionally.

Always thought you were Asian.  :eek:

I don't know where to put this...

Orange Diet Coke - the smart - soda dispensor

IMG_20120421_134534.jpg

roundcorners said:

I never knew they made flavored diet Coke. Very interesting. Happy to hear about this. I wonder if it comes in cans. I drink one mini can of Coke Zero every day and am bored with it.

Oh man... I love that machine.

They have flavored everything.

@SoCal: The only flavor of Coke Zero I know of in a can (or bottle) is Cherry Coke Zero... it's good.

roundcorners said:

IMG_20120421_134534.jpg
The only one of those that I've seen was over at the Pick-up-Stix off Alton and Jeffery.

USCTrojanCPA said:
The only one of those that I've seen was over at the Pick-up-Stix off Alton and Jeffery.

I can think of 2 other Irvine'ish locations with these machines. Pei Wei in the District has one. So does Rubio's in The Marketplace.

i was just craving some Reese's mini peanut butter cups so i got the bag out from the pantry and im pretty sure i just finished half of it.  i always fall for these marketing tricks. i get the mini version of things thinking that its better to kill a craving then i eat more than if i would have just bought a regular two pack of regular size peanut butter cups! I hate you Hershey Company!

Back