What are you craving for right now?

I just had my going away party for work at Curry House.  ^_^  (I quit my job!)

Yesterday I had an odd craving for sauerkraut, so I ended up at Jagerhaus in Anaheim:
http://www.yelp.com/biz/jagerhaus-anaheim

IMAGE_942AEA12-1298-4F01-898C-494B51DCC36C.JPG

IMAGE_ACD8D424-F739-4AF4-803C-E4787FC3A8C7.JPG

It's um...  "OK".  I miss my Irish-German friend's home cooking.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dzEmie2euRA&feature=related[/youtube]

Feel like a big greasy burger and some rings... Maybe a double
Char at the Habit?  Chicken club sounds good to.

ps9 said:
Feel like a big greasy burger and some rings... Maybe a double
Char at the Habit?  Chicken club sounds good to.

this is much much better than the habit - peters gourmade, its worth the drive, corner of Mcfadden/Newport - this is the ABC burger. I get the regular cheeseburger, but since your are more adventourous, this the ABC burger.

img_burger_e.jpg

Heard from co-workers that the Habit drive thru is a bitch.  Went to jack in the crack instead and scored two BLT cheeseburgers and large curly fries.. $6 of guilty pleasure.

ps9 said:
Heard from co-workers that the Habit drive thru is a bitch.  Went to jack in the crack instead and scored two BLT cheeseburgers and large curly fries.. $6 of guilty pleasure.

ive been in the drive thru when it was 6-7 cars deep, it wasnt bad at all. moved pretty fast, much faster than i expected actually.

In my second year of my career we were out for lunch on st pattys days, we were all drinking. We were going to leave the office at 3 to continue drinking, didn't want to stop drinking so went to the store got some Malibu and put it in a water bottle and kept drinking at the office.

Coming back from the track, my buddy and I stopped for gas and we were craving a burger.  So what was next to the gas station?  A Tommy's Burger...it was a sign that was meant to be for dinner.

Tyler Durden said:
USCTrojanCPA said:
Coming back from the track, my buddy and I stopped for gas and we were craving a burger.  So what was next to the gas station?  A Tommy's Burger...it was a sign that was meant to be for dinner.

Their chili is disgusting.  I am convinced it is not actually meat.

Most places take their old burgers (the ones that are dried up or burned and shred those to make chili).  Not sure how Tommy's makes it, but the texture is more like the sofaritas (seasoned tofu) at Chipotle.

your crazy man. Tommy's chili is the best chili, only chili i like actually. may not be meat, but its damn good.

Tyler Durden said:
qwerty said:
Tyler Durden said:
USCTrojanCPA said:

Their chili is disgusting.  I am convinced it is not actually meat.

Most places take their old burgers (the ones that are dried up or burned and shred those to make chili).  Not sure how Tommy's makes it, but the texture is more like the sofaritas (seasoned tofu) at Chipotle.

your crazy man. Tommy's chili is the best chili, only chili i like actually. may not be meat, but its damn good.

Can you even get it without the burger?  I had it at the location on Lincoln and Pico in Santa Monica in 2005.  Couldn't bear to try it again.

yeah you can. they sell the chili separately to go. when i get takeout from there i get a chili burger, fries and the medium chili to go then i dip the fries in the chili after every burger bite. if i got chili fries the fries would be too soggy by the time i got home and ate them.

Said it before and still stand by it.. Tommy Pastrami (next to Fukada) has the best chili in town.  Lick the bowl clean (it's not a pretty site for a grown man)

Back