Trevi @ Orchard Hills

Trevis are selling pretty well. 

btw, Dr. Travel, are you collecting the entire Irvine new home price sheets?  Which new home communities are you interested in?

DrTravel said:
FYI - Definitely out of my price range. Some view lots.
So even Trevi only went up about $200K, which is not bad but pales in comparison to the La Vita increase.  Even Rosemist at PP went up by $300K I think from the first to last phase

Goriot said:

btw, Dr. Travel, are you collecting the entire Irvine new home price sheets?  Which new home communities are you interested in?

On Spring Break so I figured I would update this forum with some current price data. Have been interested in BP, OH and EW. I'm done with my current mission. Time for some hoops and junk food.

DrTravel said:
Goriot said:

On Spring Break so I figured I would update this forum with some current price data. Have been interested in BP, OH and EW. I'm done with my current mission. Time for some hoops and junk food.
Thanks DrTravel, it was very interesting.

Irvine Dream said:
DrTravel said:
FYI - Definitely out of my price range. Some view lots.
So even Trevi only went up about $200K, which is not bad but pales in comparison to the La Vita increase.  Even Rosemist at PP went up by $300K I think from the first to last phase

PP is really hard to compare with though...I think it's pretty clear that the builders mispriced the homes at first but then repriced pretty quietly thereafter. 

WTTCHMN said:
aquabliss said:

What's up with the street name?  I thought IHS said streets in Irvine were supposed to be names of animals, trees and rocks.

For $3 million, the exterior of the home is rather plain.

Trevi has all sorts of interesting street names.
Andirons
Candleglow
Homecoming
Treasure
Quiet Place

You're right the front yard could use a re-do but the backyard awesome pool and spa make up for it. 

aquabliss said:
WTTCHMN said:
aquabliss said:

What's up with the street name?  I thought IHS said streets in Irvine were supposed to be names of animals, trees and rocks.

For $3 million, the exterior of the home is rather plain.

Trevi has all sorts of interesting street names.
Andirons
Candleglow
Homecoming
Treasure
Quiet Place

You're right the front yard could use a re-do but the backyard awesome pool and spa make up for it.

The others aren't so bad, but imagine every time you tell someone you live on Andy Irons and they reply, "Who?"

Or, "I live on Quiet Place."

"Oh, that must be nice.  Can you hear the toll road from the bedroom?"

The other annoying thing about Irvine's two word street names is that when you tell someone, they never know if it's one word or two.

Candle Glow or Candleglow

Wagon Wheel or Wagonwheel

Then the person will ask, "Is that Lane, Street, Rd" and you have to explain it's Irvine, there is none.

I think on the street sign, Quite Place actually says "Quiet Pl" which is rare for Irvine.  Have to revisit that though.

aquabliss said:

Personally if I were buying in this price point I would much rather buy in shady canyon. The homes have more charm, more character. I mean for this price point on this Trevi resale there's not even any crown moulding and even the light fixtures appear cheap - quite plain and underwhelming. Sure the backyard pool is nice but remember this is a $3 million PLUS product they are trying to sell. They need to up their game.
https://www.redfin.com/CA/Irvine/26-Prairie-Grass-92603/home/5899759
https://www.redfin.com/CA/Irvine/15-Vernal-Spg-92603/home/5899693

I agree with Paris about Shady.

Same thing with buying in Hidden Canyon instead of Quail Hill.

But some people just prefer new.

USCTrojanCPA said:
aquabliss said:
Trevi Resale $3.4M:https://www.redfin.com/CA/Irvine/109-Larksong-92602/home/109042269

Says $800k in upgrades.  I mean the finishes are pretty nice, but $800k worth?!  Also might want to pay $15k to a good stager since you are selling your home for Three point Four Freakin' Million Dollars.

Not only that but no window coverings and secondary bathroom enclosures for the $800k in upgrades?  FAIL!!!

I bet this property was meant to be an investment flip from the get go-- several of the bathrooms don't even have mirrors on the walls (including the master bath), and also no window coverings whatsoever, so I assume that no one ever moved in. That yard is really depressing for such a large house.

They went with a conservatory which adds 300 sq ft but you lose the California room. With such a small setback it really does make the backyard puny for that size home. Should have DEFINITELY kept the California room instead! 8)

Upon checking this thread and seeing some older flyers I picked up from the Trevi models in the past I see prices lower at subsequent phase releases.  Without knowing exact lots and view/no view details its hard to pinpoint if there was a price drop.  Can anyone tell me if a price drop did occur or it doesn't/didn't happen?

Back