Trevi @ Orchard Hills

eqly said:
Upon checking this thread and seeing some older flyers I picked up from the Trevi models in the past I see prices lower at subsequent phase releases.  Without knowing exact lots and view/no view details its hard to pinpoint if there was a price drop.  Can anyone tell me if a price drop did occur or it doesn't/didn't happen?

Not 100%, but most of the Trevi lots that are remaining are in the lower elevation near the school and Culver.  You will get a nice view of the Orchard Hills School Roof or the Culver Street.

The ones with the nicer view and higher elevation have been taken.

I'm just thinking how high could these homes appreciate over time? Could this be a $4 million house in 3-5 years from know. What type of economy would we have to sustain such price increases.

I'm sensing that anything above $2 million will have a flat line over the coming years..

Just my 2c

I personally prefer the tract homes in Shady for a similar price, however, the Trevi homes are selling for $150-$200/sf less.  I don't mind the older floorplans and prefer the larger lots, but some people might not care about lot size and want the open floorplan.  Is it just me or does this great room turn you off.  Looks more like a banquet hall than a place I would want to settle down to at the end of the day and relax. 

Attachments

• genMid.TR16704953_14_0.jpg
    genMid.TR16704953_14_0.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 333
irvine buyer said:
I personally prefer the tract homes in Shady for a similar price, however, the Trevi homes are selling for $150-$200/sf less.  I don't mind the older floorplans and prefer the larger lots, but some people might not care about lot size and want the open floorplan.  Is it just me or does this great room turn you off.  Looks more like a banquet hall than a place I would want to settle down to at the end of the day and relax.

True but you'd think otherwise with some nice interior design features/ furniture in there. Staging is everything. esp for houses in this price range why can't they pay for staging? They'd likely get their money back, a faster sale and even a better sales price.

irvine buyer said:

It's the conservatory option over the California room.  The conservatory adds 2-300 sq ft but reduces the setback pretty significantly. You lose a covered oudoor entertaining space and it gives the great room the feel of an auditorium.  Not a fan...

irvine buyer said:
great room concept may makes sense for smaller/normal sized homes, but yeah, when you take the same idea to a much larger footprint, it may not work as well. 

what would be nice is that they add garage space proportional to house size...

Paris said:
irvine buyer said:

True but you'd think otherwise with some nice interior design features/ furniture in there. Staging is everything. esp for houses in this price range why can't they pay for staging? They'd likely get their money back, a faster sale and even a better sales price.
This seems to be the case more often than not when a FCB has performed a spec purchase and wants to flip. I guess the realtors that cater to that group don't understand or care about how an empty home shows, or they (realtor and/or owner) don't want to pay for staging.

I just got an email saying Trevi is releasing the models for sale soon. I thought they still had more homes to be released but I haven't been in the sales office in a while. Any idea why they would release the models prior to all the other phases being released?

Irvine Dream said:
Rtlguru said:
https://www.redfin.com/CA/Irvine/115-Treasure-92602/home/112718197

Dreamer listing for 3.9 with no view, but larger lot backing furrow.

Will be interesting to see how much the models will be this weekend.
Vow, don't know where the $300K interior improvement went .  Trevi basic stuff must be bad then.  Yard however is superb.  Wonder how much they spent on that

Listing says 600k. Is that possible?? Looks like basic concrete and grass with some nice trees.

Rtlguru said:
Irvine Dream said:
Rtlguru said:

Vow, don't know where the $300K interior improvement went .  Trevi basic stuff must be bad then.  Yard however is superb.  Wonder how much they spent on that

Listing says 600k. Is that possible?? Looks like basic concrete and grass with some nice trees.

More like $160k max.  With Toll Brothers homes for less, they are dreaming....they closed for $3.2m and change plus landscaping.  They'll be lucky to sell and break even after closing costs and landscape costs.

Rtlguru said:
Irvine Dream said:
Rtlguru said:

Yes it is possible! This owner had the builder install the landscaping. Plus, those date palm trees are expensive. Those trees are at least $3000 each and since they went through the builder they probably got charged double per tree.

The landscaping is nicely done for being so minimal, but it should be for that price.

If I'm going to pay high $3M, I'd rather get a 1/3rd acre lot in Shady with a pool, mountain views, and lots of elbow room between my neighbors.

Back