Save the Memorial Park! Vote No on Measure B ballot June 5th

Burn That Belly said:
Irvinecommuter said:
Happiness said:
Back in 2017, the city pretty much dared the county to put a homeless shelter in the Great Park:

Check this out:
https://voiceofoc.org/2017/11/irvin...r-big-commercial-development-near-great-park/

Irvine Councilwoman Christina Shea said, in a Thursday night phone interview, the County shouldn?t be in the development business.
?In our opinion the County of Orange should not be in the business of retail and residential and building a very dense and very aggressive complex over there near the Great Park,? Shea said. ?They should be in the business of taking care of the homeless, which is a very high priority in the county ? those four supervisors have stepped way over the line on this.?

/eyeroll.  County is never and will never put a homeless shelter there.

Doesn't matter what they put there. It's the psychological warfare (thought) of putting anything there that affects ROI. It continues to be a lingering threat and a weapon of dirty tactics for future political discussions.
Capitalism 101 - Markets Hate Uncertainty

Burn That Belly said:
And the F'd up part about it was that 5P was silent nearly the entire time and the PEOPLE (who paid such a high price in MR) had to do the work for the developer... by demonstrating. 

I'd be pissed if I just closed on a home, then sank $7K to MR, and then had to go hold signs with my children. That's NOT the "Happiness starts here" brochure I was given. That's the "Nightmare starts here!" brochure they forgot to give out.

CISGY3i.jpg

As I previously stated they should of planned for a big museum dedicated to veterans and military that would be designed by the greatest architects. (Architect from the US of course)

They currently have a museum at great park. But how about a musuem 10 times that size.

Happiness said:
Burn That Belly said:
Irvinecommuter said:
Happiness said:
Back in 2017, the city pretty much dared the county to put a homeless shelter in the Great Park:

Check this out:
https://voiceofoc.org/2017/11/irvin...r-big-commercial-development-near-great-park/

Irvine Councilwoman Christina Shea said, in a Thursday night phone interview, the County shouldn?t be in the development business.
?In our opinion the County of Orange should not be in the business of retail and residential and building a very dense and very aggressive complex over there near the Great Park,? Shea said. ?They should be in the business of taking care of the homeless, which is a very high priority in the county ? those four supervisors have stepped way over the line on this.?

Doesn't matter what they put there. It's the psychological warfare (thought) of putting anything there that affects ROI. It continues to be a lingering threat and a weapon of dirty tactics for future political discussions.

Capitalism 401, most money is made during uncertainties.

soyi said:
Happiness said:
Burn That Belly said:
Irvinecommuter said:
Happiness said:

Check this out:

Capitalism 401, most money is made during uncertainties.

That's only true if 5P reduces GPNs prices to reflect the uncertainty.

Burn That Belly said:
eyephone said:
As I previously stated they should of planned for a big museum dedicated to veterans and military that would be designed by the greatest architects. (Architect from the US of course)

They currently have a museum at great park. But how about a musuem 10 times that size.

The problem with that is that it wouldn't generate much revenue to fund the maintenance and operations of the museum and people aren't exactly going berserk for them like they do when they attend Poison concerts. This is why GP opted for the ice rink, amphitheater and selling booze, plus the water park to generate ticket sales.

There is no other neighborhood in Irvine like Great Park (other than Spectrum but that isn't exactly a neighborhood) that has the potential to generate a lot of revenue to potentially offset the costs of MR. That's why I said they could host weekly concerts, back-to-back friday, saturday nights of the hottest artists in town, raking in millions per week, hockey games, etc. Nobody would need to pay MR at GP. The Park literally pays for itself.

They should bring Coachella to the Great Park. Coachella grossed $114M in just ONE event.

They could of donated the land to a nonprofit or government releasing GP from any liability and costs.

Back to my idea. Guest speakers on a quarterly basis something like Talk Ted. Maybe a tech space to help veterans with technology questions. The musuem could of been booked throughout the year with field trips and events.

Burn That Belly said:
eyephone said:
Burn That Belly said:
eyephone said:

The problem with that is that it wouldn't generate much revenue to fund the maintenance and operations of the museum and people aren't exactly going berserk for them like they do when they attend Poison concerts. This is why GP opted for the ice rink, amphitheater and selling booze, plus the water park to generate ticket sales.

There is no other neighborhood in Irvine like Great Park (other than Spectrum but that isn't exactly a neighborhood) that has the potential to generate a lot of revenue to potentially offset the costs of MR. That's why I said they could host weekly concerts, back-to-back friday, saturday nights of the hottest artists in town, raking in millions per week, hockey games, etc. Nobody would need to pay MR at GP. The Park literally pays for itself.

They should bring Coachella to the Great Park. Coachella grossed $114M in just ONE event.

They could of donated the land to a nonprofit or government releasing GP from any liability and costs.

Back to my idea. Guest speakers on a quarterly basis something like Talk Ted. Maybe a tech space to help veterans with technology questions. The musuem could of been booked throughout the year with field trips and events.

5P giving land away for free? not on this planet ;)

Back to my idea. Maybe the musuem wouldn?t have to be subsidized by government. Have memberships, donations, corporate sponsorships, equipment donated (solar panels, computers), and events.

A big win for the city, the public and veterans!

Irvine should lure away Long Beach's three signature events:

1. Bob Marley Festival
2. Long Beach Pride
3. Toyota Grand Prix

These events would be much better at the Great Park than Long Beach. The rastafarians would appreciate the endless soccer fields. 5P's hip quirky vibe and "modern" architecture would attract the gay community. The remaining runways and traffic circles would make for some exciting F1 action.

Burn That Belly said:
eyephone said:

But it seems to me the city and 5P are double dipping. One in the coffers of MR paid by homeowner and two from moderate ticket sales for athletic events and concerts.

They should bring Coachella to the Great Park. Coachella grossed $114M in just ONE event. That should be enough to pay for every GP homeowner's MR, and if not, throw another one:
http%3A%2F%2Fmashable.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2015%2F04%2Faerial-coachella-crowdd.jpg

Back