Save the Memorial Park! Vote No on Measure B ballot June 5th

Burn That Belly said:
iacrenter said:
Burn That Belly said:
It's funny, before the vote started, people assumed people were smart and knew what they were voting for. Nobody questioned that. When the 'Yes' people lost, then they made up excuses and claim voters were unedcuated, voters were misinformed, ballot confusion, and confusing signs on the street.

If the 'No on B' people lost, could they have used the same excuses above to explain the reasoning for the loss? I think the 'Yes on B' people would have called BS on that.

Hypocrites and double standard.

Hell yes! Welcome to your Murica. Let?s make Irvine Great Again.

Still 2:1 after the mail-in-ballots came in. Not a single thing has changed.

What's the next excuse? Illiteracy and inability to properly read ballots? Rigged election? Rigged emails? Collusion with Russia?

B-City of Irvine, Ordinance No. 17-08, Facilitating Veterans
Completed Precincts: 101 of 101
Vote Count Percentage
Yes 12,795 37.1%
No 21,678 62.9%

Let's just stop insulting our Great Residents of Irvine. They pay too much Mello Roos for that.

what percentage of irvine's population is eligible to vote?  60%?  that would be 150k eligible voters at 250k population.  33k is barely above 20% turnout...i think it's fair to say most people just don't care

Yawn. Lalloways proposal will probably fail, then he will grandstand and say the vetoers are going against the public vote while the opposition says the public deserves to hear Option C... a new site outside Irvine that's financially viable. Then that will be put up for a public vote, it may get shot down... back to square one... Find a new slant bro. It's pretty funny no one really talks to you anymore and you have to reply to your own posts.

Burn That Belly said:
Rizdak said:
Yawn. Lalloways proposal will probably fail, then he will grandstand and say the vetoers are going against the public vote while the opposition says the public deserves to hear Option C... a new site outside Irvine that's financially viable. Then that will be put up for a public vote, it may get shot down... back to square one... Find a new slant bro. It's pretty funny no one really talks to you anymore and you have to reply to your own posts.

I wasn?t talking to anyone. Just posting information. You know, like a Tweet.

Happy Fathers Day

BTB unblocked Rizdak!

Irvine City council meeting July 10. be there for some great theater.

Here are some 'facts' - direct  form the source (did not include his attachments)

Subject: Councilmembers are now lying to their constituents

FIRST ATTACHMENT:  I?m attaching the FivePoint Land-Swap Agreement.  If you look at the very first page, paragraph B., you will see that the ARDA site is ?to become part of the ?Great Park Property.?  That reference was extracted from the original agreement by which the City acquired the ARDA site from Lennar, to help save Lennar from bankruptcy during the ?great depression? of 2006-7.

The ARDA site is merely an expansion of the Great Park.  Are you saying that a park can never be expanded?

THIRD ATTACHMENT:  Also, look at the map, look at the ?Original Great Park Veterans Cemetery Site, and look at the Freeway site.  Tell me with a straight face (or any kind of face)  that the ?Original? site is not in the Great Park, and that the Freeway site is ?in? the Great Park.  It?s not even close.

>>>> neither site is in great park, both are on MCAS El Toro  <<<<<<<

In any case, the issue here has little to do with a Veterans Cemetery.  FivePoint wants the ARDA site because its worth $0.5 billion to them.  They couldn?t care less about a Veterans Cemetery.  Only the residents of Irvine and of Orange County, and the Veterans care about a Veterans Cemetery.

>>>>> Harvey is not a veteran <<<<<<

SECOND ATTACHMENT:  Further, the ARDA site is on the former MCAS El Toro, while the freeway site was never part of the base.  I attached a USGS map showing the boundary of the airbase.  The Freeway site is in the somewhat triangular area at the bottom of the map.  It looks a bit like a shoe.  You have to use the freeways as reference points.

We only deal in facts, not propaganda, lies, falsehoods, misinformation and misleading information that come from FivePoint, their consultants, surrogates, acolytes, corrupt officials, hoodwinked officials, misled officials and misled organizations.

>>>>>> which is why the judge ruled their ballot statement "false and misleading" <<<<

You must understand that FivePoint has launched the most massive propaganda campaign in the history of Irvine.  FivePoint never wanted a Great Park.  They want property to develop.  And, as the saying goes, will stop at nothing to get it.

Fortunately, we have the votes, now, to stop corruption in Irvine, the giveaway of public land, and the relentless assault on our Master Plan and its concomitant, relentless increase of traffic congestion.  The voters of Irvine will no longer be hoodwinked, as they have been since 2012.

If you?d like any more documents to support whatever I write, I?ve got them all (or almost all!).

Regards,
Harvey

Harvey H Liss, P.E., Ph.D.
Editor of Sci-Tech and Senior Life?Youthful Lifestyle pages
Irvine Community News & Views
IrvineCommunityNews.org
Irvine CA
c949-836-2225

So, as I feared (https://www.talkirvine.com/index.php/topic,16246.msg331392.html#msg331392), the memorial cemetery is now stalled again. 5P is going to develop the strawberry fields area, and the future of the memorial park is still uncertain.

This should be a lesson to voters, and especially the "No on B" campaign, if the cemetery was ever their real objective. Voting down a council proposal doesn't mean they are going to the opposite of the proposal. It just means they aren't going to do the proposed action. While the "No on B" folks portrayed the "No" vote as a "Build the cemetery" vote, it was never any such thing.

*shrug* I wasn't passionate about either side of the measure, but as I noted in the previous post, I felt that the Yes vote was the best way to ensure a cemetery was built *somewhere*. Now it seems likely to never get built at all.

I'm kinda sad.  I wanted to vets cemetery built and I knew the strawberry fields was the only way it was going to happen.  It was already on the path to completion before the "No on B" folks killed it.  I still don't understand why they cared so much about the exact location. 

aquabliss said:
I'm kinda sad.  I wanted to vets cemetery built and I knew the strawberry fields was the only way it was going to happen.  It was already on the path to completion before the "No on B" folks killed it.  I still don't understand why they cared so much about the exact location.

For B had a lot of money behind it.
Too bad soo sad.

The small person won against big business

Quite frankly. I think my idea of a military museum of the base might be a better idea. (It will take a lot of work to do. Such as red tape. For that reason alone. I don?t think it will happen.)

I honestly think that museum at great park is too small.

eyephone said:
Quite frankly. I think my idea of a military museum of the base might be a better idea. (It will take a lot of work to do. Such as red tape. For that reason alone. I don?t think it will happen.)

Speaking of, has anyone visited the aircraft carrier USS Midway in San Diego? It?s fascinating, made me watch Top Gun again (which is getting a sequel BTW).

irvinehomeowner said:
eyephone said:

Speaking of, has anyone visited the aircraft carrier USS Midway in San Diego? It?s fascinating, made me watch Top Gun again (which is getting a sequel BTW).

After watching Tom cruise in mission impossible , can?t wait for the top gun sequel . 

And yes , that midway is a must see for me on every San Diego visit . So convenient parking as well . Totally worth the modest admission fee .

Back