Quinterra at Portola Springs

irvinehomeowner said:
ps9 said:
Hope the Oven (electric) listed is a typo, who would go for electric oven?
bones can correct me but I believe most ovens are electric nowadays.

Maybe you were thinking stove?

That shows how much i'm in the kitchen :)

I noticed the listings on redfin are not 100% accurate for example 104 Tomato Springs.  I last looked at the house it is still being built.  It looked like the framing was done.

quinterra_zpsbe89e58e.jpg

cheapest new homes in Irvine at around $340/sq ft

Better then cypress, imo, but still too close to toll road. Rather that then the 5 fwy, but beauty is in the eye of the beholder so to each their own. 

I'm wondering what is exactly about Quinterra that attribute to very slow sales.

I know the location is a big factor but if you look at the map, Quintera is located right next to Lambert Ranch and the Lambert Ranch homes were selling extremely well.  Quintera is comparable to the Field home at L.R., and back in 2012, homes in Lambert Ranch was also selling around $340/sq.ft.  Does no M.R., gate and easier access of Lambert Ranch make that much a differences? 

lnc said:
I'm wondering what is exactly about Quinterra that attribute to very slow sales.

I know the location is a big factor but if you look at the map, Quintera is located right next to Lambert Ranch and the Lambert Ranch homes were selling extremely well.  Quintera is comparable to the Field home at L.R., and back in 2012, homes in Lambert Ranch was also selling around $340/sq.ft.  Does no M.R., gate and easier access of Lambert Ranch make that much a differences?

The location is almost identical, but the gate, no MR, and builder reputation makes it desirable.

lnc said:

8' ceilings
http://www.talkirvine.com/index.php/topic,11644.msg228653.html#msg228653

Lambert ranch has a normal, traditional neighborhood feel since it's all sfrs. Most homes, if not all, have at least 20 ft backyards so a little more separation from your back neighbor. No mello roos and lastly gated. So you get a normal neighborhood with the benefits of new construction. No other community can say that in irvine.

I'm telling you, Quinterra neighborhood gives the feel of a ghost town that was been abandoned 30 years ago.  It's like Chirnobyl or something.  We really liked the Plan 1 here and almost made an offer on 1 but there was something about it that just felt very drab and depressing. 

After driving through again a few months later, I think a lot of it had to do with the fact that every house has pretty much the same elevation, it's all brown santa barbara stucco with little to no character and no one had done their landscaping yet.  It felt like an empty desert up there... if you drive through I think you will get the same feeling but it's tough to relay it in words.

Back