Quinterra at Portola Springs

qwerty said:
Paris167 said:
So I took a look at the 2 lambert ranch properties currently listed on Redfin and my question is WHY would you buy at lambert ranch at the over $2mil price range when you can pay the same $$$ and buy in turtle ridge??
Who's buying in lambert ranch at this price point when obviously the location at the turtles is far more superior?
???

The better question is why would you spend $2M in Irvine, ever? When u can get newport or other coastal living for that price. While you may think the turtles have a better location others may find living south of the 405 detrimental to their situation. I work in la county, living south of the 405 would make my already long commute much longer and probably unbearable. And isn't north of the 405 where all the asian action (food, etc) is?  Isn't this why Asians buy in irvine over the coast?

True but the quality of the house is different in newport - you can get more for your $$ at TR over newport for the same amount. But the lambert ranch homes are comparable to the TR ones, IMO the TR ones look better with a better view.

I was just confused why LR commands such a high selling price and if there are people actually buying at that price point there.

I know location preferences vary among people but say I want to live at the bottom of the hill in palos verdes because it'll be more convenient to work...I should not be paying the same price for a home at the bottom compared to the top house with an ocean view.

Your PV analogy isn't quite the same comparison. Those lambert ranch homes are also on a hill. And I'm PV all the homes are old. This is new construction with current floorplans vs 40 year old homes.

qwerty said:
Your PV analogy isn't quite the same comparison. Those lambert ranch homes are also on a hill. And I'm PV all the homes are old. This is new construction with current floorplans vs 40 year old homes.

I wasn't comparing PV homes to irvine homes but comparing LR as a less desirable location than TR I guess ( with my analogy of top of hill > bottom if hill).

Anyway I've never been within the gates of LR and inside of those homes, my presumption is simply looking at Redfin pics.

For those who have physically been to LR, are they as nice as TR? What about LR compared to Laguna Altura?

While TRidge is a better location (to me) than LR... LR is less dense.

But yes, I would rather spend $2m in TRidge (or even TRock) than in LR.

Didn't we have this discussion before where anything SW of 5 is better than NE of 5?
Also anything SW of 405 is better than NE of 405.

Since real estate is weighted heavier on location and not newness, I would prefer the turtles or oak creek to LR.

zubs said:
Didn't we have this discussion before where anything SW of 5 is better than NE of 5?
Also anything SW of 405 is better than NE of 405.

Since real estate is weighted heavier on location and not newness, I would prefer the turtles or oak creek to LR.

Yes we had the discussion and agreed with you. So this is why I'm surprised LR is selling for the same price as TR. That's all. Obviously LR is selling for that price point because someone bought your that price before. I don't see how LR is so "special". (But then again I haven't physically been there yet)

Lambert Ranch is selling between $500 ~ $600 / sqft.
Turtle Ridge is selling between $600 ~ 800 / sqft.
Check ur redfin again.

I also checked LR's sold inventory, and redfin doesn't show anything sold there unless you go back 1 year.  I dislike using the sellers wishing prices.

zubs said:

I think the sales at Quinterra wants to know how Lambert Ranch, literally just a wall apart,  can sell over $500/sq.ft and yet, they are struggle at $340/sq.ft.  Maybe Quinterra should put up a gate and see what happen. 

lnc said:
zubs said:

I think the sales at Quinterra wants to know how Lambert Ranch, literally just a wall apart,  can sell over $500/sq.ft and yet, they are struggle at $340/sq.ft.  Maybe Quinterra should put up a gate and see what happen.

It's more than a gate. It's also, MR taken care of by the builder.

eyephone said:
lnc said:
zubs said:

It's more than a gate. It's also, MR taken care of by the builder.
At most, that Mello Roos is worth about $150k present valued.

Back