Piedmont at Eastwood

YellowFever said:
acf said:
Petaluma base plan 1 is at 835k right now. The one for 851k has some options.

Not only is base price increasing, the bells and whistles are increasing as well.  Expanded dining room used to be $5500, now they want $6500.
Wow...didn't know the price increased for the options also. Thanks for sharing all these info Yellow fever!

YellowFever said:
What gray paint colors are you guys choosing?  Looking to paint the walls just after closing. Sherwin Williams, Dunn Edwards?

Try cloud from Dunn Edwards. If its too dark you can reduce

YellowFever said:
What gray paint colors are you guys choosing?  Looking to paint the walls just after closing. Sherwin Williams, Dunn Edwards?

Wait a minute, after closing!?  You sign up for a Piedmont? 

Congrats man, great choice. 

For the paint, check out Benjamin Moore - (HC-172) Revere Pewter and Benjamin Moore - (HC-173) Edgecombe Gray.  These two "greige" color are pretty popular among interior designers. 

First pic is Revere Pewter and the second pic is Edgecombe Gray.  They are close but Revere Pewter is slightly warmer. 

48820180595f7f09206aa7c3137b2885--master-bath-shower-master-bathrooms.jpg

1691b27500be997f_0105-w500-h400-b0-p0--traditional-bathroom.jpg

Benjamin Moore has a lot of great colors, we're repainting a room Stonington Gray now, we wanted to try a true grey instead of a greige, but both those above look great as well.

Home Depot can mix Benjamin Moore colors in Behr paint to save some $.  Just take the name and code into HD and they can look it up.

YellowFever said:
aquabliss said:
Home Depot can mix Benjamin Moore colors in Behr paint to save some $. 

But does it come close though? I feel like it never comes close with paint matching. It's always two shades lighter or two shades darker. I have very, very sensitive eyes. I can see bullshit real quick and then I end up buying the real deal.  :-[

There's a discussion about it here:https://www.houzz.com/discussions/2...eally-color-match-benjamin-moore-paint-colors

Seems like differing opinions, some people say they've used Behr (matched) with the same color from BM in the same room and can't tell the difference.

Using Behr from HD and selecting BM's color pallet is a great idea and that's exactly what I did with my home.  The color is exactly the same and save you a good amount of money. 

Also what you can do with  HD is that you can buy several small paint sample in different color, then paint a small area on the wall and see which color you like better before the hired painter do the entire house. 

And please do not use the flat paint unless it's the ceiling, you will regret big time once yellow JR arrived. 

YellowFever said:
So go with flat paint throughout? I think that's what the model home uses. I'm tired of eggshell anyways.

Yep, I agree with Inc on the sheen, Yellow Jr will make short work of the flat paint.  I have Behr Satin throughout, washes up quite well.

lnc said:
Using Behr from HD and selecting BM's color pallet is a great idea and that's exactly what I did with my home.  The color is exactly the same and save you a good amount of money. 

Also what you can do with  HD is that you can buy several small paint sample in different color, then paint a small area on the wall and see which color you like better before the hired painter do the entire house. 

And please do not use the flat paint unless it's the ceiling, you will regret big time once yellow JR arrived.

We used BM Regal Select. Osh sells it.

4% back in osh rewards, payable when u reach $5.

20% Off sale

No tax day concurrent with sale

$10 off $40 Shop Irvine company coupons

$5 off per gallon for previous $5 sample purchase which they ran out of stickers for so they told me to bring in the receipt and just took it off for every gallon I purchased.

Brought BM down from 52.99 per gallon to $27 and change no tax added and 4% back in Osh rewards. All told if I had paid tax would have been about $25 per gallon and about a buck per gallon back in rewards.

Unfortunately Osh has had only one promo on interior BM paint this year and it's a measly $5 off Regal Select gallons, not coinciding with free tax sales and no more Irvine Company coupons for Osh. :(

Little did I know that I could have also forgone the osh rewards had a friend of mine who works there use his employee discount for another 20% off.

I need another gallon or two for some trim work we're doing. Might have to wait for free tax day and go with employee discount.

Back